Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Don Allen Holbrook IEDC Rogue Former Member / Jeff Finkle Orchestrates Cover-up

Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Look at the nonsense Holbrook is promoting on his Twitter page:
    Tweets

18h Don Holbrook ‏@9thTemplar
    WANTED: Average Internet Users for $100-250 Hourly Job http://bit.ly/KObOzA

Expand

23 May Don Holbrook ‏@9thTemplar
    WANTED: Average Internet Users for $100-250 Hourly Job http://bit.ly/JV8rFT

Expand

22 May Don Holbrook ‏@9thTemplar
    http://lnkd.in/Z_qtDN I think brand awareness is very difficult to measure. Just how much is a brand actually worth? YOUR Name for...

Expand

WANTED: Average Internet Users for $100-250 Hourly Job http://bit.ly/JRGYVO

Expand

WANTED: Average Internet Users for $100-250 Hourly Job http://bit.ly/LzaXEi

• First Name:
    • Email:

Question & Awnsers

How does it work and how do I get paid?
    If you meet the requirements we are looking for then your account will be aproved. When you then decide to take the job offer we will send you 1 hours of work for 5 days per week. For each hour you get paid $250 and we will pay you every week. You can choose the following payment methods: Bank wire, Paypal or Check.
    What happens after I enter my name and email?
    Our account managers will review your account and will decide whether you get approved. You will however receive a email from us the same day you signup for our program.
    What if I no longer want to work for you?
    You can stop working for us at anytime, we only require you to let us know 1 day in advance so we can stop sending you work for the following day.
    You're invited to participate.
    Hello ,

There's an exclusive new opportunity that has just popped up online.

This special opportunity is available by invite only.

A few people in Sachse were picked and we decided we would invite you as one of them.

In this opportunity you can earn an income from home using nothing but your computer.

There's no marketing to do, no experience necessary.

All you've got to do is give your opinion by checking a couple of boxes and completing a couple of forms and you will be compensated for your time.

With this job offer you can earn up to $150 per hour working from the comfort of your home.

Time is of the essence! See you there.

Sincerely,
    Jacob Myers, CEO
    Online Work Agency Inc

P.S. - This may just be the break you've been looking for.

P.P.S. - Read some of the testimonials from the people we placed under work from home companies - click here.

Pim Ioan Claudiu, sighisoara, arad, arad 2900, Romania

Home | Privacy Policy | Earnings Disclaimer | Terms of Service

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

HaHaHa,

One of the highlights of the week is watching the bogus ad counting down the "spots left" and, it always stops at 14.

Like there's some sort of urgency to get in before all the good spots are gone......AS IF......

Oh, and by the way, Mr Online Work Agency, your "earnings disclaimer" doesn't "disclaim" anything.

In fact, it doesn't work at all.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

• The Vercitas Group
      Partner · Jan 2006 to present · Las Vegas, Nevada
      Site Location and Strategic Economic Development consulting services
      • Australia Christmas Island Destination Tourism Projectwith Simon Millcock
        2011 to present
        Creating a real sense of exotic locale to bring tourists primarily from the Northern Gateway of Malaysia, Asia and Korea to the island with high per capita expenditurres
      • Pahrump Destination Tourism Attractionwith Al Balloqui
        Jun 2010 to present
        Working on creating a unique tourism project that will allow Pahrump to capitalize on the tourism driven economy created by Las Vegas.
      • EarthQuest Institute and EarthQuest Adventure Theme Parkwith Matthew Gardner
        Oct 2004 to present
        Working on building the worlds first green and sustainable influenced Theme Park designed from the ground up with clean technologies as a foundation.

• Public speaking
      keynote speaking at major functions · Jan 2006 to present
      I am a professional public speaker for keynote addresses at major paid functions. I focus on the economy and how things can be turned around, fearless leadership during chaotic times, and rebooting local economies during the transitional turbulent global economic times.
    • Tudor Wines
      Zeppelin Wines
      Dan Tudor friend of Stillman Brown and the Holbrook's is one of the other extraordinaire wine makers of California! His Pinot Noir's are some of Don's favorite. You can see his wine everywhere under the label RadDog!
      • Zeppelin Winery & Vineyardswith Stillman Brown
        2009 to present
        The genius creation of Stillman Brown in a quiet and strategic business relationship with the Holbrook's to create the most premier wines in the world with the best wine maker in the world. Stillman supplies the the winemaking genius touch, Don's give financial and corporate structure guidance and Laurie just promotes the wine everywhere to get Stillman out in the public. The winery has contracts with grape growers and Stillman attends to some long-term plantings that have turned out the Super Award Winner- The Black Zeppelin label. All in all a great wine only available to our customer list. Stillman tries to keep the production down to about 3,000 to 4,000 case per year. He also rents a wine cave for the aging and storage of some of our best wines.

Grad School

College

High School

Simon Millcock

Simon Millcock (Indian Ocean Territories) is the Economic Development Officer for Australia's Indian Ocean Territories (Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands) he is employed by the Commonwealth Attorney-General's Department. He has a long history in youth, community and economic development in regional South Australia. Simon is also a 2005 graduate of the South Australian Governors Leadership Foundation. __________________________________________________ ____________
    All BS. Matthew Gardner has not been involved in the Earthquest debacle for over a year. Pahrump sent him packing and Al Balloqui exited stage left on that one a long time ago. I can't find any mention of any destination tourism project he is working on in Christmas island anywhere. Jeff Finkle will probably think all this deserves an IEDC award.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I am tempted to contact Stillman Brown and get his side of Holbrook's claim about his wines. I would not be surprised if Mr. Brown has barely even heard of him.
    If you are in Prosper With Integrity, and do not like that your personal information has been published here, please talk to these good people: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov http://www.ic3.gov http://www.fbi.gov

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    I am tempted to contact Stillman Brown and get his side of Holbrook's claim about his wines. I would not be surprised if Mr. Brown has barely even heard of him.
    Go for it,but cruise though his web sites first. He is obviously his best customer, a self-proclaimed "party animal"...!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Search
    About 6,910,000 results (0.20 seconds)

Search Results

1. Economic Developer: Home

Economic Developer: Home
      Nov 5, 2007 – Don A. Holbrook is a pioneer when it comes to transformational economic development strategies for world-class communities and is a ...

You've visited this page 4 times. Last visit: 3/30/12
    2. IEDC International Economic Development Council Rogue Member ...

www.realscam.com/f11/iedc...rogue...don-holbrook.../index7.html
      25 posts - 4 authors - May 5
      It's a simple equation. If you don't like public scrutiny, don't take public money.

You visited this page.
    The Google results look great! Now, those researching Mr. Holbrook will have no trouble finding the facts!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bless you pantherdadx2:
    Comment by: pantherdadx2 on May. 27th, 2012 - 1:02am

I've been following this discussion for awhile now digesting what's been said. What started most of the discussions on this topic in various forums, blogs , and newspaper articles was the investigation of irresponsible spending of the taxpayers money in EMC. Kudos to the people who have no vested interest in EMC and don't live there who actually CARE. Two women come to mind,(Cynthia Calvert and SoapboxMom). I've heard comments from someone that still support the clown that heads the EMCID and the pipedream that is "EarthQuest", or can it be called "DreamQuest". Happyland, you are either Frank McCrady, a freind of Frank's, or, in my opinion, on drugs. Is that why you call yourself "Happyland"? The first order of business in a "con" is to plant a seed, a "vision" as you so eloquently put it. The second order of business in that con is to milk it for all it's worth. This seed may not have been planted by Don Holbrook but he milked it for all it's worth, courtesy of Frank McCrady and the taxdollars he's in charge of. His bonus was not voted on by the citizens of EMC, it was voted on by the cronies he works with, the "Knights of the Round Table", so to speak. Once again,table scraps in the form of another smokescreen has been thrown to the peasants of EMC by Sir McCrady and gang to appease the suffering of them in the form of bonds that will be paid back by their children a quarter century down the road! Someone please remind the peasants on their way to the Wal-Mart to buy a couple packs of 99 cent turkey dogs to slap on their 99 cent a pack buns to feed their family, someone is sitting down to a $2000.00 dinner at Chez Nous on their dime, discussing where their next vacation will be. I can certainly guarantee you it won't be in Galveston or at the EarthQuest theme park in Mont. Co.! In my opinion these people should be drawn, quartered, and thrown to the seagulls!M

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Why does he want to poison the seagulls? Maybe they crapped on his windshield???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our sincere thanks to pantherdadx2 for commenting on the New Caney Dino Park Discussion:

Comment by: pantherdadx2 on May. 27th, 2012 - 10:40am

To Happyland, Moblu, and others living in LaLaLand....So Contour Entertainment is courting foreign investor's huh? What's the matter, they can't find investors in the U.S. of A. ignorant enough to plunk down half a BILLION dollars in the world-class vacation destination of po-dunk East Montgomery Co.? World - class theme parks such as Disney are located in close proximity to other vacation destinations and beaches, such as the beautiful Atlantic Ocean (Disney World), and the beautiful Pacific Ocean (Disney Land). What does the world-class vacation destination of the Houston area have to offer? The oil-soaked and seaweed infested sands of Galveston Island? How about the sewage-soaked sands of Alexander Duesen Park on Lake Houston? Is Contour going to get these investors drunk at the Red Zeppelin winery and drive them to the imaginary "think tank" in the Nevada desert they're so fond of, and fry their brains enough to think that people from all over the world will come to the left-armpit of the Gulf in the summertime in 100 degree heat and 100% humidity to enjoy themselfs on their vacations they've saved all year for? (most commonfolk, Sirs McCrady and Holbrook) I, for one, have an answer for both Harris Co. and Montgomery Co.'s biggest White Elephants. Mont. Co. EMCID needs to cover their butts and Harris Co. needs to dump that rathole called the Astrodome! Since Don Lessum's original idea of a Dino Museum needs a home, simply convince the illegals sitting on the corner of Loop 494 and E. Martin Drive in Porter to drop thier mota and cervezas and come to work toting that relic up 59 and plopping it down on the land designated for EarthQuest! Voila! Two problems solved......note to Harris and EM Co's.... I'll send my bill for intellectual property in the mail - total -$9.99

Comment by: pantherdadx2 on May. 27th, 2012 - 10:57am
    make that $999,999.99, still WAY under whats been spent on the hot air thats been eminating from both sides on these issues. Maybe they can cage a few of those rats and use them in the Dino Park, I hear they're as big as Vilocirapters!

Comment by: Jay on May. 27th, 2012 - 12:23pm
    WOW!! I didn't think there was anyone else out there that hates the Houston area as much as myself but apparently I was wrong.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________
    That hit the nail right on the head. There is little to absolutely nil chances of getting investors for Dreamquest!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No thanks neccessary, Soapboxmom. Glad to lend a voice to a topic that absolutely disgusts me! If no one from EMC has personally thanked you for what you have done or what you are continuing to do, let me personally thank you for them, even though I no longer reside there , but just across the county line in Kingwood. To know there are people who still believe the load of dung being dumped on them by the Master of Dung Dumping, Frank MaLarky, makes me feel sorry for them for their lack of intelligence. Please feel free to forward any of my comments to anyone you wish, including C. C. at the Tribune and the Houston Press, as I'm almost ready to give up on these dimwits!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pantherdadX2 View Post
    No thanks necessary, Soapboxmom. Glad to voice my opinion on something that absolutely disgusts me! If no one from EMC has personally thanked you for what you have done or what you are doing for them, let me thank you for them even though I no longer live and now reside just across the county line in Kingwood due to the same things I see with EMCID,only with a different set of officials from there. To know there are still people out there incognizant of what has been laid out for them to behold, makes me feel sorry for them for their lack of intelligence. P
    Bless you for speaking out. I just don't want to see a precious penny wasted when so many folks are struggling to get enough to eat and keep or get a roof over their heads. It is infuriating to see the Chez Nous crew living it up when it is accomplishing nothing. Even if the park gets built it can't possibly justify wasteful spending like that. The sad reality is the park will likely never get off of the paper as investors for independent half billion to more likely a billion dollar project are very few and far between. The taxpayers need to demand more accountability and the Don Holbrook "Music Man" types need to be run out of town before money is squandered courting these Knights of the Chez Nous and Vegas tables!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Theme park contractor Holbrook sued by Ohio town | Pahrump Valley Times
    On April 24, Don Holbrook was named as a defendant in a complaint filed in the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas of Dayton, Ohio.

In March, the Huber Heights City Council, during executive session, discussed taking legal action against Don Holbrook of the Vercitas Group and Contour Entertainment.
    The discussion was in reference to the city paying tens of thousands of dollars for Holbrook’s work.

Minutes from that meeting suggested that Holbrook’s work product was not at all what was expected by the council and did not conform to the contract requirements that Holbrook was required to fulfill as part of the contract.

Holbrook chose not to comment on the matter, but his attorney, Sue Seeberger, provided a statement in reference to her client’s court summons.

“This matter with the City of Huber Heights, Ohio; and Don Allen Holbrook is now in litigation. Needless to say, we dispute each and every one of their claims. Don Allen Holbrook, LLC completed its contract with the City of Huber Heights and did not breach its agreement in any way.

The City’s claims for conversion, fraudulent inducement, and negligent misrepresentation lack any basis in fact and are not grounded under Ohio law. The City’s claim for unjust enrichment is another way to sue for breach of contract and is likewise baseless,” the statement read.
    I don't know how quickly things post to the dockets publicly, but as of today Holbrook has no answer showing and it is due on or about Tuesday the 29th I believe. His lawyer made that comment for an article published on May 4th. I got the Cease and Desist on May 5th. What are they waiting for? Holbrook has been bragging of countersuing and the whole bit. Well.....

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In response to post #313, I tried to delete the first post but I'm not to adept at using a computer, Soapboxmom. I totally agree with you as I AM one of those trying desperately to keep a roof over my childrens head. Being in the construction business and having to compete with illegals and those that hire them ( I refuse to) and coupled with the fact that it took a great deal of time to finally get my son on a football field in order to receive a full scholorship he rightfully deserved, has left me financially ruined. I am currently walking to work after losing two vehicles that were paid for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wonder if Don Holbrook and Frank McCrady stopped for one moment to think of all the folks in EMC like our own wonderful pantherdadx2 and felt a twinge of guilt for spending the tens of thousands on extravagant world tours, dinners, sports tickets and much more. Those millions of dollars wasted on this project that is likely to never see the time of day could have been spent doing some real worthwhile things in the community. That is the reason I speak out so vociferously. And, now that low-life creep Holbrook is threatening all of us who object to this Titanic waste of public funds. The Titanic is not salvageable!

As I noted before, my little town brought in a really nice retail center, which was our first in 2005. It is thriving. We did a little downtown revitalization. We have a very small, but quite nice water park. There is a center used for the high school graduations that can be rented for conventions and more that was recently constructed. All brought jobs and prosperity to the area. All this was done without a Knight of the Chez Nous table eating and drinking his way through our public funds. All that progress put wonderful people like pantherdadx2 to work.

Frank McCrady should be shown the door immediately and the authorities should take a hard look at where all the money has gone!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tweets
    Don Holbrook ‏@9thTemplar

When Cities Rip Off Business Consultants- due to Corrupt Local Politicians http://wp.me/p26CUa-20

economicdeveloper

~ Moving Beyond a Fragile Economy!

Search:

Not Found!

What you were looking for doesn't exist or isn't here anymore. We are sorry :(
    Please return to the home page or use the search box above
    Another meltdown???? Where is the ink on this massive conspiracy theory? Wayne County, Red Wing Port Authority, Soapboxmom, the taxpayers of Pahrump, the taxpayers of Texas and now the corrupt politicians in Pahrump and/or Huber Heights Ohio. Everyone is conspiring to get poor little Donny boy. Good grief!!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

USAs Economic Development Guru

Structuring business deals today that are built upon public-private partnerships of shared risk and adjusting the business climate to attract investment.

The Art of the Deal Today 05/28 by USA Economic Development Guru | Blog Talk Radio
    The Art of the Deal Today

by USA Economic Development Guru

in Finance
    Mon, May 28, 2012
    follow h:307179
    s:3188873
    archived

Play in your default player Open in new window

Guru???????

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Now he's making fake magazine covers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    LOL! Now he's making fake magazine covers?
    Holbrook probably wishes that was all he was on:

Huber Heights suing consultant for more than $50,000

https://www.facebook.com/daytondailynews

• Denny Philipps Some of the problems may be with what he recommended : "He then filed his final product March 13, a six-page report that recommended, among other things, a sports training and competitive tournament youth complex primarily for baseball and soccer, and a themed hotel and waterpark that would be popular with children, such as dinosaurs" This was filed in March, well guess what, they were already in the final building phases of a water park, there already is a competitive tournament (Warrior Soccer Classic which is partially held at a youth complex for soccer), and a themed hotel or attraction which is already in the works with the future 'The Heights' development. So he just recommended things to the city that was already completed or in the worksSaturday at 10:17pm · Unlike · 2
    • Andrew Magee It's interesting that a SWOT is worth $66,000. As a student in urban planning, I do SWOTs and reports all the time, well over 100 pages, for free...Saturday at 10:24pm · Unlike · 1

Love some Bunny! I do!
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holbrook's charming attack dog has thrown her hat into the ring:
    PLAINTIFF
    [QUOTE]
    CITY OF HUBER HEIGHTS OHIO
    6131 TAYLORSVILLE ROAD
    HUBER HEIGHTS OH 45424

ATTORNEY(S)
    L. MICHAEL BLY
    2700 KETTERING TOWER
    DAYTON OH 45423

DEFENDANT
    DON ALLEN HOLBROOK LLC
    9200 DALMAHOY PLACE
    LAS VEGAS NV 89145

ATTORNEY(S)
    SUE SEEBERGER
    5975 KENTSHIRE DRIVE, SUITE D
    DAYTON OH 45440-4264
    This should be fun to watch. I can't wait for more details on what Don Holbrook had represented to the town. His responses to discovery should be a hoot as will the counterclaim he was braying about. Here is the original filing again for those that want to see the extensive requests for production, Interrogatories and Requests for Admissions.

Huber Heights vs. Don Holbrook.pdf

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK folks, can we please cut out the name-calling and posting of family members' names, phone numbers, etc? Please move those threats elsewhere.

I'll repeat my request from the other day: if anyone has credible information about lawsuits being filed against the Dobrotts, or about Dobrott being a scammer, please send it my way so it can be reported. Otherwise, all I see are baseless accusations made by people too afraid to use their real names. Healthy debate is one thing, but this has just degenerated into sub-literate playground taunting. Please, I beg you, for the sake of humanity and the preservation of IQ points everywhere, knock it off!

Thanks,
    Craig

Craig Malisow 3 weeks ago in reply to Realscam lawsuit

Wow, we seem to have taken a turn for the vindictive and petty here. Could you please explain what you mean by "put in place legal actions"? Do you mean that more than 400 people have filed lawsuits against ..... Dobrott? If so, that's quite a story, and it needs to be reported immediately. Seriously, if the husband of a woman who runs a site called Realscam.com is himself a scammer, then it needs to come to light.

So can you please tell me in which court(s) these suits were filed, or the names of the attorneys and/or plaintiffs I'd need to contact? That would be very helpful.

It's 4 pm central time, as I'm typing this. Surely you can get this info to me in the next hour, right? You can also e-mail me directly at craig.malisow@houstonpress.com or call at 713.280.2481. I can't wait to get on this story, Realscam lawsuit! (Sorry, I'd address you by your name, but you didn't include it.)
    Thanks,
    Craig

Don Holbrook 1 month ago
    <snip long diatribe>.....
    You and the folks at the Our Tribune are awful and malicious folks. Most credible people see right through your crappy reporting. But it could be viewed as comic and entertaining if you just changed it to admit you seem to be trying to peddle a screen play script. Maybe Mel Gibson will option it and make you rich, that must be your intent with such fictional writing because investigative reporting is not your calling in life.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    The Don Holbrook fan club is quick to make all sorts of threats and lie like dogs. I want to know how the seance conducted to contact my relative or visit with John Edward went. Craig and I are waiting. Where are those "over 400 people that have put in place legal actions against him being he is listed as the owner of the rag site??" Where are the "5000 victims"? Again, those who are sharing the truth have proven the buffoon patrol to be nothing but lying blowhards.

Holbrook, since you are bored why don't you get to work on that movie script you mentioned. Maybe your friends that were claiming to contact my dead relative could line up John Candy to play you!!!!

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How about John Belushi.......Nah, that wouldn't work, he did the hard stuff, not the hallucinogens!

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Farley might work...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

EMCID tells EarthQuest founder, 'No action at this time' - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com
    EMCID tells EarthQuest founder, 'No action at this time'
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012
    Geoffrey Geiger
    The recent news coverage of the controversial EarthQuest project in New Caney and spending by the East Montgomery County Improvement District (EMCID) prompted a visit from the project’s founder Don Lessem.

After all half a dozen years, I think I’ve lent my concepts out long enough. I am, however, still committed to bringing the big park to the area, given the appeal of the area for tourism and the patient support of the community despite all the wrong steps taken,” Lessem told The Tribune.

Lessem traveled from his home in Pennsylvania but this trip did not produce the result Lessem wanted, though it publicly ensured the continuously stalled eco-resort and theme park project was still “moving forward” under Contour Entertainment.

Lessem had three requests of the EMCID board:a reversion of the intellectual property rights to him after 2013, permission to market EarthQuest 500 miles from Texas with Contour still on the project and a 2.5 percent finders fee for the money he brought in for the district. The rights are currently held through Contour. Lessem said the project is still viable under Contour’s leadership. The details of the two-hour executive session between Lessem and the board are not available, but the board declined to take any official action on Lessem’s requests. Publicly, EMCID President Frank McCrady said that Chris Brown of Contour would not agree to the terms, would but assured Lessem there might be a viable option in the future.

Lessem told The Tribune he was disappointed with the decision, but said, “I do understand that they felt it their best chance to repay taxpayer money was to retain this intellectual property. I gave what little I still had (the name itself) to EMCID recently for two reasons: to get back about $30,000 in expenses three years overdue, and to give Chris Brown of Contour Entertainment free rein to try and sell the project - as he is now the option-holder to develop the property. While he’s not a financial person, he is well-versed and honest and we all hope he will succeed. If he can’t in the next year, I think he’ll withdraw and then I think EMCID should return my concept to me - after nearly seven years without any benefit to me.”
    EarthQuest 2009 bond sale: where did tax dollars go - Monday, April 30, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com
    First, Contour Entertainment was paid $1,726,978.37 out of the bond proceeds. Originally employed by the Developer as the lead designer and planner for EarthQuest, it is their work that largely constitutes the “intellectual property” often referred to by Frank McCrady, president of EMCID.

Contour’s work product is an essential component of EarthQuest, provided the project is built as originally conceived (i.e. a dinosaur-themed park). But due to the thematic nature of those plans, it is doubtful that work product would hold any value to a another party if EarthQuest isn’t built. Therefore, repeated assurances by EMCID officials as to the value of the intellectual property must be qualified. That is, any perceived value of the intellectual property is wholly dependent upon EarthQuest being built as originally planned.

Comment by: Don Holbrook on Mar. 9th, 2012
    With regard to all the rumors and unjust comments about EMCID and Frank McCrady, I can truly say this about the entire situation:

Just because John Marlin as the original developer failed to perform does not mean he did so with malicious intent. I believe we experienced and most Americans still are experiencing one of the worst global financial crisis in most of our lifetimes. He simply was trying to do this and did not know the economy would tank and thus his investors ran for cover as did thousands of other projects across the globe... Almost every city, town and region has faced this same scenario. Many with no hope of turning their plight around.

But not EMCID, led by Mr. McCrady. EMCID looked at it strategically and said if we are to improve our local economy we have to focus on being a destination in our region. They diversified and began working on more than just EarthQuest to build visitor draw and ancillary and complimentary tourism projects that employ people, fill hotel rooms, buy gas, food and other things. These efforts diversified their risk and made them not so dependent on just the success of EarthQuest. Those actions are now bearing fruit... Wake Boarding is hugely popular and will attract residents from all over Houston to EMCID territory to spend money and guess what employ people. Then they attract the worlds #1 Firearms Training Institute to build their new $25M plus state of the art world headquarters to EMCID besting out San Antonio for the project, which attracts over 25,000 trainees from around the world on NV and they expect to do over 60,000 in Texas. Those create nearly 300,000 room nights, consume food & beverages and buy gas and other retail items while in EMCID territory.

Not a bad outcome considering the great economic transition we are in. But I'm not skipping EarthQuest. EMCID once Marlin made them award he couldn't perform began making plans for how to mitigate Marlins lack of performance. They did not sulk or stick their head in the sand. They asked Chris Brown, one of the worlds foremost theme park designers to consider becoming the developer. He accepted the challenge and began planning the mitigation. He began by updating the business model so it would be valid in the post 2008 economic meltdown. Then he started building an astute board of advisors from the theme park industry and raising capital so that he could do the most important first step, regain site control once the Bankruptcy Court and the Bank were willing to allow such actions. This was controlled not by EMCID or Chris Brown but our judicial system.

Meanwhile EMCID strategically made all the right moves to protect the project so it could move forward. They positioned their interest in the land at no additional cost so they could provide Brown the new developer with an option to purchase the land from the BK proceedings. They clawed back all intellectual rights to the project and wrote a new and much stronger new development agreement requiring the new developer to license the Intellectual Property for a fee that would be enough to pay off the public investment in the project.

Most important they remembered that Marlins failure did not mean the project was not viable. Three different world renowned theme park experts all agreed Houston is the best market in the central time zone for a major Theme Park. So EMCID made sure the project would continue to move towards successful opening even if the developer failed. In my opinion EMCID and McCrady did their job excellent and because of their actions, someday soon Greater Houston will have one of the greatest theme park attractions in America. EMCID's strategic vision and perseverance will prove to have been strategically well executed and produce exceptional economic outcomes for their constituents. I feel so sad that these good people have endure such horrible abuse from some in the general public while doing their peers such a great outcome. Now that the Marlin scenario is beginning to settle out EMCID is moving forward just as it appears the economy is beginning to invest again. I know they will do excellent. I also believe Chris Brown deserves our full support as he works hard to get a great project back on track.
    A Disneyland for gun lovers - Monday, February 20, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com
    As with EarthQuest, McCrady is assuring taxpayers that the development will not cost them a penny. EarthQuest developers received millions of dollars from EMCID; taxpayers were given assurance that parking fees at EarthQuest and intellectual property rights will make up for the EarthQuest costs estimated to be as high as $10-15 million (The Tribune has made numerous requests of EMCID for the total number of dollars spent to date on the EarthQuest project but no answers have been provided). McCrady said the incentives given to Front Sight will come from rebates of sales taxes and other revenues generated by the new business itself.
    EMCID claims EarthQuest project still in progress despite several setbacks - Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com
    McCrady emphasized that a stall in the 500-acre eco-project stemmed from dire economic vicissitudes beginning in 2008. In 2010, a redesign of the park was ordered after failing to secure several million dollars in funding. John Marlin, of Marlin-Atlantis, the original developer of EarthQuest said that $500 million could be difficult to secure so a redesign was conducted for $307 million. Whitestone Houston Land, Ltd., the affiliate through Marlin-Atlantis, of Dallas, filed for bankruptcy in August of 2011.

National homebuilder D. R. Horton proposed a $10.7 million bid for a portion of the property on March 5, with a hearing scheduled for April. According to McCrady, if Horton is able to purchase the portion, then the new project developter, Contour Entertainment, can begin working more extensively after June.

"We are ecstatic," McCrady said of the bid. "We feel that [Horton] brings a great deal of stability to the transaction."

Contour was originally the park designer, and is now hoping to secure more than $500 million. McCrady said that if Contour could not secure the funding, then other interested developers could step in. McCrady did not disclose those other interested developers. EMCID has committed more than $2 million to the project along with a $7.8 million bond issue.

However, McCrady stated, "Following the April hearing, we [EMCID] will post updates to our website."

The public concerns have reached county and state officials as well. State Senator Tommy Williams (R-4) said the issue raised some serious questions.

"It is important this matter has a thorough investigation. It is important that the improvement district will allow an investigation. The public has a faith in the district to uphold their fiduciary duty to the taxpayers, and it is very important that the full light of day shine on this matter. I am certain it will happen," Williams said.

This follows recent district financial revelations documented by The Tribune and sources that include several hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on consulting fees for the project. The Tribune also secured cash flow and expense report statements that outlined other EMCID expenses which have raised questions by district residents. Expense examples include more than $21,000 in sporting tickets and several hundreds of thousands on meals and trips internationally. However, McCrady and EMCID Chairman Leon Cubillas insisted to the forum attendees that every expense is "legitimate" and approved as the expenses act as incentives for business relocation to the district. More than $300,000 was budgeted for 2011-2012 alone.

"Dealing with economic development is a very complex thing. You have to take into account how competitive and how cut throat it is. This requires a greater effort to ensure business comes to east Montgomery County," McCrady said.
    This project is in serious trouble. Don Holbrook claims EMCID has the intellectual property rights. Don Lessem is wanting them back. Contour appears have the intellectual property rights as of today, so Frank McCrady claiming, "if Contour could not secure the funding, then other interested developers could step in" is complete bunk. How can anyone else step in if they don't have the rights to the ideas that are the core of the project.

With the property rights a bone of contention, no investor will touch this with a ten foot pole. I would not be at all surprised to see this end up in protracted litigation. For this to go forward the party that possesses the intellectual property rights must be clearly established! Another dino disaster in the making.

Soapboxmom

Love some Bunny! I do!

• Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast