Likes Likes:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Need a Little Background on MLM

Post Thanks / Like

Need a Little Background on MLM

I am doing my best on Google, but it's getting late and I'm getting tired...

And this is a vague question.

Before 2000, are there "financial advisors", and I mean TV and seminar personalities, in the ilk of Suze Orman, Jim Kramer, and so on that endorses MLM / Network Marketing as a legitimate way to improve one's financial situation?

I know Kiyosaki is onboard, but he's nobody before 2000. I mean somebody BEFORE 2000. From start of Amway to 2000. Are there any financial "celebrities" advocating network marketing?

I know some famous people once owned or started MLMs. Richard Branson at one time had Vrigin Cosmetics. I know Warren Buffet still owns Pampered Chef. But I mean ADVISORS.

Any one recall any?
    ---
    A MLM Skeptic (not a Cynic) covering scams, critical thinking, and psychology
    http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a Little Background on MLM

Quote Originally Posted by kschang View Post
    Any one recall any?
    zero.JPG

KS, I can't remember any off the top of my head, and I used to watch what I could find on TV, or in the car, but these were pre-satellite days so it would usually be when driving through an area. One topic at the time that was very popular was buy term and invest the difference. So it is possible that AL Williams, and later Primerica was pushed by someone. Although from my recollection at the time, the big names were saying their premiums were too high, and the funds they sold carried loads that were too large.

Ken and Daria Dolan, Jane Bryant Quinn, Clark Howard, Ric Edleman, Luis Rukyser, Bruce Williams are some of the bigger names I can think of, not sure about Clark and Ric but think they were in the 90s. A lot of the finance people were on AM radio, and regional so I am at a loss for names. Again, I don't remember any of them pitching MLM, other than the chestnut about Trump.

I made these two searches based on famous financial advisers and books, MEH. A rather tough google to find the personalities alone, and then you would really need to know what they were either advertising or advising.

Famous Financial Advisers | List of the Top Well-Known Financial Advisers
    http://www.mydollarplan.com/35-best-...finance-books/

This may be the most topical, if you can back in to people who were on the radio or TV prior to 2000. None are "financial" people (which may say something), but do push coins and in this case lend their names to Income at Home which appears to pitch Herbalife.

Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Delilah, Dr. Laura, Anthony Valary, Joe, Bartlett, Todd Schnitt, Mark Levin, Roger Hedgecock, Jason Lewis, Michael Savage, Bill Press, Randi Rhodes, Neal Boortz, Todd N Tyler, Slow James with R Dub!, Sybil Wilkes, Tom Joyner, Charlie Tuna, The Art Laboe Show, George Noory, Yolanda Adams, Shirley Strawberry, Coast To Coast, Steve Harvey, Rick & Bubba, Laura Ingraham, Praise 106.5

IncomeAtHome.com Exposed! | Radio Advertisers - Shame On You! | IncomeAtHome.com Exposed | The Truth About Incomeathome.com
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403