Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Scammed China Foreign Teacher Victims of Wage Theft Now Have Way To Get Paid In Full Without Lawyers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Scammed China Foreign Teacher Victims of Wage Theft Now Have Way To Get Paid In Full Without Lawyers

I subscribed to the "Red Alerts" from China Scam Patrol and last month they demonstrated a unique "collection method" that 752 expat foreign teachers in Beijing and Shanghai used to collect over 6 million yuan (about $1 million buckaroos) from employers who bilked them of their last pay checks or bonus bucks, or their year-end bonuses. The Scam Patrol version is two pages long so I found a one page summary here. China Foreign Teacher News, Updates, & Scam Alerts: How China foreign teachers can get back the wages cheated from them in 30 days or less - without a lawyer - for free! I had a good laugh and then did a bit of research at a China Law blogsite. Graymail is not against the law in China! All my Chinese friends say that Chinese people would be too cowardly to collect their money this way because they are all programmed from birth to be harmonious and to to embarrass each other even if your neighbor steals from you. So having lived in China a few years ago, I am quite sure this collection method would freak out the thief and put immediate pressure on him or her to pay up quick.

2. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scammed China Foreign Teacher Victims of Wage Theft Now Have Way To Get Paid In Full Without Lawyers

This is a great idea for anyone cheated in China and maybe other places as well. As for specific China frauds and scams you may want to look at Home