Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paid2Save - value driven buying club or the next money game?

Post Thanks / Like

Paid2Save - value driven buying club or the next money game?

Paid2Save is an MLM buying club that is attracting a lot of attention from the same people who promoted BeepXtra, Flexkom, Lyoness, Zeek Rewards and other highly questionable MLM programs.

NOTE: I actually like a few of the programs being offer by the company but NOT at their price points.

The local merchant program appears to be of some value since it is FREE to the merchant. They do charge 10% of the transaction for the service. The competition in this space is huge. There are companies who can do the same thing for even less per transaction via their relationships with Master Charge and Visa.

One of the obvious problems with the typical MLM Model is pricing. If your plan pays multiple levels deep, the cost of the product or service has to be INCREASED in order to payout these commissions. The same problem holds true with the binary and matrix model.

Here is just one example:

Paid2Save offers 3 levels of membership:
    1. Travel Club - $14.95 per month
    Travel Portal
    Entertainment Portal
    Dining Discounts

2. Premium Club - $29.95 per month
    Travel Portal
    Entertainment Portal
    Dining Discounts
    Legal Plan
    Vision Discounts
    Pharmacy Discounts
    Dental Discounts

3. Ultimate Club - $49.95 per month
    Travel Portal
    Entertainment Portal
    Dining Discounts
    Legal Plan
    Vision Discounts
    Pharmacy Discounts
    Dental Discounts
    Teladoc

The ONLY difference between the Premium Club and Ultimate Club is the Teladoc service yet the cost is $20.00 per month more.

So, how much does Teladoc actually cost? I did a quick Google search and found this site: Pricing Options | Beth Israel now offers Teladoc

You can get the basic benefit FREE but the cost per Consult is $49.

Or, you can pay an extra $2.99 per month per person with the cost per Consult being $39.

Or, you can pay an extra $4.99 per month per FAMILY with the cost per Consult being $39.

Let's give Paid2Save the benefit of the doubt and say the Ultimate Club includes the entire FAMILY.

THE COMPANY MISSION STATEMENT (taken from their site)
    The Paid 2 Save Club Discounts are the backbone of our program. We help people save money everywhere, everyday. With our club discounts, customers can save money in a variety of different ways. An average family of four can expect to save several times more than they spend each and every month. Saving hundreds of dollars every month can equal thousands of dollars over the course of the year! These discounts range from everyday spending, to exotic vacations, restaurants and even that occasional visit to the dental office. Due to a struggling economy over the last 7 years, people have been conditioned to look for deals. Everyone wants the best rate. Our mission is to empower families to keep more and make more!

REALLY!

BOTTOM-LINE: Paid2Save charges an extra $20 to their members in order to access a $4.99 benefit.

If you knew this and were out peddling it to your friends, COULD YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?

2. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paid2Save - value driven buying club or the next money game?

Problem right off the bat is the title and it's the biggest give away. You are paid to recruit........not 'save'. Nobody is giving you money when you allegedly 'save'.

4. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

* * * * * NEWS FLASH * * * * *

APPLE PAY – – NEWS PUTS AN END TO THESE APP MLM DEALS

The feature is called Apple Pay, and it aims to revolutionize the “fairly antiquated payments process” we’re all used to by replacing it with a near field communication (NFC) antenna, Touch ID, Passbook, and something Apple is calling the Secure Element, a dedicated chip that stores encrypted payment information.
    Payments are broken, CEO Tim Cook said on stage today, and it’s exactly the kind of problem Apple is in the perfect position to fix.
    “This whole process is based on this little piece of plastic, whether its a credit or debit card,” Cook said on stage today. “We’re totally reliant on the exposed numbers, and the outdated and vulnerable magnetic interface — which by the way is five decades old — and the security codes which all of us know aren’t so secure.”

Apple has announced a slew of partners for Apple Pay, including Subway, McDonalds, Disney, Walgreens, Macy’s, Sephora, and of course, Apple’s 258 retail stores. Partners like Groupon, Uber, and Panera have also integrated Apple Pay to allow customers to pay from their apps without having to enter any payment information.

Now, consumers can bypass these MLM moneygames and get a better deal with less effort. And, Apple already has 800 million iTune customers and their credit card information on file.

BOOM!!! GOODBYE Paid2Save, Dubli, IQKonnect and all of the rest of these deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLM Broken Model View Post
    Paid2Save is an MLM buying club that is attracting a lot of attention from the same people who promoted BeepXtra, Flexkom, Lyoness, Zeek Rewards and other highly questionable MLM programs.

NOTE: I actually like a few of the programs being offer by the company but NOT at their price points.

The local merchant program appears to be of some value since it is FREE to the merchant. They do charge 10% of the transaction for the service. The competition in this space is huge. There are companies who can do the same thing for even less per transaction via their relationships with Master Charge and Visa.

One of the obvious problems with the typical MLM Model is pricing. If your plan pays multiple levels deep, the cost of the product or service has to be INCREASED in order to payout these commissions. The same problem holds true with the binary and matrix model.

Here is just one example:

Paid2Save offers 3 levels of membership:
    1. Travel Club - $14.95 per month
    Travel Portal
    Entertainment Portal
    Dining Discounts

2. Premium Club - $29.95 per month
    Travel Portal
    Entertainment Portal
    Dining Discounts
    Legal Plan
    Vision Discounts
    Pharmacy Discounts
    Dental Discounts

3. Ultimate Club - $49.95 per month
    Travel Portal
    Entertainment Portal
    Dining Discounts
    Legal Plan
    Vision Discounts
    Pharmacy Discounts
    Dental Discounts
    Teladoc

The ONLY difference between the Premium Club and Ultimate Club is the Teladoc service yet the cost is $20.00 per month more.

So, how much does Teladoc actually cost? I did a quick Google search and found this site: Pricing Options | Beth Israel now offers Teladoc

You can get the basic benefit FREE but the cost per Consult is $49.

Or, you can pay an extra $2.99 per month per person with the cost per Consult being $39.

Or, you can pay an extra $4.99 per month per FAMILY with the cost per Consult being $39.

Let's give Paid2Save the benefit of the doubt and say the Ultimate Club includes the entire FAMILY.

THE COMPANY MISSION STATEMENT (taken from their site)
    The Paid 2 Save Club Discounts are the backbone of our program. We help people save money everywhere, everyday. With our club discounts, customers can save money in a variety of different ways. An average family of four can expect to save several times more than they spend each and every month. Saving hundreds of dollars every month can equal thousands of dollars over the course of the year! These discounts range from everyday spending, to exotic vacations, restaurants and even that occasional visit to the dental office. Due to a struggling economy over the last 7 years, people have been conditioned to look for deals. Everyone wants the best rate. Our mission is to empower families to keep more and make more!

REALLY!

BOTTOM-LINE: Paid2Save charges an extra $20 to their members in order to access a $4.99 benefit.

If you knew this and were out peddling it to your friends, COULD YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?
    I am a pest control merchant who looked at Lyoness, who looked at Flexkom, and who looked at Savvi and I rejected all 3 because of the high cost per customer ratio and/or the high startup costs. I also looked at Groupon and traditional SEO services. The reason I looked is that I recruit. I recruit people with roaches. I recruit people with ants. I recruit people with spiders. I recruit people with termites. I even recruit people with no bugs who want to keep it that way. Every business I have ever seen recruits. In July I looked at Paid2Save as a way to recruit more people with or without bugs.

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because I couldn't find any other business that would bring new customers to my door for 10% of one transaction with no setup fees, no monthly fees, and no hardware or software fees.

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because yellow pages, my advertising method of choice for years, is dead.

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because I can't afford to give a 50% discount on Groupon and split the remaining 50% with them leaving me a 25% net.

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because I was shown how I can give the app to my 3200+ current customers, never pay a fee for them, and make 5% of each transaction fee they generate by shopping elsewhere on the app.

I then looked at the benefits of becoming a brand partner like it appears you have. I found a few discrepancies in your research and that is probably because their isn't much info out there. In all fairness I think we should look at them individually just like you did. First let's look at the 3 levels of membership. Your quoted prices are correct but 1 item is left out and 1 is incorrect. First, the back office for the brand partner is $12.95 per month. If a brand partner chooses the Ultimate Club, this fee is included. That decreases the monthly added cost of Teladoc to $7.05. The Teladoc program in Paid2Save is a family plan and it has no co-pays. To me that seems like a good price. As I calculate it, Paid2Save DOES NOT charge $20 for a $4.99 benefit. You also failed to mention that the Ultimate Club gives a $50 Restaurant.com gift card for the already mentioned $49.95. I eat out regularly, so as I see it, I am getting far more value than I am spending.

Another perk of becoming a brand partner as opposed to a free merchant was the commissions I would earn. As a free merchant, I make 5% of the transaction fee generated by my personally referred customers. As a paid merchant (Brand Partner), I will make 10% of the transaction fees from my customers plus a percentage of the fees generated by anyone they refer the app to also - and anyone they refer, and anyone they refer, and on and on. Word of Mouth advertising on steroids. My customers can also sign up their other favorite merchants for free and both they and I will get paid on the transaction fees that occur through the app at those merchants. I have paid my customers to advertise for me for years with referral fees - now my advertising company is paying them to do it for me.

As for the Apple Pay, what's the big deal. Only 14.8% of the market can utilize it.

I fully understand your negativity about all of the lotions and potions and drinks and pills that are marked up what seems like 400% to pay people for internal consumption. But don't automatically lump Paid2Save in with them simply because it has some similarities. All business share some similarities. This program works as a stand alone advertising model for business owners looking to break into the smartphone revolution with no up front money. This business model works for consumers who want to tap into 9000+ merchants nationwide for discounted shopping and incentivized sharing income. And this business model works for entrepreneurs looking to build a residual income with a company that is projecting a customer to brand partner ratio of greater than 10-1. If you or anyone else needs any more info to fill in the holes of your research, send me a message or post here. I look forward to watching this thread.

7. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I looked is that I recruit. I recruit people with roaches. I recruit people with ants. I recruit people with spiders. I recruit people with termites
    no, you don't. If you are a legitimate business owner, you are (hopefully) providing a service.

Every business I have ever seen recruits.
    No, they don't. that's got to be the most absurd statement I have ever seen as an excuse to join a scam.

If you really have 3200 customers, you don't need any help 'recruiting' people for your biz.

9. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why Terminex or Orkin didn't decide that 3200 customers were enough but instead kept recruiting customers and salespeople till they hit the 100,000+. In fact they are still recruiting. And yes, I do own a legitimate business with 3200+ customers looking for more; 3 trucks looking for more. Florida DACS license # JB6546. Every business in America operates in a highly competitive atmosphere and must always recruit new revenue to survive. You can be the best service company in the world and some of your customers will die, some will move away, some will go broke, and some will no longer have a need for your service. If you aren't recruiting to replace them then your business will die.

Whether you call it recruiting or prospecting or canvasing, any successful business will always looking for new growth in my opinion.

When you make this statement "Problem right off the bat is the title and it's the biggest give away. You are paid to recruit........not 'save'. Nobody is giving you money when you allegedly 'save' ", it is obvious that you haven't bothered to even look at the business model. This is the quick version of how a person can get paid to "Save". Every time a purchase occurs within app and generates a transaction charge, 60% of that transaction charge is paid to the field. That payment can go to free merchants, free connectors, paid brand partners, or any combination of the above.

Is the MLM model broken? Yes, horribly so. Does that mean every company in the industry is corrupt? Absolutely not. When a company is corrupt, this board does a great service by alerting others to the problem but I believe that y'all have got a little sloppy here by lumping this company in with everyone else and you haven't properly looked at all of the details.
    Last edited by BugDoc; 09-15-2014 at 08:59 PM.

11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nobody 'recruits' customers. That is a laughable justification of joining a scam. If you are any good at your business, you could easily have 10% of your alleged customer refer you to others without even asking. One gets 'new growth' by performing a worthwhile service for a reasonable price. It's just that simple. Nothing a real company does can even remotely be called 'recruiting' no matter how much you want it to be so. You are only using it as a buzzword to try and get people to join the scam under you.

MLM never works. Someone will always lose money whether they try to or not. I will never buy an mlm 'product' so that guarantees that at least someone will lose. You are losing yours now and that's why you are here to try and justify this scam.

13. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed BugDoc. Time to do some digging and look at all the details. Who's in? I was getting bored with Flexkom's sinking ship anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    If you are any good at your business, you could easily have 10% of your alleged customer refer you to others without even asking.
    I am and I do. I personally am not satisfied with 10% growth. We are at 42% year to date and looking to break 50% by year end.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip;76226MLM never works. Someone [U
    will[/U] always lose money whether they try to or not. I will never buy an mlm 'product' so that guarantees that at least someone will lose. You are losing yours now and that's why you are here to try and justify this scam.
    I think we are beginning to get to the bottom of your prejudice. You apparently have tried and lost so it has become your mission to defame all the mlm companies "like" the one(s) that got you. Do you realize that 95% of all small businesses fail? The same percentage as mlm'ers who fail. Is that a reason to destroy the small business marketplace? NO! Businesses and people fail for the same reasons and there are too many reasons to list. Some common ones are that:

1.People treat both like a lottery ticket - just open the doors and get out the deposit book
    2.People fail to properly plan ahead
    3.People fail to follow their plan
    4.People lack perseverance
    5.People have the misfortune of being "took" by a bad person

There are legitimate products, legitimate services, and legitimate companies in both marketplaces. I am proud to have a thriving business in both. It takes a lot of hard work, but it is worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Agreed BugDoc. Time to do some digging and look at all the details. Who's in? I was getting bored with Flexkom's sinking ship anyway.
    Sent you a PM with the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BugDoc View Post

I think we are beginning to get to the bottom of your prejudice. You apparently have tried and lost so it has become your mission to defame all the mlm companies "like" the one(s) that got you. Do you realize that 95% of all small businesses fail? The same percentage as mlm'ers who fail. Is that a reason to destroy the small business marketplace? NO! Businesses and people fail for the same reasons and there are too many reasons to list. Some common ones are that:
    Oh deary me,

we have yet another bright eyed and bushy tailed MLM newbie quoting directly from the : "MLM Cliches 101" handbook

"We are beginning to get to the bottom of your prejudice"
    Prejudice against what ??Pseudo MLMs ?? You got that right. Endless chain / pyramid schemes ?? Right on

"You apparently have tried and lost"
    Apparent ?? Apparent to whom ??

How incredibly patronizing of you to assume someone is not clever or bright enough to spot the flaws in an MLM opportunity without having "tried and lost" at MLM.

Let me develop your theory a little further.

I have never "tried and lost" at climbing Mount Everest in my underpants in midwinter, but, I can pick the flaws in any plan to do so with unerring accuracy.

"Do I realize that 95% of all small businesses fail?" No, I don't and, for a very good reason. You, like virtually every other MLM newbie a) never provide proof of your contention and b) are simply parroting something you've been told.

Is that a reason to destroy the small business marketplace? Who is doing that, prey tell ??

Warning people about the pitfalls behind pseudo MLMs is hardly "destroying the small business marketplace"

"Businesses and people fail for the same reasons" Absolute, straight-out-of-the-MLM-excuse-book bullshit. For one very good reason. We're not talking about "people and businesses" we're talking about the Paid2Save, pyramid in disguise, pseudo MLM which is mathematically guaranteed to fail at least 90% of the "people" who attempt the "business"

Pyramid or endless chain recruiting schemes are illegal for a reason, not because some legislator or bureaucrat made an arbitrary decision to ban them.

They are illegal BECAUSE they are guaranteed to fail and their whole existence is based on lies and deceit.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

18. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OzSoapbox reviewed the Paid2Save Discount Card Program back in April 2013 on his excellent BEHIND.MLM blog

Admittedly, given the time lapse since Oz' review, there may have been changes in the Paid2Save business plan, but, that notwithstanding, Oz concluded:

Conclusion

The major red flag with the Paid 2 Save MLM business opportunity lies with the so-called product range the company offers.

In short, offering a discount or “discount card” as it were the case here is not a viable product in MLM. Moreso when the discount applies to the services and products of third-party vendors.

It is noted that Paid 2 Save affiliates do not earn commission on the recruitment of new affiliates (provided they aren’t misled to believing that a discount card membership is required, however as far as demonstrating a tangible product or service goes, a discount card is a hard sell.

Nobody gets paid in Pay 2 Save unless customers (or affiliates if they sign up to the discount card program) buys a non-affiliate discount card membership, the red flag is in how Paid 2 Save pay out their commissions.

They’re essentially generating commissions on the sale of access to discounts.

Furthermore if we look at the two discount membership options available, Premium ($29.95 a month) and Ultimate ($159.95 for the first month, $29.95 thereafter), it’s hard not to question the actual value of the Ultimate Membership, given that after the first month it costs the same as the Premium Membership.

Harder still when you consider you’re trying to peg a value to access to discounts rather than actual discounts themselves.

If the increase in cost is purely to cover increased commission payouts to affiliates via the compensation plan, then there’s not really much additional value being provided to the end-customer. On paper it’s access to more discounts but in real dollar terms, it’s a question mark.

All in all I believe the legitimacy of Paid 2 Save rests on their product line and being a discount card that merely provides access to discounts, there’s an obvious distinction to be made here between tangible products and services and Paid 2 Save’s discount card.
    You can read the full review here on BEHIND.MLM.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the usual suspect HYIP ponzi players have made up their mind as to whether Paid2Save is legitimate or a money game and decided it really doesn't matter what it WAS, because now, it IS:

21. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Talkgold HYIP ponzi forum players didn't think much of the Paid2Save "opportunity" either, it seems.

The usual over-the-top introductory post, three more posts (2 of them from the OP who introduced it) then nothing more since March 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Looks like the usual suspect HYIP ponzi players have made up their mind as to whether Paid2Save is legitimate or a money game and decided it really doesn't matter what it WAS, because now, it IS:

Do you even bother to read the details of what you post about? You point to a post by a brand partner that was posted the day the doors opened on a website that had it listed as closed. It was listed as closed because it had never opened until that day. It also was NOT listed as an HYIP ponzi but was listed under "MLM, Direct Selling,, Referral and Network MArketing". The post was an announcement of the opening of Paid2Save by an excited brand partner, not even close to what you described.

As for Oz, I always read what Oz has to say and I respect his opinion greatly. I read his article before joining Paid2Save because he ALWAYS researches comp plans, marketing plans, terms / conditions and products before writing his articles of opinion. I compared his notes with the current published comp plan, marketing plan, terms / conditions and products then concluded that it was no longer relevant because the company had evolved so much in the 15 months after Oz's article that it could not be applied to the current business model. Perhaps he will do an update.

Your contributions here could be far more relevant if you would do a little more research and go beyond the titles. It appears all you are doing is Googling for dirt and posting what you find without ever looking at the facts. Hopefully I'm wrong. That being said, I took my own advice and researched more deeply my disagreeable stats.

I said 95% of all small business fail. WRONG - Forbes quotes Bloomberg in this article stating 8 out of 10 fail. Five Reasons 8 Out Of 10 Businesses Fail - Forbes Other research places the rate at closer to 60%. The number one reason given is most often incompetence. To the contrary there is also research that puts MLM failure in the 50-60% range. I concede that it appears to be a pointless argument.

I asked is that a reason to to destroy the small business marketplace? MISUNDERSTOOD - I was pointing out that no one routinely posts on websites declaring all small businesses are bad because 80% fail but they do for mlm businesses. Take your posts for example.

You said "We're not talking about "people and businesses" we're talking about the Paid2Save, pyramid in disguise, pseudo MLM which is mathematically guaranteed to fail at least 90% of the "people" who attempt the "business"

Pyramid or endless chain recruiting schemes are illegal for a reason, not because some legislator or bureaucrat made an arbitrary decision to ban them.

They are illegal BECAUSE they are guaranteed to fail and their whole existence is based on lies and deceit."

Pretty heavy statement that has all appearances of taking one company's name and plugging it into a predetermined bias against an industry.

I go back to the beginning where I said that the first reason I came to Paid2Save was because it worked as an advertising venue for my brick and mortar small business. If you would like to research it to the level Oz does, all of the documents can be found here: Paid 2 Save Network

24. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    The Talkgold HYIP ponzi forum players didn't think much of the Paid2Save "opportunity" either, it seems.

The usual over-the-top introductory post, three more posts (2 of them from the OP who introduced it) then nothing more since March 2013

SAME poster, SAME post, SAME worthless googled non-applicable dirt. SAME waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.....you are wasting your time. and money. You aren't going to get any back.
    And much like flexcom, there is no reason to pay to give customers a discount that you can give out yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you even bother to read the details of what you post about? You point to a post by a brand partner that was posted the day the doors opened on a website that had it listed as closed. It was listed as closed because it had never opened until that day. It also was NOT listed as an HYIP ponzi but was listed under "MLM, Direct Selling,, Referral and Network MArketing". The post was an announcement of the opening of Paid2Save by an excited brand partner, not even close to what you described.
    See ??

In your hurry to prove yourself right, you missed the point and exposed your naivety and lack of experience in the field of guaranteed-to-fail pseudo MLMs

It's the MMG HYIP PONZI, the Talkgold HYIP PONZI and DreamTeam Money HYIP PONZI forums we are talking about here.

They don't "do" real businesses.

In fact, everything else aside, the fact Paid2Save appears on the "usual suspect" HYIP PONZI forums is probably the biggest red flag of all when considering a new opportunity.

It's 2014. Google rules.

Like it or not, your potential marketplace is heavily restricted, not only because the get-rich-quick and ponzi players have got hold of P2S, but, also by the fact those behind P2S have allowed it to remain associated with the HYIP ponzi world.

(FYI, a new Paid2Save thread was started on the DreamTeam Money forum as late as August 06 this year)

HINT: Don't expect to find "proof" of the legitimacy or otherwise of any MLM program. on an internet forum or blog.

Look instead for a series of "clues" or "red flags"

If you think that Paid2Save is going to be that one legitimate program among hundreds of thousands of guaranteed to fail programs on the usual suspect HYIP ponzi forums, then go for it

Sell the farm, cash in your retirement funds.

28. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My customers can also sign up their other favorite merchants for free and both they and I will get paid on the transaction fees that occur through the app at those merchants. I have paid my customers to advertise for me for years with referral fees - now my advertising company is paying them to do it for me.
    I always enjoy when new people show up so welcome.

Without going any further or doing a whole lot of work on P2S, this sounds like every other MLM, Pseudo MLM, or recruiting gimmick out there. Everyone will want this and the dollars will flow like fine wine. So I went to the site and right away I see NO merchants. OK I'M DONE. Enter a code, listen to a video, NOPE JUST DONE. I don't want a dental discount card, legal plan, or time shareish sort of a thing. What I really don't want is this stuff rolled up in a third party wrapper where I get to overpay for things I already feel I am overpaying for just so some network marketer can earn passive income.

That's just me, 33% coffee, 33% bacon, and 34% hate of all things scammy. So there you go, I am sure it will be a big hit with the kids.

The problem with "MLM" if this is even that is it has a 99% failure rate, not 90, or 95, 99%. We can play with the numbers with an odd 4% in some MLM programs making something before expenses. The fact remains, one could do almost anything else business or J.O.B. and make more, much more money than MLM.

================================================== ========
    Pyramid Scheme Alert

A statistical analysis of income disclosures made by 10 major multi-level marketing (MLM) companies and the largest of all MLMs, Amway/Quixtar, reveals that, on average, 99% of all participants received less than $10 a week in commissions, before all expenses. Additionally, the report shows that on average no net income is earned by MLM distributors from door to door "retail" sales. Total losses of the participants exceed $5 billion each year, if only the entry fees, basic business expenses, marketing "tool" purchases and the pyramid commission portion of their product purchases (about 40% of their purchase price) are totalled

================================================== ========

I fully understand your negativity about all of the lotions and potions and drinks and pills that are marked up what seems like 400% to pay people for internal consumption.

If you or anyone else needs any more info to fill in the holes of your research, send me a message or post here. I look forward to watching this thread.
    If I were in the bug business I would look to expanding via Bed Bug eradication. I saw what I thought was a pretty neat franchise using portable heaters that could be deployed in apartment or condo complexes. While I can appreciate the need to market your business, I would almost think an association with "MLM" would have the opposite effect. When I have a bug contractor at my place, I don't want a pitch of 10% off tattooing. If I call a bug guy, I want a bug guy not a travel agent who also happens to BOGO Burritos.

Just look at how much time you spent posting here about the "program", don't want that just send my roaches packing.

This will implode or linger on life support like a zillion other also-ran programs, if it was meant to be taken seriously it would have been marketed seriously.
    Last edited by ribshaw; 09-16-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

30. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because I couldn't find any other business that would bring new customers to my door for 10% of one transaction with no setup fees, no monthly fees, and no hardware or software fees.

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because yellow pages, my advertising method of choice for years, is dead.

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because I can't afford to give a 50% discount on Groupon and split the remaining 50% with them leaving me a 25% net.

I joined Paid2Save as a merchant because I was shown how I can give the app to my 3200+ current customers, never pay a fee for them, and make 5% of each transaction fee they generate by shopping elsewhere on the app.

I then looked at the benefits of becoming a brand partner like it appears you have.
    P2S is going to have to do a lot better than this if you expect them to drive traffic to your door...

The Bug Doctor.JPG

I will let that sink in for a second as I assume that one of the "official" P2S sites, but how am I to know with so many affiliates gobbling up the web telling me how much business I can make?
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff

Post Thanks / Like

One of the other things about researching opportunities is it takes time, yet so many are the same. So let's call this a few more things to hate about MLM, not just P2S

Here is a link to what I believe to be the "official" distributor agreement. http://viralmarketing.paid2save.com/docs/policy.pdf

Right off the bat, if someone told me I was going to be an "Independent Contractor" and then handed me a 20 page contract to sign after I stopped laughing, I would leave. I could see some basic non-disclosure, non-poaching language, but these agreements always border on silly, and not silly in your favor as an affiliate.

Starting with the money, despite looking at a bazillion affiliate sites with claims of income, I saw no income disclosures as required by the company T&C. In fact, it looks like the company's own link is
    broken. Right off the bat, what are we left to conclude if a company will not even police its own affiliates?

SECTION 3 INCOME DISCLOSURE POLICY
    In an effort to conduct best business practices,
    P2SNhas developed the IncomeDisclosureStatement (“IDS”). The P2SN IDS is designed to convey truthful, timely, and comprehensiveinformation regarding the income that P2SN
    Members earn. In order to accomplish this objective, a copy of the IDS must be presented to all prospective Members. A copy of the IDS must be presented to a prospective
    Member(someone who is not a party to a current P2SN MemberAgreement) anytime the Compensation Plan is presented or discussed, or any type of income claim or earnings representation is made.

The terms “income claim” and/or “earnings representation” (collectively “income claim”) include: (1) statements of average earnings, (2) statements of non - average earnings, (3) statements of earnings ranges, (4) income testimonials, (5) lifestyle claims, and (6) hypothetical claims. Examples of “statements of non - average earnings” include, “Our number one Member
    earned over a million dollars last year” or “Our average ranking Member makes five thousand per month.” An example of a “statement of earnings ranges” is “The monthly income for our higher ranking Member s is ten thousand dollars on the low end to thirty thousand dollars a month on the high end.” In any meeting that is open to the public in which the Compensation Plan is discussed or any type of income claim is made, you must provide every prospective Member with a copy of the IDS. Copies of the IDS may be printed or downloaded without charge from the company website at
    www.paid2savenetwork.com/IDS.

================================================

We get the income disclosure and see that less than 1% are making any real money. Let's say you are that in 1% and suddenly as distributors with other companies have found you start getting screwed? By signing the agreement the affiliate has taken on what can only be considered asymmetric risk.

You are an independent contractor.

Prior to selling a P2SN business, the selling Member must notify P2SN’s Compliance department of their intent to sell the P2SN business

SECTION 9 DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS

in the sole discretion of the Company

If mediation is unsuccessful, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the
    Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by confidential arbitration administered by
    the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment
    on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction
    thereof.

Well sort of:

MUST BE BROUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURT

Terms of Use - Paid2Save

NO CLASS ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY
    GENERAL ACTION OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF
    ANOTHER PERSON OR CLASS OF CLAIMANTS SHALL BE ALLOWABLE.

SECTION 10 –EFFECT OF CANCELLATION
    Following a member’s non-continuation of his or her Member Agreement, cancellation for inactivity, or voluntary or involuntary cancellation (termination) of his or
    her Member Agreement (all of these methods are collectively referred to as “Cancellation”), the former member shall have no right, title, claim or interest to the
    down line organization which he or she operated, or any commission or bonus from the sales generated by the organization.

33. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ponzi scheme explained in this video. Nothing new. Just your typical almost too complicated to understand for a reason comp plan with several different bonuses. The app is just a cover.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddAyqgN9DTg

35. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paid2Save management
    you must provide every prospective Member with a copy of the IDS. Copies of the IDS may be printed or downloaded without charge from the company website atwww.paid2savenetwork.com/IDS.

Well, big help that was(n't)

Post Thanks / Like

I am a pest control merchant who looked at Lyoness, who looked at Flexkom, and who looked at Savvi and I rejected all 3 because of the high cost per customer ratio and/or the high startup costs. I also looked at Groupon and traditional SEO services. The reason I looked is that I recruit. I recruit people with roaches. I recruit people with ants. I recruit people with spiders. I recruit people with termites. I even recruit people with no bugs who want to keep it that way. Every business I have ever seen recruits. In July I looked at Paid2Save as a way to recruit more people with or without bugs.
    Exactly! The reason why most people are joining these deals is because they GetPaid2Recruit.

This product has little to no value to the actual consumer. How many customers (that are not also distributors) have you signed up?

This reminds me of another money-game that was popular back in 1992 called Consumers Buyline. And, they used a similar marketing plan which later was changed because it was not in compliance with at least 8 AG offices. It was determined almost ALL DISTRIBUTORS were also CUSTOMERS and the opposite was also true. That is a recruit-driven money game model, plain and simple.

From what I can tell, and after doing a ton of research, Paid2Save is just another excuse to move money between friends - in other words: An Illegal Pyramid Scheme. IMHO

38. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are a legitimate business, who's picking up the tab after this collapses? Your customers are going to expect something that was promised.