Thread: Mywarrantyrewards.com

busttheblock is offline Senior Member

Mywarrantyrewards.com

Something about this one just doesn't sit right with me. It comes off like the classic "too good to be true" program. This is supposedly the marketing arm of Matrix Protection, which has purportedly been in business since 2006.....not sure I believe that. Jay Tuerk is the co-founder and CEO...to be honest, he seems like a slimy used car salesman!

busttheblock is offline Senior Member

Re: Mywarrantyrewards.com

Quote Originally Posted by busttheblock View Post
    Something about this one just doesn't sit right with me. It comes off like the classic "too good to be true" program. This is supposedly the marketing arm of Matrix Protection, which has purportedly been in business since 2006.....not sure I believe that. Jay Tuerk is the co-founder and CEO...to be honest, he seems like a slimy used car salesman!
    Does anyone else have any feeling (positive/negative) about this program?

littleroundman is offline Administrator

As you point out, it definitely seems to fit into the "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" category

Unfortunately the link on the "opportunity" page doesn't work and there is no mention on the site exactly how the "direct selling compensation plan" actually works.

Opportunity
    Welcome to the Warranty Rewards opportunity section. We’ve taken the philosophy that a direct selling compensation plan needs to be as straightforward as possible. We also believe that people at all levels entering a direct selling organization should have realistic income earning opportunities, with achievable promotion requirements. We hope that we have achieved that with Warranty Rewards.
    Please download our Opportunity Presentation by Clicking Here to learn all about Warranty Rewards.
    To become Promoter with Warranty Rewards, click the Join Now link below.
    That's a bloody big red flag, right there.

The second red flag is Mywarrantyrewards.com is claiming all those benefits at a price way cheaper than any other form of similar insurance plan AND is supposed to pay "realistic income earning opportunities" to a direct selling salesforce.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

laidback is offline Senior Troll

Quote Originally Posted by busttheblock View Post
    Does anyone else have any feeling (positive/negative) about this program?
    This seems like a more expensive version of Squaretrade. At $29.97 a month, you would need a lot of failures to make it worthhile. Also the lack of specifics prior to signup usually indicates problems.
    Also the following:,
    As defined in the Warranty Rewards Compensation Plan, I will be eligible to earn commissions based on my ability to enroll customers and sponsor a team of Promoters that enrolls customers.
    while not proof of pyramid certainly reeks of MLM!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

GlimDropper is offline Administrator

Oz over at BehindMLM did a post about this, I'm plagiarizing myself from there:

I’m pretty tempted to say the warranty deal is pretty close to just window dressing. Look at other companies offering after market warranty services and they all offer the service in a similar way, on an item for item basis, with specific terms and coverages.

Matrix Protection purports to charge you one flat fee for as many or as few insured items you may have or go on to acquire. This doesn’t make sense. Can you imagine a car insurance company charging the same total fee to someone who owns five Bentleys as they would to someone who owned two Toyotas? Again, this doesn’t make sense.

From a best practices stand point I can look at the websites of a few other after market electronics warranty providers and find out exactly who underwrites their insurance coverage. For SquareTrade and Safeware it’s AM Trust Financial, ElectronicWarranty dot com, it’s AM Best. Clear and verifiable identification of who their fiduciary relationships are with. Who underwrites Matrix Protection’s coverage? Who are they partnered with?

As far as Jay Tuerk and Yoni Ashurov, they do have something of a MLM background, last year’s blink and you missed it Stahr Meridian. Tuerk was listed as a Co-Founder.

Where some less than reputable MLM companies slowly bleed their affiliate base to inevitable oblivion Stahr Meridian was closer to a smash and grab robbery. Perhaps upwards of 3,000 “Social Entrepreneurs” ponied up $300 each to enroll in a company with a life span that compared favorably to some fruit flies.

Steve Smith and Marty Hale headed up Stahr. Smith of Excel Communications fame and who went on to create a bunch of short lived recruitment heavy more or less MLM companies. Marty Hale has been party to more MLM company lawsuits than most state Attorney Generals and the most recent stop on his Typhoid Marty Tour is as (for the moment) President of Terry LaCore’s B:Hip.

Folks, if you’re following guys like Smith and Hale from one company to another for any reason other than morbid curiosity, you’re either getting screwed or helping people get screwed. Or both.

Tuerk and Ashurov headed up Energy Management Systems and their “EnergyMizer” was Stahr Meridian’s flagship product. And what a steaming pile of a product offering it was:

Save up to 20% on your electric bills AND save your life from the harmful EM radiation in your home, all wrapped up in one easy to install $400 package.

Honestly, if the EnergyMizer was anywhere near as good as Jay and Yoni claimed why would the timely death of Stahr Meridian have killed the product? Even if it only saved people 5% on their electric bills they could still sell millions of them. Millions and Millions of them.

Unless they were lying their asses off about it at which time switching to the aftermarket insurance deal makes perfect sense. But what if they’re lying about that too?
    So your prophets of finance have fallen on their collective proverbial face, and you hear muffled voices calling: Welcome to the human race.
    You made a killing dealing real estate at NASA selling cemetery plots in outer space til some falling coffins crashed upon your doorstep: Welcome to the human race.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Guardian13 is offline Junior Member

Just to put this out there. I have read through all the information listed in all of the comments below and feel that a few things should be pointed out. No one thus far has actually referenced any research they have done on this system and or the two men in question and I as a non biased business owner would like to point a few things out. They have not only a A+ BBB rating they have an A- rating with AM Best. AM Best is the gold standard of rating companies because they rate on business growth, business solvency, complaints filed, ext. They are the ones that rank Insurance agencys and the Matrix companies rating is actually a higher rating with them then AFLAC is. As far as it looking like a MLM system, it is, however MLM systems are not illegal and or even bad depending on the plan. Some of the most successfull businesses today are MLM including Mary Kay, Ignit and Stream Energy, Ambit, Avon, Aflac, A L Williams which is now Prime America. Yes I added to insurance companies in there because if you look at there pay scale they are the same base and I own an opperate an agency that has over 25+yrs of experiance. They have been in business since 2006 and just recently in 2012 made a name change with the BBB because they had grown and needed to add in the new portion of the company inwhich they bought. They have 687,000+ customers currently in the US and in the Last 4yrs have had only 49 complaints filed against them only which 9 had not been removed or resolved. These are just a few facts that I have found after doing research on them back in June of this year. And after reading the comments on this feed I felt it might shed some light on the topic which seemed to be in need of it. All my facts that I have stated can be found at both the BBB website as well as the AM Best web site, just make sure you look at the proper company legal name before hand. Again I am a third party business owner that came across this a few months back due to a client asking question and wanted the information.

nomaxim is offline Archæologist

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian13 View Post
    All my facts that I have stated can be found at both the BBB website as well as the AM Best web site, just make sure you look at the proper company legal name before hand.
    What a shame you forgot to link to either of these reports or provide the 'proper company legal name' to assist anyone else looking for these reports.
    Electricity is really just organized lightning.
    -George Carlin

ribshaw is offline Nigerian Ministry

All my facts that I have stated can be found at both the BBB website as well as the AM Best web site, just make sure you look at the proper company legal name before hand.
    Maybe you could post some links to the proper company legal name and ratings for us. Considering the quality work Oz has already done I am going to pass on hunting it down myself.

Warranty Rewards Review: MLM warranty coverage?
    Jan.23, 2014 in companies

warranty-rewards-logo

Other than a provided corporate address in Florida, there is no information on the Warranty Rewards website indicating who owns or runs the business.

The Website Rewards website domain (“mywebsiterewards.com”) was registered on the 15th of October 2013, however the domain registration is private.

Warranty Rewards does have a “Company” page on their website, but it only reveals that ‘Warranty Rewards was founded as the direct selling arm of Matrix Protection‘.

There’s no information on the Matrix Protection website indicating who owns that company either. The Matrix Protection website domain (“matrixprotection.com”) was registered in 2009, however its domain registration is also private.
    Warranty Rewards Review: MLM warranty coverage?

Again I am a third party business owner that came across this a few months back due to a client asking question and wanted the information.
    Yes, we hear that every time someone just happens to drop buy. Your post reads like a twenty something who is just getting started in MLM, endless recruiting schemes, or dare I even say Mywarrantyrewards.

I just checked and there is a thread over at Board Message, if it is there it is not a real business.
    Last edited by ribshaw; Yesterday at 01:41 PM.
    "When you get something for nothing, you just haven't been billed for it yet." - Franklin P. Jones
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Thread Information