LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 150 of 327 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 8169

Thread: Is My Advertising Pays / The Advert Platform A Scam or Ponzi?

Post Thanks / Like

re: Is My Advertising Pays / The Advert Platform A Scam or Ponzi?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I know I am probably going to regret asking this, but who is Ron Jeremy?
    such a sheltered child
    Haven't lost any money to online scams.......results are typical.

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I am probably going to regret asking this, but who is Ron Jeremy?
    You know Joyce's friend in the film Tara Tara Tara Tara (1981) - IMDb .
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reports are coming in - well, via Danny's "not a scam" and Simon's "success" FB pages at any rate - that the MAPs site is moving at "warp speed" now. The bigger pipes must have worked. Or was it the new server company? Or turning the site on and off? Anyhow, whatever the reason, it's back and FAST!

One numpty even said that they nearly burned their fingers from clicking so fast.

OMG! WOW! WHOOP, WHOOP! BUY MORE (while you still can, and remember, Simon needs that 3rd Bentley, so get your credit cards out people!)

I think it is as our friend said above, one more cash grab. And of course, all this coming and going conditions members not to panic when the day comes when it goes off......and doesn't come back on again, not even at snail speed.

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

8. Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Over on his "not a scam" FB page, our old chum Danny Turner is cock-a-hoop at the fact that the Maps site is back on and functioning at "warp speed." (I do like that phrase, makes me snigger every time, sorry!) He's busy saying "up yours!" to Tara and all the other "haterz", and swaggering about saying how fab MAPs is.

Several members over at Simon's success Fb page are also delirious with joy, thanking the "awesome" programmers and MAPs team. The relief from some of them is palpable. It's a bit painful to watch, actually, given that this is all just another stage in the game they are playing.

What those people say is neither here nor there. For me, what is significant is who is NOT saying anything. Through all this debacle, this fiasco of "tubes" and servers, has Simon Stepsys actually said anything about it? Has he said anything now it's all supposedly back to normal? Nope, not a word. He's too busy posting pictures of his grinning mug over in Malta, and that on his own personal page. Not a peep on his "success" page. I can't help feeling that he's stepping back a bit, especially now that he has Danny to rabble rouse for him!

There has been one comment, or maybe two from Tony Booth, and a couple of things from Jets, including his less than impressive video. Even the comment allegedly from Mike Deese was posted on the "success" FB page via Tony Booth and Margariet Denhaag. The CEO didn't go directly to any page and post, it all came via other people. And that was only after several days of faffing around and calls for patience.

I do wonder if all this has been a weeding out exercise. There must be a percentage of people in MAPs who are not active, who have only a few packs, or who are still on their trial period. I bet that recent difficulties will have put a good number of them off, so that they think it's just not worth bothering with. It will also help identify the gobby ones, the ones who have jumped up and down shouting and generally asking difficult questions while things have not been so good. I bet a fair few have just given up on the whole thing.

Those who have taken it, and posted nice things, they are the ones MAPs needs. The ones who are true believers, the ones who will now redouble their efforts because "everything is alright" again. The ones who will put more money in and hopefully (from MAPs point of view, that is) recruit some fresh folk to pump some fresh money in. When it all starts going downhill again, they won't panic because they will have seen it happen before, and still come good. This might even happen several times, but one day, dear Mapperoonies, the site will go down......

...............and not come back. Ever.

10. Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    LRM, this is great!

Do you remember, a couple of weeks ago, Richard Mead (also silent over the last few days I note) said there was going to be some great Mapping news in the papers - when they had space, naturally. "Watch this space!", he said.

Is this it, do you think???

12. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Della Cate View Post
    Over on his "not a scam" FB page, our old chum Danny Turner is cock-a-hoop at the fact that the Maps site is back on and functioning at "warp speed." (I do like that phrase, makes me snigger every time, sorry!) He's busy saying "up yours!" to Tara and all the other "haterz", and swaggering about saying how fab MAPs is.
    lol. still can't go any faster than the rest of the net allows. I don't believe they upgraded the whole interwebs with 'bigger tubes'. assmonkeys

14. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you remember, a couple of weeks ago, Richard Mead (also silent over the last few days I note) said there was going to be some great Mapping news in the papers - when they had space, naturally. "Watch this space!", he said.

Is this it, do you think???
    HeHe, anyone who did spend the past few weeks watching the space would be crosseyed and covered in spiders' webs by now.

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know who this James Godin character is? Here is an extract from a much longer piece he's posted on Danny boy's "Notascam" fB page. Mr Godin also claims to be the creator of the "Maps Ultimate Game Plan" - whatever that is.

Maps 747 Aug 15.jpg

He also quotes two more schemes, Infinite Leverage System and Traffic Authority, about which I know nothing. I'm going to google them (as opposed the "map" them, tee hee), but I have a suspicion they are more MLM type things. He compares them with MAPs anyway.

I'm sure someone on RS forum will know aaaallllll about 'em.

18. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No prizes for guess what type of "programs" Traffic Authority and Infinie Leverage are / were

The Company

The founders of Traffic Authority are Greg Chambers, Doug Wellens, and Chad Stalvey. They formerly headed up CPC Broker, which according to no verifiable source generated over $10 million in sales.

These three men also formerly ran Infinite Leverage, which I discovered while watching the TA promo video. They used the phrase “infinite leverage” to describe the program…and that rang a bell. A little digging and I found an MLM company with that name (lo and behold selling the same stuff). A little more digging and I connected Doug Wellens to the ILS company via an ancient WordPress blog from 2009.

The Product

During Beta Launch, reviewers found the product to be a huge success…according to Traffic Authority, that is. Traffic Authority describes their products as “premium” tools:

• Capture Page Builder- templates for capture pages
    • Advanced Link Tracking- stats for targeting visitors
    • Money making Pop Ups
    • Mobile Monitoring and Redirection
    • Countdown Timers
    • Split Testers
    • Website Rotators

All of these products are available elsewhere in one form or another for free by the way…or very close to free.

Members are advised to set up social media accounts and start generating leads for prospective customers for the above products. They’re also advised to purchase clicks from a “trusted partner”, “Igor Solo Ads”.
    The Opportunity

Members who join Traffic Authority are supposedly getting paid to send traffic to online businesses by cashing in on their platforms. These platforms are meant to resemble those of Google and Facebook, who “make millions and don’t even have a product”.

The idea is to build your own online business platform empire without thousands of employees, overhead, technical knowledge, marketing departments, or …money! You use the business tools described earlier, then sell them to others who become part of the TA family, and more importantly: your downlines. As you develop your team you promote more tools to them and when they buy, you get commissions.

20. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks LRM.

I did a quick search myself - not wanting to go off topic here - and found this on Oz's site:

Traffic Authority Review: Internet Leverage System rebooted

On that page, I noticed a photo of a list of top earners, one of whom is listed as "Shaun S", who has earned $93,660 with ILS (apparently). I wondered if it could be our old friend from Banners Broker and Zeek and MAPs, buddy of Simon Stepsys..........and yes, it was!

Shaun S Aug 15.jpg

So ILS and TA and MAPs are all in the same gang, it seems, so that tells me a LOT. Not perhaps a good idea of Mr Godin's to compare MAPs with the other ventures, but hey-ho.....

22. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I look into these things - it's become quite a hobby, well, we haterz don't get out much as you know - the more the same people keep on cropping up. And quite often they have been in the same schemes together in the past, and no doubt will be in the future.

Don't you all find it depressing?

Of course, on the plus side, once you see their name associated with something, you know instantly what sort of thing it is; so that's quite helpful!

24. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember, Simon couldn't say anything because he lost his router, and he had to order it as he could no be bothered to go to a local computer store and get a new one. His new one came while he is in Malta, so he couldn't use his computer to say anything cough, cough.
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

26. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember, Simon couldn't say anything because he lost his router, and he had to order it as he could no be bothered to go to a local computer store and get a new one. His new one came while he is in Malta, so he couldn't use his computer to say anything cough, cough.
    Gadzooks! I forgot about the lost router! Thanks for reminding us, Eagle.

What about his gold iphone (hand inscribed with his name), couldn't he use that??

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you all find it depressing?
    Nah, what's to be depressed about ???

No matter what happens, you're going to "win"

30. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not thinking for yourself is what Ponzi's are all about.
    Those who have taken it, and posted nice things, they are the ones MAPs needs. The ones who are true believers,
    the ones who will now redouble their efforts because "everything is alright" again.

SD

"No one in this world, so far as I know - and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me - has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people" - H. L. Mencken

32. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

34. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to the My Advertising Pays Scam FB page for the following gem......which has also been posted by Simon S on his page (after days of silence)

Maps 749 Aug 15.jpg Maps 750 Aug 15.jpg Maps 751 Aug 15.jpg Maps 752 Aug 15.jpg

I have a feeling that this is an example of the 3 B's - Bulls*t Baffles Brains!

36. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Nah, what's to be depressed about ???

No matter what happens, you're going to "win"

lol. exactly. I'm not losing any money when this scam folds.

38. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to the My Advertising Pays Scam FB page for the following gem......which has also been posted by Simon S on his page (after days of silence)

Maps 749 Aug 15.jpg Maps 750 Aug 15.jpg Maps 751 Aug 15.jpg Maps 752 Aug 15.jpg

I have a feeling that this is an example of the 3 B's - Bulls*t Baffles Brains!
    find it odd they ramble on about 'our servers' when the big cheese himself - deese - specifically said he was using an outside server company. so what did you do to reimburse the 'legitimate advertisers' that paid for 'advertising' but were unable to be viewed? If I was stupid enough to actually think you did do 'advertising' and I paid for some and this **** happened, I would not be happy.

40. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Memo to Mike Deese:

Now you have stepped in it big-time. With all your bragging about how MAP had found the world's largest pipes and fixed the problem, you now have eliminated all excuses when the website goes down the next time or it starts crawling along that it is a server issue or your pipes aren't large enough to deal with the hits to your website. I know your explanation was all hot air and your gullible members bought it, but that's what happens when you tell a whopper like MAP found the world's largest pipes to run their program.

Now I already know what your excuse will be for the next down time of MAP, but I'll just wait for you to use it and then expose it for the lie it is. You know just like MAP found the world's largest pipes. You see Google has more searches in five minutes than MAP has visitors to its website in a week. Want to try that MAP has to have Pipes as big as Google BS? Too

Are you sure you, Tony & Lynne, Simon, Richard, David, Danny, Jets, and AshadInt123 (to name just a few) aren't working on your stand-up comedy routines?
    Last edited by EagleOne; 12-27-2018 at 11:30 AM.
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

42. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The good people at https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Ad...492200?fref=ts posted the following:

Money Burner Turner latched on and proceeded to describe in detail why MAP is a Ponzi/Pyramid Hybrid while thinking he was showing its legitimacy.

Danny Turner Ponzi non-understander.jpg

A brief history on Ponzi.

He spent three years in prison before he committed the swindle that now bears his name. He wasn't the first to employ this tactic, sometimes the second mouse gets the cheese. In the rhetoric of a MAP leader, Ponzi made a few mistakes.

Ponzi claimed that he was exploiting the difference in the exchange rates of postal reply coupons between countries and passing these returns on to investors. In reality Ponzi purchased very few coupons. Ponzi just like MAP paid participants a commission to recruit investors for him. MAP rhetoric dictates Ponzi was offering an affiliate program.

Hater Takeaway: If you invest with someone previously involved in fraud(s) expect to lose your money. A swindler saying they have a business is not the same thing as having said business. Madoff, Standford, Rothstein all had plausible stories.

http://www.biography.com/people/charles-ponzi-20650909

Quote Originally Posted by Danny "U haz to B kidding" Turner
    Oh BTW Thanks for sharing this video today, finally people can see that MAP has nothing in common with a Ponzi or Pyramid Scheme!!! MAP is an affiliate programme that shares 90% of its advertising revenue with its members
    MAP has everything in common with a SEC.gov | "Ponzi" Schemes

High investment returns with little or no risk.
    Overly consistent returns.
    Unregistered investments.
    Unlicensed sellers
    Secretive and/or complex strategies.
    Issues with small pipes and/or tubes
    Difficulty receiving payments

Furthermorez MAP has everything in common with: SEC.gov | Beware of Pyramid Schemes Posing as Multi-Level Marketing Programs

No genuine product or service sold to people who are not in the program.
    Promises of high returns in a short time period
    Easy money or passive income
    No demonstrated revenue from retail sales
    Buy-in required
    Complex commission structure. Be concerned unless commissions are based on products or services that you or your recruits sell to people outside the program.
    Emphasis on recruiting.

Every single hater gets that MAP claims to be sharing 90% of its revenue, Ponzi claimed to be exchanging postal reply coupons.

Every member in MAP has to buy the product even if you reach to the maximum allowed 1200 packs you still have to buy as the Credit Packs expire after they have returned the full amount plus 10%... You have to replace your expired packs to continue to get the maximum allowed profit share!!!
    Please visit SEC.gov | Beware of Pyramid Schemes Posing as Multi-Level Marketing Programs, and compare with the above quote. Any talk by Turner of a bunch of ads being sold to people not in the program? Danny's words not mine, you know we like to twist things in these parts.

By the way every MAP member MADE MONEY DURING THE UPGRADES!!!

Overly consistent returns

SEC.gov | "Ponzi" Schemes

So this site is down for five days and not a single external advertiser jumped ship? PLUS they agreed to pay profits to people that couldn't click on their ads?

Our sponsors at MIAB have released a new product for what's coming next, if you don't think you need it best buy 2.

MAP in a Box I'm in a scam biting bullets.JPG
    Last edited by ribshaw; 08-27-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

44. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That Danny Dimwit is a singular fool.

46. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are now going the rounds - well, on this page and Richard Mead's page at any rate - the MAPs analytics. Doesn't say where they cam from of course, only that they are there.

Perhaps knowledgable people on RS can comment?

Maps 753 Aug 15.jpg

Please note: the red exclamation mark is on the original - not added by me.

48. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

page view

noun
    plural noun: pageviews

an instance of an Internet user visiting a particular page on a website.
    It's a fairly pointless figure on its' own, unless the intent is to impress potential victims members unsophisticated in web technology or the advertising industry.

* With no time frame, it could be over 5 years.

* It could quite easily be 150,000 people checking in ten times a day checking their account balance

* It doesn't specify if they are "unique visitors"

When tracking the amount of traffic on a Web site, it refers to a person who visits a Web site more than once within a specified period of time.

Software that tracks and counts Web site traffic can distinguish between visitors who only visit the site once and unique visitors who return to the site.

Different from a site's hits or page views -- which are measured by the number of files that are requested from a site -- unique visitors are measured according to their unique IP addresses, which are like online fingerprints, and unique visitors are counted only once no matter how many times they visit the site. There are some ISPs that use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, such as AOLand cable modem providers, which use different IPs for every file requested, making one visitor look like many. In this case, a single IP address does not indicate a unique visitor.
    * As has been pointed out countless times before, the fact MAP members click on ten ads a day can and does boost the visitor numbers, which does NOT equate to making the site attractive to potential advertisers, who need a complete analysis of who and why visitors are accessing the site, before committing any dollars.

Common sense tells us a pizza parlor in Lithuania or a dog grooming service on Interstate 70 in eastern Utah. having its' ad viewed 10,000 times a day on a site with 180,000 "members" logging in every day won't notice the slightest increase in pizza sales or grooming appointments.

50. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post