Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CoinGeneration.com OPPORTUNITY or Scam?

Post Thanks / Like

Question CoinGeneration.com OPPORTUNITY or Scam?

I have been told about it from a friend who already withdrawn money from them. But i understand that it is not quite clear....
    Here is what they say:
    You download a software and they pay you for using % of your CPU....You also can buy more threads which leads to more money, there is also 2 level referral system....
    It is new and i just registered. I am not going to invest any money but maybe i can get some. Here is the link: https://coingeneration.com/auth/new/ (referral link removed by mod)

Someone who understands more about computing should give their opinion....
    Last edited by littleroundman; 06-07-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CoinGeneration.com OPPORTUNITY or Scam?

Quote Originally Posted by dimy View Post
    I have been told about it from a friend who already withdrawn money from them. But i understand that it is not quite clear....
    Here is what they say:
    You download a software and they pay you for using % of your CPU....You also can buy more threads which leads to more money, there is also 2 level referral system....
    It is new and i just registered. I am not going to invest any money but maybe i can get some. Here is the link: https://coingeneration.com/auth/new/99679/

This sounds a whole lot like planting a worm on your pc and turning it into a bot. No Thanks, no way!!!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    This sounds a whole lot like planting a worm on your pc and turning it into a bot. No Thanks, no way!!!

Second that. Nothing good will come out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    Or they're going to use the IP address to launder stolen credit card money.

Post Thanks / Like

* Anyone who wants to give an unknown person 24/7 access to their computer is crazy

* All users get $30 a MONTH ??? Where is all that money coming from ??
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

6. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post

* Anyone who wants to give an unknown person 24/7 access to their computer is crazy

* All users get $30 a MONTH ??? Where is all that money coming from ??
    Probably computer is going to be used as a spambot.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is more like ponzy, because you can buy "threads" 50$ each....which generates 1$ per 24h (only when you have your computer on). What means, even with the "free thread" they give you at the beginning + having your pc on 24h, you must pay 20$ to buy another one after 1 month...Concluding, you must buy "threads" in order to make money...

9. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fromthehood View Post
    Probably computer is going to be used as a spambot.
    AND you are not going to be paid AND they will have your I.P. address AND your account details AND have access to your harddrive AND all your passwords AND all of your address books AND your browser and computer history AND you will have given them permission to do so.

11. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: CoinGeneration.com OPPORTUNITY or Scam?

Quote Originally Posted by dimy View Post
    Here is what they say:
    It is new and i just registered. I am not going to invest any money but maybe i can get some. Here is the link: https://coingeneration.com/auth/new/ (referral link removed by mod)

What I've heard is that you must pay at least few cents from your mobile credits to send them a reply to their SMS verification system. Besides that cost you'll share all your system stuff with them and waste time and energy running a BS tool used by them to spy your pc???

Anyone who use a piece of brain can recognize the risks of joining and accept using such scamming tool! It's just a smarter scamming way by owners to use member's pcs and a fool way by members (victims) to let them using their pcs... Don't be a Fool!!

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello people,
    I was scanning for reviews of this specific program when I stumbled upon this forum thread. I am in this kind of business so I will check it out.
    The valid questions regarding such programs as this one are:
    -Does it pay?
    -Does it run in a sandbox or is it allowed to influence other processes?
    -Do you need to be logged in as administrator?
    -Is this program CPU/GPU intensive enough to damage your hardware?
    -Do you need additional cooling? (water cooling/aftermarket coolers)
    There are programs like this that comply to the average hardware thermal profile, I just don't know if this one is one of them. If it pays, I'll use it.
    But I do NOT recommend it to any computer owner who has stock cooling in his/her hardware, whether it pays or not. In that case it might burn your CPU/GPU and even start a fire in your home!
    My only red flag might be the "too good to be true" price. I sell my cpu cycles to another company for a much lower amount.
    I'll give it a try because I have oversized aftermarket coolers for both the CPU and GPU and I'll give you guys a legit review soon.
    Last edited by cloudchecker; 06-23-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cloudchecker View Post
    Hello people,
    I was scanning for reviews of this specific program when I stumbled upon this forum thread. I am in this kind of business so I will check it out.
    The valid questions regarding such programs as this one are:
    -Does it pay?
    -Does it run in a sandbox or is it allowed to influence other processes?
    -Do you need to be logged in as administrator?
    -Is this program CPU/GPU intensive enough to damage your hardware?
    -Do you need additional cooling? (water cooling/aftermarket coolers)
    There are programs like this that comply to the average hardware thermal profile, I just don't know if this one is one of them. If it pays, I'll use it.
    But I do NOT recommend it to any computer owner who has stock cooling in his/her hardware, whether it pays or not. In that case it might burn your CPU/GPU and even start a fire in your home!
    My only red flag might be the "too good to be true" price. I sell my cpu cycles to another company for a much lower amount.
    I'll give it a try because I have oversized aftermarket coolers for both the CPU and GPU and I'll give you guys a legit review soon.
    Welcome cloudchecker I certainly look forward to what you come up with. And forgive my lack of computer understanding if I get a few things wrong.

For me the LAST thing I would consider is if something like this paid. Being a drug mule pays, drop shipping stolen goods to Nigeria pays, and using your computer for who knows what might pay. I would lump this in with "peer to peer" as I am giving someone else access to my computer. Let's see what the FBI says one should consider, I might put any of these things above being paid. FBI — Peer-to-Peer Scams

FBI.jpg

Then there are a whole host of let's call them, BIG F'n RED FLAGS for short. When I google Mark Peterson Digital Generation, the first hits I get are for spam videos and then three linked in profiles that don't appear to be him. (Although in fairness, I just looked at the search result and am gauging by location). Then we have Digital Generation who's country of registration is Canada, always strange for a US company. The technical contact is a free EMAIL account. If I had to bet the office is the Regus office suite in 555 California St.(again just a guess).

And your statement about starting a fire with the PC did not sound so ducky either.

Scamadviser.com | check a website for risk | check if dodgey | check is a website s |check website is fake or a scam

CG.JPG
    CG1.JPG
    CG2.JPG
    CG3.jpg
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

16. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    AND you are not going to be paid AND they will have your I.P. address AND your account details AND have access to your harddrive AND all your passwords AND all of your address books AND your browser and computer history AND you will have given them permission to do so.
    This says it all as far as I am concerned. How anybody can contemplate trying anything as stupid, defies the imagination.

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    For me the LAST thing I would consider is if something like this paid. Being a drug mule pays, drop shipping stolen goods to Nigeria pays, and using your computer for who knows what might pay. I would lump this in with "peer to peer" as I am giving someone else access to my computer. Let's see what the FBI says one should consider, I might put any of these things above being paid. FBI — Peer-to-Peer Scams
    Well said "ribshaw." The idea of trying anything of this nature is not only idiocy. It seems like a deliberate attempt to earn from criminal actions.

20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, some variation of this made the top 10 of Internet Scams for 2013. The Top 10 Internet/Email Scams, #10) "Turn Your Computer Into a Money-Making Machine!", Page 10

Capture.JPG
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff

22. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fromthehood View Post
    probably computer is going to be used as a spambot.
    it is real program

Post Thanks / Like

You receive 1$ per day,30$ per month, program used only on one computer PC
    .The computer must stay on line 24 hours per day
    STEP to follow
    1. register just here https://referral link removed by mod
    2.download from web page - the program
    3.restart your computer
    4.on web- choose "ticket". , choose new ticket and send this messeage /I want a trial thread please/
    5.on PROFILE - on chat nickname - write your name
    - on phone - write mobile phone without 0 at pho
    - at bottom push SAVE
    6.you received code in GSM. on next day you can enter it, on same page (5.) on right on phone click on verify
    every thing start after 1-2 days !!! keep program running
    Last edited by littleroundman; 06-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucien2013 View Post
    it is real program
    And you are WHO?

26. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucien2013 View Post
    it is real program
    And you're a real spammer/scammer...

Post Thanks / Like

So I return at last with my results.
    I did a virus check on virustotal.com (that means over 40 different antivirus programs scanned it) the detection rate is zero. Sounds good, doesn't it?
    I installed a program and verified my cell phone number. Threads:0. That's odd, I should've got it right after this action.
    They want you to BUY threads to earn money, that's a red flag right there and a conflict of interest: If I want to build the largest supercomputer ever, I want it to be energy efficient too! I would want to give you as many threads as your rig can handle so I get profit. At least that's what logic would tell you to do...
    Real cloud computing firms do not charge their providers no matter what!
    So I did a whois check, I did an IP address lookup and finally I checked out the address of the company.
    Results:
    Their ONLY server is located in Germany (supercomputers need a lot of bandwidth to eliminate bottlenecks and packet loss as much as possible, so this is odd)
    Latitude: 51 (51° 0′ 0.00″ N)
    Longitude: 9 (9° 0′ 0.00″ E)

The detailed whois is the following:
    Registrar
    easyDNS Technologies, Inc.
    Whois Server
    whois.easydns.com
    Referral URL
    http://www.easydns.com
    Status
    clientTransferProhibited
    clientUpdateProhibited
    Contact Email

Creation Date
    09/17/2012
    Updated Date
    09/17/2012
    Expiration Date
    09/17/2014
    Registrant
    Digital Generation
    555 California Street, Suite 4
    San Francisco, CA 94104
    UN
    Administrative Contact
    Peterson, Mark
    San Francisco, CA 94104
    UN
    Email: cpurevenue@gmail.com -free email for such a large corporation? LOL

Finally I've checked the address in google street view and found some interesting things:
    555, california street is a branch, the entire building belongs to Bank Of America...

The entire operation is a well concealed pyramid where the suckers buy the threads and the entire liquidity of the company depends on those suckers. The free thread might pay people for a while, but it will be doomed soon.
    There are legit companies who buy your computing power for real but this is not one of them. I usually earn a dollar from one of them each month. The higher paying legit ones expect that you provide at least 25 dedicated computers for them. The legit ones also offer you access to their super computing grid so they cover the selling side of the market.
    Coingeneration did not even bother to sell their grid to customers and the entire operation is fake.
    Some other interesting things:
    Weird symbolism: The star david and the lion are zionist symbols and when I've first heard of this site it was advertised to be affiliated with the Bilderberg group. The group consist of uber rich billionaires who do not care about this kind of business. They do not want you, the little man to earn money and they have their own grid that trades on wall street, fully automated. They do not need your few megaflops because they already have the ultimate cutting edge technology with a whole lot of petaflops.
    My final conclusion:
    Itsatrap.jpg

29. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are the PROOF and a guide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lolec View Post
    Here are the PROOF and a guide.

No need to say much more really, is there ?

Watch out when you're withdrawing your "earings" though

digital.jpg

digi.jpg

32. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I return at last with my results.
    I did a virus check on virustotal.com (that means over 40 different antivirus programs scanned it) the detection rate is zero. Sounds good, doesn't it?
    I installed a program and verified my cell phone number. Threads:0. That's odd, I should've got it right after this action.
    They want you to BUY threads to earn money, that's a red flag right there and a conflict of interest: If I want to build the largest supercomputer ever, I want it to be energy efficient too! I would want to give you as many threads as your rig can handle so I get profit. At least that's what logic would tell you to do...
    So I did a whois check, I did an IP address lookup and finally I checked out the address of the company.
    Results:
    Their ONLY server is located in Germany (supercomputers need a lot of bandwidth to eliminate bottlenecks and packet loss as much as possible, so this is odd)
    Latitude: 51 (51° 0′ 0.00″ N)
    Longitude: 9 (9° 0′ 0.00″ E)

The detailed whois is the following:
    Registrar
    easyDNS Technologies, Inc.
    Whois Server
    whois.easydns.com
    Referral URL
    http://www.easydns.com
    Status
    clientTransferProhibited
    clientUpdateProhibited
    Contact Email

Creation Date
    09/17/2012
    Updated Date
    09/17/2012
    Expiration Date
    09/17/2014
    Registrant
    Digital Generation
    San Francisco, CA 94104
    UN
    Administrative Contact
    Peterson, Mark
    San Francisco, CA 94104
    UN

Finally I've checked the address in google street view and found some interesting things:
    555, california street is a branch, the entire building belongs to Bank Of America...

The entire operation is a well concealed pyramid where the suckers buy the threads and the entire liquidity of the company depends on those suckers. The free thread might pay people for a while, but it will be doomed soon.
    There are legit companies who buy your computing power for real but this is not one of them. I usually earn a dollar from one of them each month. The higher paying legit ones expect that you provide at least 25 dedicated computers for them. The legit ones also offer you access to their super computing grid so they cover the selling side of the market.
    Coingeneration did not even bother to sell their grid to customers and the entire operation is fake.
    Weird symbolism: The star david and the lion are zionist symbols and when I've first heard of this site it was advertised to be affiliated with the Bilderberg group. The group consist of uber rich billionaires who do not care about this kind of business. They do not want you, the little man to earn money and they have their own grid that trades on wall street, fully automated. They do not need your few megaflops because they already have the ultimate cutting edge technology with a whole lot of petaflops.
    My final conclusion:
    Itsatrap.jpg
    That's a good analysis cloudchecker.

People could contrast that with this:

Capture1.JPG

And this:

Capture.JPG

For $30 a month (maybe) the risk far outweighs the any potential profit on so many fronts.

34. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing is to be added: the uninstaller did not remove the main exe file and I had to delete it manually.
    Make no mistake this is a scam imho, but there are legit and paying sites who buy your CPU and GPU cycles.
    The real deal is paying less for only one unit but it's worth it.

So here's the real deal list with no reflinks
    cloud.mql5.com -for individuals who own one computer (windows only)
    pluraprocessing.com -for webmasters who have visitors and can run the script
    cpusage.com -recommended for schools or other organizations with numerous computers (Windows/Linux/macOS)
    parabon.com -recommended for organizations who have more than 25 computers or one dedicated supercomputing cluster (Windows+Web/Linux+Web)
    They all cover the buying and selling side of the market.
    Also you can get into bitcoin mining but not with stock GPU cooling because it's very intensive. I killed my precious AMD 5870 card with the miner, the VRM and the GPU got fried :(

36. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also you can get into bitcoin mining but not with stock GPU cooling because it's very intensive. I killed my precious AMD 5870 card with the miner, the VRM and the GPU got fried :(
    Now bitcoin mining is worthless endeavor, unless you own server farm or supercomputer and there is not much to do.

Post Thanks / Like

First thanks for your analysis, i just have somethings to add from my analysis.

Totally agree with you on this one, but it can also make logic to use an mlm to get funds in advance to manage the company.

I don't assume their large, they're new and I think their pretty small but growing fast, they messaged saying they'll open an office in Portugal and start an international phone support center.

San Francisco, CA 94104

Are you sure? The address looks incomplete, on their site is: 555 California Street, Suite 4925, San Francisco CA 94104 U.S.A.
    I viewed it on street view and didn't see nothing of Bank of America on that building. In a quick search i found the building rents offices, meeting rooms and virtual offices, there's other companies with the same address, you can google the address or check:
    Office Space San Francisco | 555 California Street | Servcorp US
    Virtual Office Sales - 555 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
    https://liquidspace.com/Venues/sf-smart-office

Weird symbolism: The star david and the lion are zionist symbols
    Found this explanation about the logo: Six stars logo with a lion on coingeneration.com Digital Generation | 1a20.com

I still have my doubts about this, if it's a scam or not. The software seems secure, they're paying, my doubts is if they're 100% reliable and sustainable. They say paypal and skrill are coming, I'll follow them and maybe invest some $ by then.