Thread: Seacret Spa - Peddling Black Mud From the Banks of the Dead Sea

Doc Bunkum is offline Senior Scambuster

Seacret Spa - Peddling Black Mud From the Banks of the Dead Sea

For sure, there are a lot of wacky companies in the MLM world. And on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say Seacret Spa must rank at least a 9.5 on the nutty scale.

The history of the company goes something like this.

Moty Ben Shabat moved to the United States from Isreal after completing his mandatory time in the Isreali military. He purchased an ice cream truck and opened his own business in Dallas, Texas. The ice cream business began to grow and Moty convinced his brother, Izahk, to come "visit" him in the United States. Izahk Ben Shabat came to help his brother for only two weeks but ended up staying to help grow the family business.

The Ben Shabat family business grew and changed to selling products from kiosks in malls around the country. First, it’s toys, then nail care kits, adding other beauty products, in the malls at small stands called kiosks. They began inviting friends from Isreal to come to the United States to help work in the malls and earn extra income for their families back in Isreal.

They had known of the healing powers of the dead sea dating back thousands of years. While living in Isreal they took frequent trips to the dead sea to help with any physical, mental or emotional problems. They like to say that no matter what is happening you will feel better after experiencing the dead sea.

They realized the great potential for sales working at mall kiosks and decided to sell skin and nail care products from the dead sea. After formulating and creating dead sea products they began selling them in malls across the country. They earned their first Million dollars after only 4 months in the business.

By 2005 they had over 14,000 kiosks being manned by Isreali employees who worked up to 13 hours a day.
    Now here's where it gets funny!

Google Seacret Spa and just take a look at the piles of complaints about the company and their sales tactics.

This one is particularly funny....

Seacret Spa sexually accosts my mother

On a slightly more personal note, today, an employee of Seacret Spa decided that, presumably because we passed his booth twice over and did not listen to him the first time, he gained carte blanche to sexually accost my mother, making a crude remark about her breasts.

I’ve attached the note below, but here’s the short story: While both I and my mother were walking through Valley Hills Mall in Hickory, NC, we passed by a “Seacret Spa” booth- it’s a company that sells skin creams and other sorts of things. When we passed by a third time, one of the employees, a man with long hair wearing a Seacret Spa smock, decided to walk up to my mother, stare directly at her breasts, and say, and I quote: “Oh my god, are those real?”...
    So anyways the author didn't take too kindly to that and fired off a letter to head office, which begins...

Seacret Spa,

My name is Kirk Sigmon and I’m contacting you in regards to your Valley Hills Mall booth in Hickory, North Carolina. I found that one of your employees was incredibly rude to my mother, to which I have taken great offense, and, at minimum, I would like a formal apology for the actions of your crude staff....
    In 2010 a Betty Perez approached Seacret Spa and asked them to consider Network Marketing for Seacret. They agreed and the new direct sales branch of Seacret Spa - "Seacret Direct" was formed. Hayden Daughters, Betty Perez and Robert Meirovich officially launched Seacret Direct on June 1st, 2011.

Some people might remember that guy with the odd name - Hayden Daughters - from ACN.

And that basically seems to be how Seacret Direct came about.

They sure have an interesting history if you search around a bit!

littleroundman is offline Administrator

Re: Seacret Spa - Peddling Black Mud From the Banks of the Dead Sea

Hmmn,

is peddling mud to Americans more difficult than selling ice to Eskimos ??
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ProfHenryHiggins is offline Senior Scambuster

This won't end well.

Back sometime in the early years of the 20th century, or perhaps the end of the 19th, someone came up with the idea of using Dead Sea water as a commercial antiseptic.

The problem? Guess what the one major germ was that it not only didn't kill, but would thrive and grow rapidly in the supposedly pan-antibacterial water was?
    Tuberculosis.

Needless to say, shortly after he found this out, he dropped the whole idea like the proverbial hot potato.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

People are just so vain.

I've never been able to understand the youthful skin market companies like NuSkin and Seacret Spa cater to.

All it means in the end is that you're going to look nice on display in your coffin, and that you save the embalmer some work.

NuSkin's Sandie Tillotson is a perfect example.

She looks not too bad for her age from the neck up - nice skin and all.

But her 3rd husband, Adam Baker, goes to great length in his book talking about her fat saggy ass and prune tits.

So really, what has she accomplished?

scratchycat is offline Elite Scambuster
    Blog Entries

People do spend a lot of money to try and keep a 'young' face and I wonder if it is worth it. Elizabeth Taylor had so much plastic surgery IMO she looked grotesque. She had a major influence on Michael Jackson because he wanted to look like her. She was beautiful and could have remained so with just minor help. Do those expensive cosmetics really work? Or is the face lifts, cosmetic surgery that helps more.

Whether fortunate or not, I have never been able to use but certain kinds of facial cosmetics because I am allergic to many of them. My choice has mainly been using as much natural ingredients as possible for facial creams. I have to be careful about makeup also and find the more expensive ones cause some problems. Oil of Olay is one that I can use if I stick with the sensitive skin line.

Sandie Tillotson sounds like a wealthy slut to me and yes if those are recent pictures, she still looks good (with clothes on) but for how much longer??

Once I ordered some of those natural minerals powders that was supposed to replace the cream-based makeup and just make your own skin glow - thank goodness it was a trial!! My skin glowed all right, it looked and felt like it was on fire!! I returned the once-used containers, kept the brushes and was able to cancel an order. So much for 'natural'!!

So let me end by saying NO to NuSkin and Seacret Spa!! Thanks Doc!
    Don't get ripped off!! Stay informed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchycat
    So much for 'natural'!!
    HeHe,

was it "natural" like snake venom, "natural" like strychnine or "natural" like a toadstool ??

So why does Seacret Spa hire mainly Israeli workers?

This might be the reason...

Most of these kiosk workers are young Israelis fresh out of the military, so they have no problem being aggressive as salespeople (it's a cultural thing, plus add in their recent military training). I read an article saying that some of these companies tried hiring Americans to sell the products, but the American salespeople were "too nice" and didn't sell enough because they took no for an answer and didn't push/manipulate people into buying it (something the Israelis have no problem doing).

Which in turns leads to stories in the papers such as these...

Cops bust illegal workers in Ottawa-Gatineau

The Canada Border Services Agency raided eight shopping centres in Ottawa and Gatineau Monday, arresting 30 suspected illegal workers — 15 in each city — at kiosks selling beauty products.

A booth called Seacret is set up on the main floor at Bayshore, and witnesses tell the Sun they saw one man in his early 20s taken away in cuffs by four cops and four CBSA officers shortly after 2 p.m...

Suspected illegal workers arrested in Halifax

Border services agents and Halifax police raided a Clayton Park home and kiosks at three shopping malls Wednesday in a search for illegal Israeli workers...

According to a five-page report by the U.S. ambassador to Israel, released by WikiLeaks in August, Halifax may be a single stop in a growing international scam that has sent young Israelis to Australia, New Zealand, Europe and the United States on the promise of $1,500 to $3,000 per week selling goods like skin care products in mall kiosks.
    Illegal Israelis Lured to Mall Kiosks

"Keren," an Israeli in her mid-20s, worked last year at what has become a seasonal high-paying job for thousands of young Israelis: selling body lotions, face creams and other such products at shopping mall kiosks throughout the United States in the months leading up to Christmas. According to Keren, who spoke with The Journal on the condition that her real name not be used, most of these Israelis are here on a tourist visa which, according to the law, does not permit them to work in the United States...
    However you cut it, not good publicity!

Hmmn,

hang on while I scoot down to the local mall to buy a coupla tins of mud from some illegal Israeli aggressive salespeople.

Just make sure you don't piss off some Mossad agent.

And that the guy isn't some Krav Maga expert.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    HeHe,

was it "natural" like snake venom, "natural" like strychnine or "natural" like a toadstool ??
    I have no idea what "natural" minerals they put in that stuff but my skin did not like it!!!

Blog Entries

Illegal Israelis Lured to Mall Kiosks

"Keren," an Israeli in her mid-20s, worked last year at what has become a seasonal high-paying job for thousands of young Israelis: selling body lotions, face creams and other such products at shopping mall kiosks throughout the United States in the months leading up to Christmas. According to Keren, who spoke with The Journal on the condition that her real name not be used, most of these Israelis are here on a tourist visa which, according to the law, does not permit them to work in the United States...
    Oh yeah, sure, I will be buying these products!! You can always trust the illegals, right...

Thread Information