Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Is Rippln a pyramid scheme? MLM? fun game? You decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Rippln a pyramid scheme? MLM? fun game? You decide.

Meanwhile, Mr. Dooly has continued to evade a question I keep asking him, "At what point do you stop promoting Rippln as if it is a legitimate business which is likely to make people money?"

I hope the mustachioed MLM pimp gets another visit from the SEC.

2. Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Troy's just doing his job, my only complaint is his job isn't exactly as he likes to present it. He has signed no contracts with and owes no fiduciary responsibility to any the rank and file MLM affiliates anywhere. He has signed contracts and is responsible but only not to the people who are not paying him, nothing wrong with that. He likes to say that the best interests of the affiliate force is his passion and that may be true but it sure as hell isn't how he pays his bills.

I'm not one to burn bridges. I have said here and elsewhere that I like Troy and I do. I look back at his former body of work and find myself wishing that guy was still around. Those of us who have been at this for long enough remember the absurd fraud that was Global Verge. For those of you who missed it, Y'all missed some amazing ****. At one point in the saga (which is far too long to try to detail here) Troy made a mind boggling decision to, for a moment, cut the company some slack. I thought he made a huge error in judgement in doing so and guess what, Troy owned that error. Folks, you want to see the Troy Dooly I wish was still alive and kicking? Meet him here.

[Gentle Jackboot Warning: If anyone wants to start a Global Verge reminiscence thread, and recount Troy's coverage of it, feel free to do so and please post a link to it here. But this isn't the thread to have that conversation in. Thanks in advance.]

One thing I'll point out, as per what Troy has told us he knows better than we what the basics of the balance sheet are here, per my outside perspective Global Verge was a fraud on an order of magnitude greater than Rippln. For all the preposterous pretensions of a million plus members Rippln is and always was a penny ante operation. The number of thousands of people who wasted their money in this ridiculous farce of a MLM company was most thankfully small. Those who did waste their money however did so with the approbation of the same guy who used to use his voice to warn the reps in the field against companies who were ripping them off.

Now, Troy works for the companies that pay him.

It is my most fervent hope that history will prove me wrong. That Troy Dooly will stop being an apologist for less than honorable MLM companies and he'll remember the days he spent as a watchmen on the wall. Not for the ways those attitudes interfered with his potential paychecks but rather for the people who thanked him for that important service. It is within His ability to tell the truth but it isn't always in his best financial interests to do so. I'm not saying there isn't a balance scale to weigh warning signs verses dollar signs but I'm saying that any equation predicated on those conditions involves victims. How many victims? How many dollars?

Troy, I'm not saying this to piss you off, I'm saying this for you to prove me wrong.
    Last edited by GlimDropper; 01-24-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    So your prophets of finance have fallen on their collective proverbial face, and you hear muffled voices calling: Welcome to the human race.
    You made a killing dealing real estate at NASA selling cemetery plots in outer space til some falling coffins crashed upon your doorstep: Welcome to the human race.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

4. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felgercarb View Post
    Meanwhile, Mr. Dooly has continued to evade a question I keep asking him, "At what point do you stop promoting Rippln as if it is a legitimate business which is likely to make people money?"

I hope the mustachioed MLM pimp gets another visit from the SEC.
    Great question but he will most likely continue to evade. I second the hope for another visit from the SEC.

6. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This just in from Rippln Co-Founder Jim Bunch:

Hi Friends,

I wanted to personally connect with you all and let you
    know that Rippln will be closing it's doors very soon.

As you may have heard, I brought investors to the table
    to acquire Rippln and bring it back to the original vision and mission.

Unfortunately, the due diligence made it apparent that we would
    not be able to raise the next round of VC capital that would be necessary
    to take Rippln where it needed to go and therefore the investors had to decline the opportunity to purchase Rippln.

Please know that I respect and appreciate each and everyone of you
    and the contributions you made. Reaching out to your trusted friends
    and family and sharing the vision shows a great commitment on your part.

Also know that the partners in Rippln invested an enormous amount of time,
    energy and resources to give it a chance at success. The goal was to do
    something that had never been done before...and while there were a number
    of those things accomplished, in the end, there were a few things that could
    not be overcome.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you feel the need to do so
    and I'll be happy to connect with you each. There are a few really great lessons I personally am grateful for and I hope you invest a few moments in capturing your lessons and insights so we can all look back and appreciate the gifts we were given by being a part of this company.

It's now time to focus my full attention to the Vision and Mission of The Ultimate Game, which is to Inspire Happiness, Health and Wealth Worldwide.

Thank you again for your trust and energy, I really do love and appreciate you all.
    I listened to Rutherford's ramble an hour or so before seeing that and had a feeling something was up. First he rambled on (and on) longer than usual but never seemed to find his usual comfort level. His focus was on risk vs. reward and harped again and again on how no one on the call has spent all that much money on Rippln. The then formulated the notion that because the individual dollar amounts were small no one could really feel as if they had been scammed. I don't know the specific sales technique he was using but segued from affirmative present tense statements to subjective past tense in a way that if you weren't paying attention you might not have realized he wasn't asking for an opinion so much as trying to form one.

He also finished off the call by saying he was going to speak with Brian (Underock) and was expecting to have news soon. There was something in his voice I couldn't quite make out at the time but after reading Jim Bunch's announcement we know what his news will be.
    So your prophets of finance have fallen on their collective proverbial face, and you hear muffled voices calling: Welcome to the human race.
    You made a killing dealing real estate at NASA selling cemetery plots in outer space til some falling coffins crashed upon your doorstep: Welcome to the human race.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

8. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.facebook.com/Rippln/posts/581302211950502

R Melvin McKenzie -biggest BSer @ Ripplyn (and THAT is quite a BS er) has moved on:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&stream_ref=10

Might as well start a thread on this one now.

Post Thanks / Like

I say we nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post really quick. I actually just got off the phone with Brian Underwood and wanted to update you with our conversation. Rippln is and has been in the process of negotiations to merge with another company. The decision of the investor Jim B spoke of is just one of many that they are in contact with . Brian has had his head down along with many others..negotiating and determining the best way to insure that we don't cancel our memberships before he can bill us for February the best future of Rippln. He assured me that they will come out publicly and let us know what happens. So I guess it ain't over until the fat lady sings?? Is that a saying LOL.
    [To anyone who couldn't guess, I did slightly alter that quote.]

Son of a bitch. Underock doesn't have the guts to face his field force and tell them what's going on regarding:

• Why App Share hasn't paid as promised.
    • When App Share just might start paying as promised.
    • That there is an impending lawsuit.
    • What Rippln hopes to do about the lawsuit.
    • Why anyone would ever be stupid enough to buy/partner with a colossal joke of a company which is facing a lawsuit and a negative balance sheet.

Yet on the 27th day of a monthly billing period he's asking people to wait just a little bit longer before canceling their subscriptions. Only he isn't doing it publicly, he's doing it second hand on facebook. THIS is LEADERSHIP Brain Underwood style. His members have $30 each and by the end of the week he can take it from them. And I'm sure he will and then admit that he's closing the company.

You got yourself one hell of a friend there Troy.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

11. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess that answers that question:

Mike Rutherford missed his scheduled call today. No updates on the Ripple Maniacs or the official Rippln facebook pages. But every mention of Jim Bunch's "it's over" message was scrubbed from the page. This close to being able to ding the remaining affiliates for February's fees they don't want to admit this company is dead. For a few more days at least.

Brian Underwood is still hiding under a rock and not informing his field force what is going on in his company, no public communication since December 9th.

App Share isn't paying and the only reason more Rippln members haven't canceled their monthly fees is the misguided hope that one day it will. Classic good money after bad scenario.

Rippln hasn't charged for February yet, there are still a few days for Brian to grow a backbone, or a conscience. If they don't steal that last measure of their affiliate's funds I will thank them for it here. But that would require Brian Underwood to grow a conscience.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

13. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By going out this way, Ripp off lyn is further stigmatizing the name of the company suing them.
    Setting themselves up for more damages.

Post Thanks / Like

R Melvin McKenzie is back and he understands things you dont!

R Melvin McKenzie I've benefited greatly. If people only understood THE POWER of THE LIST. If nothing else, I've added more than 20,000 to my list and have already signed many of them up to other affiliate programs. I fact, I put out the message last night that tonight, Jan 31 at midnight will be the last chance one can join a particular program and be GUARANTEED a check next month. When I check an hour ago, 122 people had signed up. That's the power of the list. Anyway, there's still a few hours left so if anybody's interested in checking out what I'm talking about, take a look here - Roll the dice (click mouse) For REAL Money!
    Roll the dice (click mouse) For REAL Money!
    Explosive Lead Generation System - LeadsLeap
    Like · Reply ·

(no mention that all the insider crap he claimed about Ripp off lynns activities and future were straight lies)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...tal_comments=9

Post Thanks / Like

Lack of Update Update:

I caught my first Mike Rutherford call of the week today. He missed the call on Monday and I missed the one he did on Wednesday. I don't think we missed anything.

There isn't anything in the way of company news, no communication between the leadership and the field (big surprise here), Mike can't talk about what the company is doing or where it's heading, the rank and file are canceling subscriptions fast enough already to risk being forthcoming. And the only thing Rippln has to pay people for and the only money thay have to pay with are those monthly subscription fees. THAT is why they are still billing affiliates to be part of this dying beast.

Yes, Rippln's premise was flawed and they never bothered, until it was far too late to ask themselves if they could ever deliver on what they were promising but the fatal flaw from the start is that they were always just an income redistribution scheme. More than half of any paying affiliate's monthly fee was paid out through their upline and there are very good reasons why that isn't legal. For mathematical analysis divide Rippln's product offering into two categories, affiliate fees and retail products.

First take the retail products, put them in a paper bag, burn the bag and scatter the ashes. It wont change the math very much if at all.

Now look at the monthly affiliate fees. Even in the post Kevin Thompson pay plan* MOST of any monthly membership fee was commissionable. You could quite possibly make money here without ever selling any retail product to any end user, which is damned helpful given that "App Share" isn't paying so Rippln is pretty much doesn't have products. So where we are at and to a lesser extent, always were at is a company where for every paying member "earning" money you need 15+ paying members losing money. Can you see why I'm glad very few people are making money here?

Not Much of a Legal Update:

Rippln's response to the request for a preliminary injunction was due in the court yesterday. So far it hasn't been posted on Pacer. When it is we'll make it available. The hearing for the injunction however has been moved back to March 13th. Hey, Brian get's to ding folks for (yet another wasted) month. Ripple Labs has added a number of additional attorneys to their cause, Rippln has been (surprise surprise) silent on the docket.

*(It's important to note that Mr. Thompson never endorses any of his client's companies.)

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

17. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a deal's being cut:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
    RIPPLE LABS, INC.,
    F/K/A OPENCOIN, INC.,
    A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION,
    Plaintiff,
    vs.
    LACORE ENTERPRISES, LLC,
    A TEXAS LIMITED LIABILITY
    COMPANY;
    RIPPLN, INC., A TEXAS
    CORPORATION; AND
    TERRY LACORE, AN INDIVIDUAL,
    Defendants.
    Case No. 13-cv-5974

STIPULATION REGARDING DEADLINE
    FOR DEFENDANTS TO RESPOND TO
    COMPLAINT AND BRIEFING AND
    HEARING SCHEDULE FOR
    PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR
    PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION

Pursuant to Local Rule 6-2, Plaintiff Ripple Labs, Inc. and Defendants LaCore Enterprises,
    LLC, Rippln, Inc., and Terry LaCore (collectively, the “Parties”), hereby respectfully request by
    Stipulation that the Court extend the time for Defendants to respond to Plaintiff’s Complaint (D.E. 1)
    and extend the briefing schedule and hearing on Plaintiff’s motion for preliminary injunction (D.E.
    4).

Plaintiff filed its Complaint and Motion for Preliminary Injunction, and supporting papers, on
    December 27, 2013. Defendants previously filed an Unopposed Motion to Extend the Deadline for
    Defendants to Respond to Complaint and Briefing and Hearing Schedule for Plaintiff’s Motion for
    Preliminary Injunction (D.E. 14). The Court granted that motion (D.E. 16), and the current schedule
    calls for Defendants to respond to the Complaint and file their opposition to Plaintiff’s preliminary
    injunction motion on February 6, for Plaintiff to file its reply in support of the preliminary injunction
    motion on February 13, and sets the hearing on Plaintiff’s preliminary injunction motion for
    February 20.

The Parties have entered into discussions that may resolve or limit the issues that need to be
    presented to the Court in this matter, and request a brief extension of these deadlines to continue
    those discussions. Specifically, the Parties request a one-week extension of the deadline for
    Defendant to respond to the Complaint and the briefing schedule on the preliminary injunction
    motion, and a two-week extension of the hearing date on that motion:

February 13 Defendants to respond to Complaint (D.E. 1)

February 13 Defendants to file opposition to preliminary injunction motion (D.E. 4)

February 20 Plaintiff to file reply in support of preliminary injunction motion (D.E. 4)

March 6 Hearing on Motion for Preliminary Injunction (D.E. 4)

The Parties agree that Plaintiff does not and will not waive any rights or make any
    concessions regarding the seriousness or immediacy of its preliminary injunction motion and that
    Defendants will make no arguments to the contrary based on Plaintiff’s stipulation to the extension
    of these deadlines.

For the reasons set forth herein, the Parties respectfully request that the Court extend the
    deadlines on extend the time for Defendants to respond to Plaintiff’s Complaint and extend the
    briefing schedule and hearing on Plaintiff’s motion for preliminary injunction as set forth herein.

Respectfully submitted,

By: Jennifer Seraphine _______________ By: Karl S. Kronenberger
    Jennifer Seraphine (Cal Bar. No. 245463) Karl S. Kronenberger (Cal. Bar No. 226112)
    Attorney for Plaintiff Attorney for Defendants

PURSUANT TO STIPULATION, IT IS SO ORDERED.
    I'll link the document below.

Hmm, a casual, layman's reading seems to reflect Terry LaCore in a position perhaps somewhat open and receptive to compromise. Think (but don't picture) Larry Craig's "wide stance."

Rippln has abused any good faith it ever had with anyone who believed in it. To the extent there was ever a business model here, it's failed, miserably. Anyone responsible for this sad, pathetic joke of a company has backed as far and as fast away from it as they could. Hell, even CEO and Vision Caster in Chief Brain Underwood has been hiding out of sight from all his affiliates for more than two months now ('cause that's just the kind of leader he is).

What do you think Terry LaCore is negotiating about?

My guess, and it's only a guess is that it's how to give into to each and every one of Ripple Lab's demands in just such a way as to minimize the amount of money he has to pay them in addition to all the other money he pissed down Underwood's festering sore of a company. If he's approaching these negotiations from any other mind frame, he's delusional.

So I guess I'm admitting I have no idea what's going to happen.

Oh, and a late edit to add. This document was posted to the court docket before Rippln had an opportunity to charge their affiliates for the month of February. But Brian went ahead and charged them anyway 'cause that's just the kind of leader he is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GlimDropper; 02-09-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

19. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It might well be that the negotiations are just a delay tactic to insure another billing cycle. Rutherford is still cynically signing people up for a dead company, which is about as scummy as it gets. Of course, anyone who signs up is le idiot. Even the Zarlinos with their SEO voodoo haven't been able to hide Rippln's demise from Google search results.

Post Thanks / Like

And here you go, scam processors based on OpenCoin/Ripple Labs/XNF already popping up:

NoFiatCoin - XNF - NoFiatCoin

Post Thanks / Like

A deal has been reached. It is likely shutting Rippln down is part of the agreement.

The question which comes to mind is, "Why hasn't an announcement been made?"

Case3:13-cv-05974-RS Document30 Filed02/13/14 Page1 of 2

KRONENBERGER ROSENFELD, LLP

Karl S. Kronenberger (Bar No. 226112)

Virginia Sanderson (Bar No. 240241)

150 Post Street, Suite 520

San Francisco, CA 94108

Telephone: (415) 955-1155

Facsimile: (415) 955-1158

karl@KRInternetLaw.com

ginny@KRInternetLaw.com

Attorneys for Defendants

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA

RIPPLE LABS, INC., f/k/a OpenCoin,

Inc., a California corporation,

Plaintiff,

v.

LACORE ENTERPRISES, LLC, a Texas

limited liability company; RIPPLN, INC., a

Texas corporation; and TERRY LACORE,

an individual,

Defendants.

Case No. 3:13-cv-05974-RS

JOINT NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT

AND STIPULATED REQUEST TO

CONTINUE DEADLINES;

[PROPOSED] ORDER

Plaintiff Ripple Labs, Inc., f/k/a OpenCoin, Inc. (“Plaintiff”), and Defendants Lacore

Enterprises, LLC, Rippln, Inc., and Terry LaCore (collectively, “Defendants” and together

with Plaintiff, the “Parties”) hereby state and request as follows:

WHEREAS, the Parties have reached a settlement of this case in principle;

WHEREAS, the Parties are in the process of finalizing a settlement agreement;

Case3:13-cv-05974-RS Document30 Filed02/13/14 Page2 of 2

WHEREAS, the Parties anticipate filing a Notice of Dismissal within thirty (30)

days of this Joint Notice;

WHEREAS, certain deadlines are currently pending in this case, such as

Defendants’ deadline to respond to the complaint and motion for preliminary injunction on

February 13, 2013, Plaintiff’s deadline to file a reply in support of its motion for

preliminary injunction on February 20, and hearing on the motion for preliminary

injunction set for March 13, 2013;

WHEREAS, the Parties believe it would be more efficient for the Parties and the

Court to stay the case, and vacate these pending deadline and hearing, while the Parties

work to finalize the settlement;

WHEREAS, the Parties hereby stipulate and request that the Court stay the case

for a period of forty-five (45) days;

WHEREAS, the Parties hereby further stipulate that Plaintiff does not and will not

waive any rights or make any concessions regarding the seriousness or immediacy of its

preliminary injunction motion and that Defendants will make no arguments to the contrary

based on Plaintiff’s stipulation to the requested stay.

IT IS SO STIPULATED.

TURNER BOYD, LLP

KRONENBERGER ROSENFELD, LLP

By: s/ Samuel A. Lewis

Samuel A. Lewis

Attorneys for Plaintiff

By: s/ Virginia Sanderson

Virginia Sanderson

Attorneys for Defendants

[PROPOSED] ORDER

PURSANT TO STIPULATION, IT IS SO ORDERED.

Date:

The Honorable Richard Seeborg

United States District Judge

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4m...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by felgercarb; 02-16-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added PDF

Post Thanks / Like

They realized if they show in court what the hell they both doing, it will be only trouble for each.

24. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian Underwood & his Rippln scam missed a trick there!

what.jpg

If Simon Stepsys or Mark Ghobril are involved it's 100% a SCAM!

26. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The guys from WhatsApp may be $19billion richer, but they're still not BadAss
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just When I Thought I Was Out,....They Pull Me Back In !!!

Hello Ripplrs.

Here at HQ, we wanted to get all of
    the Players & Fans in the Rippln
    Community a message on the State
    of Play within Rippln.

We know there have been quite a
    few rumors circulating out in the
    marketplace. First and foremost,
    these rumors are just that - rumors.
    Rippln is still in business. We
    continue to pour a lot of investment
    money into the company, and our
    employees are still coming to work
    everyday. Rippn continues to put a lot
    of resources into development, support
    & streamlining this unique business
    model. We have NOT shut our doors
    at all. This doesn't mean we haven't had
    challenges & set backs, it means that we
    keep moving forward in the pursuit of
    growing, learnging & evolving a business
    model that has never been seen and
    something that has never been done
    before.

So you might ask...why no communication??

Over the last 6 months, we have been
    in a lawsuit with Ripple Labs, as many of
    you know. The lawsuit was for a trademark
    and the use of the name Rippln & Ripple.
    We have been in Stealth Mode since
    December when papers were served and
    the process of working with Ripple Labs to
    settle this began. Our attorneys advised us
    to limit all communication until we could
    settle the suit with Ripple Labs, Inc. We
    have finally come to an agreement with
    Ripple Labs and will be updating the
    Rippln Community with the details in the
    upcoming weeks.

The Vision & Mission of Rippln has always
    been to do what hasn't been done. We
    made a definitive statement in the
    marketplace as we grew a community
    around the world that created a movement
    based on showing the Ripple Effect that
    one person could create by simply sharing
    an idea, a concept, an App. This Vision &
    Mission is still alive
    . Rippln is currently
    streamlining the business model to create
    a more simple, efficient and powerful way
    to execute the original Vision.

Here is the current State of Play:

Rippln is currently working on a
    Re-Branding Strategy. We have been in
    many discussions over the last 4 months
    with potential investors, partners and
    companies that wanted to acquire Rippln
    for what we have developed. Through
    this business development phase of the
    company, we have made a decision that
    we are going in a direction of a Re-Branding
    strategy & Business model revision. This
    will be in alignment with what created the
    1 million-person community in the first
    100 days. We will be updating all 1.5 million
    Players & Fans in the next several weeks
    on the forward direction for the Vision &
    Mission that we all got behind so passionately.

Rippln stopped charging credit cards
    a month ago, so all Rippln Players
    status will currently show as Fan status.
    This status will remain until we make an
    exciting announcement & at that time, all
    Players’ statuses will be reinstated.

There will be some powerful releases over
    the next 60 days with the Communication
    App. So stay tuned to upcoming
    announcements and further communication.

Thank you again for all your support & vision.
    As a company, we know that we have been
    through some tough times over the last year.
    We honor those who Keep Moving Forward.

Remember:
    The greater the struggle the greater the Victory!

Rippln HQ

To unsubscribe please click here
    Rippln HQ
    901 Sam Rayburn Hwy, Melissa, TX, 75454

If ANYONE is still pouring investment dollars into this company they're idiots. Want an overpriced smart watch? They still have a few in stock and that's about the only thing they have to sell you. (Just reread that email again and yep, no mention of why) App Share isn't paying. I've heard a rumor or two about why, nothing I can go to press with but I think it is safe to say that if there was any immediate hope of those paychecks going out that happy news would have been included above.

Now lets get to that happy horse crap about them staying silent because of the lawsuit. First off the lawsuit was filed at the end of December, so less than two months ago and not the six months the announcement claims. Brian Underwood's last public appearance was about three weeks prior to the suit being filed. By about the middle of next month we should have a clearer idea of what the settlement involves but we can see a little of it already, re-branding.

Bring the timeline into focus, Rippln knew about the trademark dispute last May but went ahead with their marketing plans anyway. Back when they were claiming to pay $20 for every five free "fan" accounts you signed up they grew to an alleged 1.4 million members in June. Late July they started billing members and by mid August they said they were thrilled with the almost 5,000 people who paid to join. September saw the launch of their photo guessing app and they tried to pretend they were happy with the near 10,000 downloads they were able to drive for an app so disappointing it's no longer talked about by the company which seems to wish we would stop reminding them about. Snap pivot to the sale of about 500 of Co-Founder Jim Bunch's "Ultimate Game" coaching products and you have Rippln's commercial high water mark. October saw a very manipulative and deceptive build up to the launch of "App Share" and that launch marked the beginning of the end of corporate communications. There was a full month's "validation" period for all downloads (pay cycle included November's downloads were to be paid in January) but the app industry generates it's user performance/behavior statistics in real time. The fact App Share didn't pay in January could not have been a surprise to anyone inside the company, in fact they may well could have known it by mid November, when they coincidentally started to stop talking to the field.

The lawsuit isn't the reason Brian Underwood went silent neither was it the reason that Jim Bunch and Jonathan Budd left the company. Underwood is using the suit as a convenient excuse hoping we'd forget their manifest incompetence and lack of fundamental business skill killed Rippln months before the suit was filed.

Brian claims he stopped billing credit cards "a month ago," I wish I believed him. I've seen complaints about January charges and further grumblings since. Has he reversed previous charges? I'll keep an eye out for anyone confirming this and I'll think he's a slightly less absessed pustule on the face of his industry if he does. But if anyone thinks he can build anything on the re-branded corps of this company just remember, he's a very large part of why it failed even before the lawsuit.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

30. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rippln Facebook page is gone, and rippln.com is now redirecting to getvapt.com.

So apparently Vapt is the new Rippln branding. How nice that it invokes vapor, as in the stock and trade of Rippln.

From the site:
    "We will be releasing the ReBranding of the Rippln Chat App...Vapt! The NEW Updated Incentivized Sharing business model The ORIGINAL VISION & MISSION for you to take back your Value...your Social Graph! Be apart of the movement.

Stay tuned for more updates over the next couple months!

April 2014 - GETVapt.com! It is coming!"

Nice to see they still have terrible copywriting.

32. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

34. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So know we know what Rippln HQ meant when they said in their last announcement:

We have finally come to an agreement with Ripple Labs and will be updating the Rippln Community with the details in the upcoming weeks.
    Translation: "we had to agree to drop the Rippln name and rebrand ourselves as VAPT to stop Ripple Labs suing us"

36. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vapt? Sounds like the past tense of Vap, which rhymes with Fap which would be more accurate considering the group of jack offs behind this.

It doesn't look like Rutherford has been holding calls this week. He either isn't in the loop, doesn't wish to admit being in the loop or maybe there really isn't that much of a loop right now:

• Michael Rutherford If anyone has any questions, def email support@rippln.com and we'll get everyone sorted out. I'm not sure of the answers to those questions just yet.
      February 22 at 12:06pm · Like
    Guess that would be Support@getvapt.com now.

Open up your heart...

Welcome to RealScam.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Troy Doo Dee was going on and on about Rippoff-lynn.
    What a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

For a bit of fun, type "VAPT" into Google and see if you can find the renamed Rippln among the 10 pages of results you'll get.

Seems Rippln didn't learn a bloody thing from their experience with Ripple Labs.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the same thing I type in 'vapid'. lol