LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well known MLMer sues MLM company for $5 million

Post Thanks / Like

Well known MLMer sues MLM company for $5 million

Well known in the MLM world as a staunch advocate of the oft criticized MLM telecom and energy company, ACN, Matt Rasmussen has announced:

I am suing an MLM company for $5 million dollars

http://www.mlm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35092
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well known MLMer sues MLM company for $5 million

Would this be the more than staunch acn spammer supporter that resided on scam?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    Would this be the more than staunch acn spammer supporter that resided on scam?
    The very same.

Although his absence of late has been noted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    The very same.

Although his absence of late has been noted.
    Gee....what happened? Everyone else was wrong. This was going to take over the world and skype was irrelevant. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee....what happened? Everyone else was wrong. This was going to take over the world and skype was irrelevant. lol.
    Of course, the fact it never happened after months and months of the usual suspect ACN reps crowing it would, has nothing to do with the fact said ACN reps are now totally conspicuous by their absence.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, that case is down the commode. Lenny Clements? Seriously??? One would think he would hire real experts like Dr. Jon Taylor, Robert Fitzpatrick and Tracy Coenen. I am surprised that place hasn't pulled his thread.

Soapboxmom
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I certainly hope no one on the defense team asks Lenny how his research into the efficacy of the Amega Wand is going.

Post Thanks / Like

What ever happened with this pipe dream? Can't find anything about it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

What ever happened with this pipe dream? Can't find anything about it anywhere.
    Guess Lenny tried to Wand the case and it disappeared. Haven't seen anything since, so it's the only explanation I can come up with.

11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Hehe. Curiosity killed the cat. Waiting avidly for a response to your enquiry

Post Thanks / Like

There won't be one as there never was any suit. He just loves acting the big man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Titan Global, LLC et al v. Organo Gold Int'l, Inc et al

More Sharing ServicesShare |
    Plaintiffs: Titan Global, LLC , Mathew Rasmussen and Lisa Rasmussen
    Defendants: Organo Gold Int'l, Inc , Holton Buggs, Jr., Romacio Fulcher , Jane Doe Buggs, Rramon Fulcher, Sr , Tyra Fulcher , Kyle A Solon , Does, John 1-25, Does, Jane 1-25, Does, John 26-50, Does, Jane 26-50 and XYZ Corporation and LLC , 1-25
    Case Number: 5:2012cv02104
    Filed: April 26, 2012
    Court: California Northern District Court
    Office: San Jose Office
    County: Santa Cruz
    Presiding Judge: Lucy H. Koh
    Referring Judge: Howard R. Lloyd
    Nature of Suit: Other Statutes - Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations
    Cause: 18:1961
    Jurisdiction: Federal Question
    Jury Demanded By: Both

Follow case documents by RSS
    Available Case Documents

The following documents for this case are available for you to view or download.
    Date Filed # Document Text
    December 13, 2012 51 ORDER SETTING DEADLINE TO FILE AMENDED COMPLAINT. Signed by Judge Lucy H. Koh on 12/13/2012. (lhklc4, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 12/13/2012)
    December 2, 2012 50 ORDER by Judge Lucy H. Koh granting in part and denying in part 29 Motion to Dismiss (lhklc4, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 12/2/2012)
    September 18, 2012 45 ORDER VACATING MOTION HEARING. Signed by Judge Lucy H. Koh on 9/18/2012. (lhklc4, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 9/18/2012)
    July 2, 2012 34 Order by Hon. Lucy H. Koh granting 33 Stipulation.(lhklc1, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 7/2/2012)
    Last Document Downloaded: December 14, 2012 02:53:55 PST

The numbers for the docs are live links to the actual court docs!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Calendar for: Judge Lucy H. Koh
    Courtroom 8 4th Floor, San Jose

Wednesday, Jan 9 2013

5:12-cv-02104-LHK - Titan Global, LLC et al v. Organo Gold Int'l, Inc et al
    Case Mgmt Conference Further
    Looks like Rasmussen is going for the gold so to speak!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah. I stand corrected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nothing like one MLMer calling another MLM or MLMer a noogie head! We know how hilarious it is to watch MLMers and other scammers file lawsuits and commit business suicide in public. This should be a gas! And, I am with you, Whip, and can't believe he actually filed!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post
    Nothing like one MLMer calling another MLM or MLMer a noogie head! We know how hilarious it is to watch MLMers and other scammers file lawsuits and commit business suicide in public. This should be a gas! And, I am with you, Whip, and can't believe he actually filed!

Reading the court docs, it looks more like he's just upset over people at Organo gold trying to recruit his downline....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
    Reading the court docs, it looks more like he's just upset over people at Organo gold trying to recruit his downline....
    "upset over people at Organo gold trying to recruit his downline"? You have to be kidding. A professional like Rasmussen!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Ol' Radical Me View Post
    "upset over people at Organo gold trying to recruit his downline"? You have to be kidding. A professional like Rasmussen!
    We'll obviously have to wait and see what happens when and if the case gets past the preliminaries stage, but, one can't help feeling from the outside, the case has the potential to open up a can of worms for the whole M.L.M. industry, and not necessarily in a good way.

Not being au fait with the inner workings of the M.L.M. industry or any contractual obligations, the first thing that springs to mind is we have a COFFEE company being sued by an ENERGY company.

The second consideration seems to be whether or not any company can engage in restraint of trade against its' "IBOs" when such trade is in an unrelated market and whether or not "IBOs" can be recruited at all, or whether they're stuck where they are.

Should be interesting.

22. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll obviously have to wait and see what happens when and if the case gets past the preliminaries stage, but, one can't help feeling from the outside, the case has the potential to open up a can of worms for the whole M.L.M. industry, and not necessarily in a good way.

Not being au fait with the inner workings of the M.L.M. industry or any contractual obligations, the first thing that springs to mind is we have a COFFEE company being sued by an ENERGY company.

The second consideration seems to be whether or not any company can engage in restraint of trade against its' "IBOs" when such trade is in an unrelated market and whether or not "IBOs" can be recruited at all, or whether they're stuck where they are.

Should be interesting.
    I'll go with Fascinating! Unethical v Even more Unethical.

24. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the mlmers like to say it's about the 'product' and not recruiting, this suit should have no merit.

26. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Ol' Radical Me View Post
    I'll go with Fascinating! Unethical v Even more Unethical.
    For some reason when I read your post, I got this image of a rattlesnake pit, with all of the rattlesnakes trying to bite each other.

28. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the mlmers like to say it's about the 'product' and not recruiting, this suit should have no merit.

That's what they like to say.....but as we see with the current Herbalife / Ackman fiasco, its not about the products....hardly ever....

The court docs - plaintiffs charges - seem to imply that Organo Gold was cross recruiting. Caused some contention, and probably loss of revenues, for Matt R...

Makes me wonder how many people have dropped their current MLM in favor of ACN with Matt through the course of his career with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it. Highly. IBO's are their own person/entity....a company doesn't own them, and unless their policy states specifically that an IBO is forbidden to participate in any other MLM simultaneously (even a non competing one) I don't see how a company or a regulation, a policy, a law, could forbid it...