Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: My next business and investment?

Post Thanks / Like

My next business and investment?

Hello,

In the near future i'm planning to start a business and invest into some online marketing businesses. I will explain all of them below, and I want you to answer me if it is something illegal, that doesn't work and why.

The business I want to start is PTC using a aurora script from the market, okay I know that a lot of people have said it that it was a ponzi. But I don't really understand why it is a ponzi? If i'm right PTC works like this, you get advertisers who are going to pay to advertise their website/services, then you have members who are going to click/visit those ads and the owner pays them a portion from the money of advertisers. If i'm wrong could you please explain?

The online marketing business I want to invest in money and time is CPA(Cost Per Action), a lot of people participate in this type of online marketing business, and from my point of view this is not a scam/ponzi. Can someone who know more about this, give me more detail? Is it a good business to invest in, and what are the chances of losing money with this?

Thank you :)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My next business and investment?

Quote Originally Posted by MyChew View Post
    Is it a good business to invest in, and what are the chances of losing money with this?
    G'day MyChew and welcome to RealScam

CPA is a very bad "business" to invest in and your chances of losing money are extremely high....
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I would have never thought that. I've been on other forums and people always brag of how much money they make a day (50$, 100$,...). If this is the case, then i'm not going to invest any money into that. Thanks very much okosh for your comment, I'll wait and see other members opinion on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I would have never thought that. I've been on other forums and people always brag of how much money they make a day (50$, 100$,...).
    Is that $50-100 in their account on the website or paid to their bank or paypal in real money??....If it's in their account on the website then that is just numbers on the screen....
    In many cases CPA sites either change the payout rules or find some lame excuse to suspend your account and not pay you for your "actions"...
    By doing this the admin gets to keep all the money they were paid to host the "offer" and doesn't share it with the members who do the work...

At the same time not all "Paid to" sites are scams....I belong to one since 2005 and it's the real deal and a properly registered company with ABN and pays it's taxes etc...They have real address and a landline you can ring....They pay direct to bank account but it's only open to Aussies...

Depending on where you live I'd assume you could find a real one....Your best guide should be the need for you to pay money to them....I mean think about it this way....If you are being paid to do stuff then why would you need to send them money??....
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyChew
    The business I want to start is PTC using a aurora script from the market, okay I know that a lot of people have said it that it was a ponzi. But I don't really understand why it is a ponzi? If i'm right PTC works like this, you get advertisers who are going to pay to advertise their website/services, then you have members who are going to click/visit those ads and the owner pays them a portion from the money of advertisers. If i'm wrong could you please explain?
    That's how PTC sites work in theory.

How much do the "advertisers" pay the PTC site owner ???

What are the expenses involved in running a PTC site ???

What rate could you afford to pay member / clickers and still make a profit yourself ??

"Legitimate" PTC sites pay cents per click or even fractions of cents per click. Only ponzi sites can afford to pay the sort of returns offered by schemes like Traffic Monsoon, My Advertising Pays, etc and those sites use the members' subscriptions to pretend to be paying the high returns they offer.

A similar principle applies to the recruitment side of schemes such as MAP and TM.

If members do, or can, can make the majority of their money from recruitment, it's both illegal under pyramid / endless chain recruiting laws and, most importantly to anyone thinking of getting involved, guaranteed to fail.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like

If i'm right PTC works like this, you get advertisers who are going to pay to advertise their website/services, then you have members who are going to click/visit those ads and the owner pays them a portion from the money of advertisers.
    If it worked like you describe someone should be able to go right to the website and sign up without any initial cash outlay on their part. If they clicked 10 ads they would earn $X, clicked 20,000 ads some multiple of $X. This of course would depend on the nature of the ads, how long clickers stayed on the site, and how desirable their demographic is to the advertiser.

Very seriously in today's targeted marketing age how appealing do you suppose that sort of arrangement would be to an advertiser that isn't peddling crap?

But I don't really understand why it is a ponzi?
    The PONZI comes in when people pay $50 (or some multiple) to join these sites under the guise of not only getting ads but a return of their money. Revenue Share is what is frequently tossed around the scam community.
    For $50 a punter gets 1000 ads (or some number) and agrees to click 10 ads per day. In return at the end of a period (say sixty days) all of their money is returned plus $10.

So they get free ads, plus a 20% return on their money in sixty days. Does that seem even remotely possible to you?
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Post Thanks / Like

The PONZI comes in when people pay $50 (or some multiple) to join these sites under the guise of not only getting ads but a return of their money. Revenue Share is what is frequently tossed around the scam community.
    For $50 a punter gets 1000 ads (or some number) and agrees to click 10 ads per day. In return at the end of a period (say sixty days) all of their money is returned plus $10.

So they get free ads, plus a 20% return on their money in sixty days. Does that seem even remotely possible to you?
    Yes, but if you look at some ptc websites like neobux and clixsense, you'll notice that they never do any revenue sharing like you described.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okosh View Post

If you are being paid to do stuff then why would you need to send them money??....
    That is the biggest flaw in the scheme "okosh". Would anybody consider lending his or her employer money so that the business could pay the employee's wages.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but if you look at some ptc websites like neobux and clixsense, you'll notice that they never do any revenue sharing like you described.
    I don't think I would classify either of these as Ponzi scams. Which is not to say I think they are a great value for the time most people will spend versus what they earn.

More or less both are what I described in this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by ribshaw View Post
    someone should be able to go right to the website and sign up without any initial cash outlay on their part.
    Whatever someone can earn for free on either site viewing ads and doing surveys is what it is. I wouldn't be pumping dime one in for membership upgrades or attempts to build referrals.
    Last edited by ribshaw; 04-06-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403