Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: This is the sort of "Expert" that's peddling "Internet Marketing"...

Post Thanks / Like

This is the sort of "Expert" that's peddling "Internet Marketing"...

A while ago, I ran across this book that was free on Amazon (it's worth only $1, so free is no big deal). I picked it up, and it was a load of drivel.

The book is basically an interview by Nicole Dean of a girl called "A conversation with Rachel Rofe, Internet Business Success Story" You can find it on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Conversation-R.../dp/B00CJUKFZE

Any way, according to herself... She had an assistant manager job at Target, and she lucked onto the scam world via, in her own words:

... Then I came across one of those ebooks on Cragislist like a "Make a Million Dollars in your Underwear" kind of thing. The premise of the ebook was basically to get an affiliate link and sell that same ebook on Craiglist (sp) and you'll get money. That's what I did. I'm not necessarily proud of it now, but I was just spamming Craigslist and selling this book. I started to make between $500 and $800 per day from my very first day. Every hour on the hour I'd go on Craigslist and make sure my posts weren't flagged. If they weren't flagged, I'd keep them. If they were flagged, I'd repost. I saw that I would be able to make money from something other than retail for the rest of my life. That was in June 2006. I just kept going since.
    And guess what was the reaction of the interviewer?

Wow. That is an amazing story. That definitely shows dedication and guts.
    There's a disclaimer that they don't recommend this... with a ;) (winky)

This Rachel Rofe's specialty is apparently write these $1 books on Amazon with junk content... and how to teach others to do the same.
    ---
    A MLM Skeptic (not a Cynic) covering scams, critical thinking, and psychology
    http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is the sort of "Expert" that's peddling "Internet Marketing"...

That's the digital/internet version of the old newspaper classified ad scams from 30-40 years ago.

"Make THOUSANDS stuffing envelopes from home in your spare time! Send stamped, self-addressed envelope and $1 to: ... "

You'd get your envelope returned with the following instructions:

"Place classified ads in newspapers stating:

Make THOUSANDS stuffing envelopes from home in your spare time! Send stamped, self-addressed envelope and $1 to: (your name/address)

Return envelope to sucker with a copy of these instructions"

SD

"No one in this world, so far as I know - and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me - has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people" - H. L. Mencken