Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Numis Network & Robert Kiyosaki a Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Numis Network & Robert Kiyosaki a Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow???

http://vodpod.com/watch/3391392-robe...to-fiatusmoney

More Kiyosaki nonsense different day?

Soapboxmom

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Numis Network & Robert Kiyosaki a Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow???

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    Interestingly enough, Kiyosaki is not even in the video.

No nonsense from him on this day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    No need for a "question mark" when you make such an obviously true statement, SBM.

Here ya go:

More Kiyosaki nonsense different day.

Mr Kiyosaki used to unashamedly describe himself as being a "shark" when it comes to money, back in the days when he was a new age "guru" preaching his Money and You message.

Someone should remind the man about when he used to get participants in his shows to play the "blocks" game and trigger what he liked to call "spontaneous rebirths"

So now we have the shark teaming up with the minnows to push overpriced coins.

What a surprise.........NOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    No need for a "question mark" when you make such an obviously true statement, SBM.

Here ya go:

More Kiyosaki nonsense different day.

Mr Kiyosaki used to unashamedly describe himself as being a "shark" when it comes to money, back in the days when he was a new age "guru" preaching his Money and You message.

Someone should remind the man about when he used to get participants in his shows to play the "blocks" game and trigger what he liked to call "spontaneous rebirths"

So now we have the shark teaming up with the minnows to push overpriced coins.

What a surprise.........NOT
    I am no fan of Kiyosaki or Numis but I have not seen where they have teamed up.
    Kiyosaki does advise buying silver but I am not aware of him pitching numismatic coins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, sleazy MLMers do love to use Kiyosaki to promote their scams as he does have a universal appeal to the unsophisticated and simple minded consumer. Many do not have the time or savvy to check out Kiyosaki and his followers and certainly pay a steep price for buying into his utter nonsense. I quit supporting Public Television because they had that idiot Kiyosaki on explaining his laughable 4 quadrants and thoughts on realsestate investing.

Soapboxmom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jebaroo View Post
    I am no fan of Kiyosaki or Numis but I have not seen where they have teamed up.
    Kiyosaki does advise buying silver but I am not aware of him pitching numismatic coins.
    Err,

did you watch the video SBM posted ????

The headline above it reads:

Robert Kiyosaki | Gold and Silver Coins are the answer to Fiat_US_money

It's one of the pet complaints of many that MLM observers companies allow their "independent business owners" to include information in/on their websites/advertising while simultaneously wiping their corporate hands of any responsibility for such inclusions.

Thus we have a situation where a simple Google using the terms <Kiyosaki & Numis> produces pages of results linking the two.

Scam or misguided enthusiasm ????

Opinion here and on many similar forums suggest many people do NOT agree with the premise that "alls' fair in love, war and MLM marketing"

Somebody's lying and/or stretching the truth and/or making errors by omission.

The question is whether that somebody is Kiyosaki, Numis or Numis "IBOs" and whether such behaviour is immoral and/or illegal and/or unethical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Err,

did you watch the video SBM posted ????

The headline above it reads:

Robert Kiyosaki | Gold and Silver Coins are the answer to Fiat_US_money

It's one of the pet complaints of many that MLM observers companies allow their "independent business owners" to include information in/on their websites/advertising while simultaneously wiping their corporate hands of any responsibility for such inclusions.

Thus we have a situation where a simple Google using the terms <Kiyosaki & Numis> produces pages of results linking the two.

Scam or misguided enthusiasm ????

Opinion here and on many similar forums suggest many people do NOT agree with the premise that "alls' fair in love, war and MLM marketing"

Somebody's lying and/or stretching the truth and/or making errors by omission.

The question is whether that somebody is Kiyosaki, Numis or Numis "IBOs" and whether such behaviour is immoral and/or illegal and/or unethical.
    Err, yes and then I posted that he was not in the video......

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Numis Network & Robert Kiyosaki a Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow???

Numis sells the Silver Eagle, one ounce of silver, for roughly $100 to $120 per coin. I bought my Silver Eagle from my local coin dealer for $20.25, plus tax. The only difference is that the Numis coin has been "graded".

Here's a report I just found that was written by Tracy Coenen.

Another thinly veiled pyramid scheme: Numis Network

Another thinly veiled pyramid scheme: Numis Network : Sequence Inc. Fraud Files Blog

Since the coins sold by Numis Network appear to have little retail appeal to true customers, the only way a representative can hope to make money is by constant recruiting. The representatives cannot rely on retail sales of coins, so they must rely on the complicated methods of calculating various bonuses for the recruits in their downlines. The only hope for a representative lies in recruiting an endless chain of representatives.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Live&Learn View Post
    Numis sells the Silver Eagle, one ounce of silver, for roughly $100 to $120 per coin. I bought my Silver Eagle from my local coin dealer for $20.25, plus tax. The only difference is that the Numis coin has been "graded".

Here's a report I just found that was written by Tracy Coenen.

Another thinly veiled pyramid scheme: Numis Network

Another thinly veiled pyramid scheme: Numis Network : Sequence Inc. Fraud Files Blog

Since the coins sold by Numis Network appear to have little retail appeal to true customers, the only way a representative can hope to make money is by constant recruiting. The representatives cannot rely on retail sales of coins, so they must rely on the complicated methods of calculating various bonuses for the recruits in their downlines. The only hope for a representative lies in recruiting an endless chain of representatives.

LRM had put up this video the other day http://www.realscam.com/f8/banners-b...html#post75884. I though serial scam promoter Mark Ghorbril was promoting something "new". But alas this was an old flopportunity, and Gerbil had long since moved on to rip people off in the now failed Banners Broker Scam. Without going any further, if you happen to be here because you have been approached for NUMIS or one of the similar gold MLMs out there you might want to find out what the person inviting you has promoted in the past. If these people are so great at creating passive income, where is it? Best I can tell they all seem to jump from deal to deal like fleas.

It sort of set me off as the tax advice he gave was tantamount to committing fraud. Not exactly new in the MLM industry, but it certainly should give anyone with 1/2 a brain pause before they follow "leaders" like Gerbil from one scam to the next. As mentioned above, since there is very likely no way 51% of sales are at retail this appears to meet the very definition of an illegal pyramid scheme.

My tax meltdown here...

http://www.realscam.com/f8/banners-b...html#post75889

And here...

http://www.realscam.com/f8/banners-b...html#post75895

================================================== =======================

I quoted the above poster to discuss a few things I had looked up before logging out for the weekend. There are a few other scammy things mentioned in the video like the buyback guarantee.

First this shot.
    I think the MOST important thing is the COMPANY'S VERY ON DISCLOSURE. These coins are not meant for investing, they are meant for collecting. Sounds not like a business, but a hobby.

Numis.JPG

Second, as Live and Learn mentioned, you are paying $99 for a coin that very likely has a melt value right now of $20. That is a brilliant business for NUMIS, for the affiliate not so much. As for the buyback guarantee.

NumisBuyback.jpg

In the best case scenario the affiliate has loaned the company $99 for five years interest free and received $20 in collateral. Again a hell of a deal for Numis. This guarantee also assumes the company stays in business or does not try and nickel and dime the affiliate on the buyback.

The income disclosure as with ALL MLMs sucks. 1% make money, 4% some money before expenses, and most lose and lose more after time and expenses.

NUMIS INCOME DISCLOSURE.jpg

The FTC has a rather big warning about investing in collectable coins. Investing in Collectible Coins | Consumer Information

I consider this guy somewhat of a crank, but his point is well made: Numismatic Coins Are Fool's Gold - SPDR Gold Trust ETF (NYSEARCA:GLD) | Seeking Alpha. Numismatics really are for hobbyists or very skilled/knowledgeable collectors.

Here are some equally sketchy Gold MLMs. The product is consistently overpriced, and very questionable legally.

http://www.realscam.com/f8/karatbars...bars-com-3278/

http://www.realscam.com/f9/gold-company-ilgamos-3369/

================================================== ==
    My final concern as with all MLM programs is the affiliate is a contractor, not an employee or a franchisee. So you have none of the rights a typical business owner would have with suppliers, but hold almost all the risk. LOSE/LOSE as they say.

As an Independent Contractor, I am responsible for obtaining any licenses required by law. Numis will not be liable whatsoever for city, county, state, and federal taxes or other fees pertaining to my efforts and earnings.

I can sell, assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement only with the prior written consent of Numis. Sale and Transfer requirements are specified in the Numis Policies & Procedures

I will indemnify and hold Numis harmless from any and all claims, expenses, costs, causes of action, and damages resulting from or growing out of my statements or actions or any member in my organization in violation of this Agreement or in furtherance of my own business activities.

Numis may terminate this Agreement immediately without notice if I have violated any term or condition of this Agreement or I have otherwise acted illegally or unethically.

https://www.numisnetwork.com/JoinAgreement.asp
    Last edited by ribshaw; 09-08-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Post Thanks / Like

I got confirmation that the 2015 Kookaburra is the coin of the month, at the low low low cost of $99. Without looking beyond the first result on Google I found the coin for sale for about $25 bucks.

KookaKooka.JPG

While many warehouses have their employees wear back braces to avoid injury, in the case of NUMIS I suspect the braces are needed to prevent hernias from laughing too hard at what people are paying.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff

Post Thanks / Like

Kiyosaki the financial hack is known to push gold / silver and real estate over anything else. It's in his "Rich Dad's Prophecy" and earlier books.

But Numismatic coins are not even technically gold and silver by Kiyosaki's standard, are they?
    ---
    A MLM Skeptic (not a Cynic) covering scams, critical thinking, and psychology
    http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kschang View Post
    Kiyosaki the financial hack is known to push gold / silver and real estate over anything else. It's in his "Rich Dad's Prophecy" and earlier books.

But Numismatic coins are not even technically gold and silver by Kiyosaki's standard, are they?
    I saw a quote on line from someone saying Kiyosaki was railing against numismatic coins on his crappy radio show. I read "Made of Dad's Made up Prophecy" as part of a package of books and tapes I bought on Ebay. Either Robert made that crap up entirely, or he can remember conversations from the 70s a lot better than I can. I can't be sure, but at age nine I don't remember any that I had about ERISA. Even as an adult it has barely come up.

It beggars belief that so few question what Lie-Osaki says, and so many continue to parrot him as if he was writing non-fiction.