Thanks Thanks:  0
LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

View Poll Results: After viewing the video in the first post, what do you think?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sacred service worthy

0 0%
  • Next American Idol Winners

0 0%
  • A total abomination

1 33.33%
  • I must be having a daymare

1 33.33%
  • No wonder they are not paid

1 33.33%
  • Fire the church music minister yesterday

1 33.33%
  • Bad karaoke on Sunday morning.....

0 0%
  • Please, just shoot me now!

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastridge Park Christian Church / The Park Christian Community Church / Jerry Cornish / Pastor Scott Wooddell

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Eastridge Park Christian Church / The Park Christian Community Church / Jerry Cornish / Pastor Scott Wooddell

Eastridge Park Christian Church with Pastor Scott Wooddell and Music Minister Jerry Cornish are the inspiration for this lovely thread. Perhaps, I should have titled it how to implode your church.

Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Eastridge Park Christian Church / The Park Christian Community Church / Jerry Cornish / Pastor Scott Wooddell

Eastridge Park Christian Church

187 Videos 5 Followers 0 Likes

Most of the recent videos posted on Vimeo and linked on the church's website and Twitter account have had 0 (as in no) views. The church has gone from 2200 members to less than 200. Pastor Scott Wooddell and his Music Minister Jerry Cornish are running people off and that church has gone from dying to collapsing. There are wonderful people there who love that church and I want to help them save it. It is time for open and honest sharing.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 12-06-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    Anyone needing assistance please feel free to use this e-mail in addition to the PM system here to contact me: soapboxmom@hotmail.com

Dallas College Richland Campus Music Advising Derrick Logozzo / Melissa Logan / Not NASM Accredited / Out of State Tuition Nightmare!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Eastridge Park Christian Church / The Park Christian Community Church / Jerry Cornish / Pastor Scott Wooddell

I went to the church leadership with grave concerns about the music ministry and the gay bashing music director and the response was retaliation, including this lie-filled email from the pastor to me and many members of the choir and church.

Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:41 AM
    To: Esmithcpa; Anna Belia; Rita Huddleston; Scott Wooddell; Brenda and Eddie Johnson; clyvonne021449@; Joshahenderson; Jerry Cornish; Glenda Burgess; rudym57@; Deborah Oxford; Geisler, Jane (NBCUniversal); Gail McAda; vdgtoya@; Annie Drain; jackhenderson2012@; Linda Slejko; Wayne Knowles; utdmack@; david.mccoy@; Heather Dobrott; Bradeames; Barbara VanVessem
    Subject: Choir and Music

Heather said she was leaving the church if Joy resigned. Joy resigned over a week ago. Heather has left the church, yet continues sending emails. She is not a member and never gave financially to EPCC. She has no vested interest in the well being of our church. Her divisive, demeaning and derogatory comments are contrary to our Christian faith. Our faith teaches us to love, support, and encourage each other and strive for unity, Hopefully we can put this behind us and move forward serving the Lord together.
    The Scriptures speak directly to this in Ephesians 6:10-18.
    Pastor Scott

--
    --

Dr. Scott Wooddell |Senior Minister
    P972-279-7201 M 817-201-3698
    Escott@eastridgepark.com
    Wwww.eastridgepark.com
    A 2701 Town East Blvd. Mesquite, TX 75150
    Edited to add that I posted this on the church's Facebook page earlier today and now I can't reply as it seems the page was removed. If the pastor had no problem sending out this lie-filled rant to his flock why is it not worthy of being posted? Is he not willing to stand behind what he said???
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 12-06-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got attacked for sharing the following as well. I talked to numerous people that had concerns about the music ministry as I did. I said flat out if the Music Minister Jerry Cornish ran off yet another organist that I was out the door with my music colleague.

Professional organist wrote:
    Dear Edith,

My apologies to you for being a week late in sending this letter of resignation. I am sorry that I even have to write this letter. The first time that I played as a substitute organist at Eastridge Park Christian Church, I determined that I never would return. I had been so poorly treated by the director of music that I left feeling highly disturbed and very much insulted. However, I could see immediately that this was a music program that was in a world of trouble. Therefore, when Jerry Cornish asked me if I would again substitute soon after, I relented and came back. He contacted me a few times over the next two months, and I told him I was not available to play for him again until September 1. I knew nothing of the history of the church, how long Mr. Cornish had been there, his qualifications to direct, or anything else. My bad. I should have done my homework and followed my first inclination to not return, because within a few minutes of the first choir rehearsal, it was clear that I was working with someone who is totally ignorant in all aspects of the field of church music. To be ignorant of a subject is not a crime, but to pretend that one is knowledgeable and competent, and then to not be able to acknowledge the truth about one's capabilities, is to shamelessly lie.

To continue to take orders from someone clearly incapable of giving sensible direction in a job that is my area of expertise is excruciatingly painful. A person with my level of education in this field follows protocols. I will not risk my professional reputation to follow the whims of a very insensitive, inexperienced, smug and tasteless director. To do so is akin to an experienced obstetrician taking direction and orders from a country, self-trained mid-wife. I have not come this far in my profession to submit to such treatment. And I am fully aware that the last meeting I attended with you was engineered to force my resignation, because it is clear that Jerry does not want anyone working in the music department who has credentials that he himself does not possess. And it is very sad that the top leader in the church, meaning the Pastor, refuses to admit that there are severe deficiencies, and would apparently risk losing his entire church over the silliness that the director introduces on a weekly basis.

I am not leaving because the distance I travel is too great, or even because the church leaders claim that they want to go to a more contemporary service. I have done plenty of contemporary services, I have done plenty of blended services. But the services I have attended at EPCC are not contemporary or blended. They are a complete disaster, lacking appropriateness, dignity, and preparation. There is not one piece of music that I have refused to play, but the quality of 99% of the music I have performed with the choir and the congregation has been very poor.. It is not my lack of cooperation in the music that has caused me to resign. I resigned because I was blindsided about Isabel, or anyone else, playing the piano while I play the organ. There are a myriad of reasons why this is not a good idea. I worked with Jerry for at least six weeks, allowing this to take place, and I quietly went along with the program. Jerry knew how I felt about it, but refused to make any concessions on his part. That, alone, is the mark of a very poor leader. The level of cooperation and respect that I was shown was zero. Both Jerry and the Pastor are completely ignorant about what it takes to introduce and maintain a contemporary service, or about proper musical procedures in any type of service. I cannot work in such an atmosphere of ignorance.

I was very happy with my relationship with the choir, and my contacts with members of the congregation were delightful. It was their love and appreciation that kept me coming, even though I knew my term of service was rapidly turning into a losing proposition. I will always remember the warmth and kindnesses extended to me.

You may not be happy with the content of this letter, but I have been completely honest, and with no wish to offend. I pray that God will be with each member of the Eastridge Park Christian Church community.

Sincerely,
    Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 11:50 AM
    Subject: Re: RE: FW: Resignation Letter EPCC #1

You are way out of line. You are not a member of our church. You should not be threatening us.

Edith E. Smith

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 11:24 AM
    To:
    Subject: Re: FW: Resignation Letter EPCC #1

Heather,

This letter should not be sent to anyone except the personnel committee. Please stop sending this in your effort to destroy our church.

Edith
    Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 12:31 PM
    To:
    Subject: J

Dear Unity Choir,

You may have received an e-mail, text or phone call from one or more persons yesterday regarding J's resignation that was inaccurate and misleading. I am sending this e-mail to give you the facts regarding J's resignation.

Pastor Scott, Brad Eames (Chair of the Board) and myself (Vice-chair of the board & chair of personnel) decided that we needed to meet with J due to some issues that had come to our attention and see if we could work them out. We met yesterday after church. Pastor Scott, Brad and I first met with Jerry Cornish to discuss the issues. Jerry, being the gracious and positive person that he is, was willing to try to continue working with J on these issues. He then left the meeting and J joined the meeting. To help you understand the situation, our leadership and elders have a plan to revitalize our church and get it back on track to a church that is growing in numbers and growing in the spirit of God. J was not on board with portions of this plan and chose to resign, rather than to compromise. We parted on good terms. Let me be clear that Jerry had nothing to do with her resignation.

I am asking that if you know of anyone that is spreading rumors or talking negatively about our church and church staff, please ask them to stop.

Please keep our music ministry and EPCC in your prayers as we progress through the revitalization of EPCC.

In Christ,

Edith Smith
    Why should that resignation letter that is truthful be secret? The lies, incompetence and abuse are what are destroying that church. Edith has been caught lying and she thinks she can bully everyone into silence when it is quite obvious that Jerry Cornish has been running off the organists. I will not be silenced.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 12-30-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

https://www.facebook.com/EastridgeParkChristianChurchIsAbusive/posts/160214801382398

Jerry Cornish resume fraud. How many total lies? Choral, vocal, choral conducting, singing, jazz........ and not a graduate of SMU!!!

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/…/dictionary/english/alumni

"alumniplural noun us ​ /əˈlʌmˌnɑɪ/

men and women who have completed their studies, esp. at a college or university:
    a reunion of Yale alumni of the class of 1990
    Vassar alumni"
    Alumni US | Southern Methodist University, Dallas/Fort Worth Area
    Jerry Cornish alumnus photo
    Jerry Cornish

Mesquite, Texas
    Piano Instructor at Creek Crossing Music Studio
    Music
    Skills:
    Piano Teacher, Church Music, Accompanying, Accompaniment, Piano, Choral, Keyboards, Music Theory, Music, Classical, Music Education, Ear Training, Composition, Piano Education, Sight Reading, Band, Music History, Chamber Music, Contemporary Music, Orchestral Music, Conducting, Ensemble, Musical Theatre, Orchestration, Finale, Vocal, Sibelius, Pianist, Musicology, Singing, Musicians, Music Technology, Jazz, Teaching, Music Performance, Piano Playing, Choral Conducting

Education:
    Southern Methodist University 1992 – 1992

Phillips University 1982 – 1987
    Bachelor of Music Education, Piano
    Experience:
    Texas Music Teachers Association June 2014 – Present
    Eastfield College September 2012 – Present
    El Centro College January 2011 – Present
    Grace Episcopal Church February 2010 – Present
    Creek Crossing Music Studio 2006 – Present
    Creek Crossing Music Studio January 2005 – Present
    Texas Music Teachers Association August 2011 – June 2014

Alumni US | Southern Methodist University, Dallas/Fort Worth Area
    Graduates of Southern Methodist University - the names, photos, skill, job, location. Information on the Southern Methodist University - contacts, students, faculty,…
    alumnius.net

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post

Eastridge Park Christian Church with Pastor Scott Wooddell and Music Minister Jerry Cornish are the inspiration for this lovely thread. Perhaps, I should have titled it how to implode your church.

What the ..........................???
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

https://probe.org/abusive-churches-leaving-them-behind/
    .....First, does the leadership invite dialogue, advice, evaluation, and questions from outside its immediate circle? Authoritarian pastors are threatened by any diverse opinions whether from inside or outside the group. Group members are discouraged from asking hard questions. The rule is, don’t ask questions and don’t make waves. A healthy pastor welcomes even tough questions, whereas in an unhealthy church disagreement with the pastor is considered disloyalty and is virtually equal to disobeying God. Spiritual language is used to disguise the manipulation that is going on. Questioners are labeled rebellious, insubordinate, and disruptive to the harmony of the body. Attempts are made to shut them down. The only way to succeed is to go along with the agenda, support the leaders, scorn those who disagree.

Second, is there a system of accountability or does the pastor keep full control? Authoritarian pastors do not desire a system of accountability. They may have a board but it consists of yes-men whom he ultimately selects......

Fifth, does the group encourage independent thinking, developing discernment skills, and creation of new ideas? Abusive churches resort to using pressure to have followers conform, and there is a low tolerance for any kind of difference in belief.....

See More

Abusive Churches: Leaving Them Behind – A Biblical Perspective
    How do we overcome an abusive church experience? Although the scars are deep, there is hope for healing and wholeness. Learn some insightful counsel that will…
    probe.org
    I left Eastridge Park Christian Church due to the abuse and Pastor Scott made sure I knew I was no longer welcome. I will be speaking out!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post

What the ..........................???
    Bad karaoke on Sunday morning.....

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

https://relevantmagazine.com/…/its-time-address-spiritual-a…
    ....what we need to improve on is recognizing the subtle emotional and psychological abuse......
    1. CULTIVATE AN OPEN ATMOSPHERE
    A MAJOR PART OF CREATING AN OPEN ATMOSPHERE IN CHURCH IS TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE SYSTEMS OF ACCOUNTABILITY IN PLACE FOR EVERYONE IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS....BUT ALONG WITH ACCOUNTABILITY, THERE NEEDS TO BE A WILLINGNESS FOR CHURCH LEADERSHIP TO LISTEN TO CONGREGANTS. I WOULD SAY THAT MANY CHRISTIANS DO NOT FEEL THAT THERE IS ROOM TO EXPRESS THEIR HONEST OPINION IN THEIR CHURCH ATMOSPHERE.... IF GRACE, TRUTH AND HONESTY ARE COMMON PRACTICES AND TOPICS OF DISCUSSION IN YOUR CHURCH, THEN PEOPLE WILL BE MUCH MORE WILLING TO COME FORWARD ABOUT THEIR OWN EXPERIENCES....
    2. ALTER YOUR PERSPECTIVE
    SOMETIMES WE GET SO CAUGHT UP IN OUR ROUTINES AND TRADITIONS, THAT WE HAVE STOPPED ANALYZING THEM TO SEE IF THEY ARE APPROPRIATE OR EFFECTIVE....
    3. LISTEN WITH SINCERITY
    NOT ONLY IS IT IMPORTANT TO SET MEASURE IN PLACE TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO COME FORWARD, BUT THE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS TO FEEL THAT THEY ARE BEING TAKEN SERIOUSLY.....

It’s Time to Address Spiritual Abuse in the Church
    There are a lot of issues the Church doesn’t talk about. We allow these unspoken problems to sit alongside us like regular members of the congregation, and refuse to acknowledge them. Spiritual abuse is one of these issues that has been sitting…
    relevantmagazine.com
    Eastridge Park should take note. There is a reason that the membership has plummeted and the choir has gone from around 40 members to less than half that in 3 years.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The church's Music Minister, Jerry Cornish, has no choral, vocal or sacred music background and has also been fraudulaently passing himself off as qualified to teach jazz piano:

Please see the following texts exchange:
    I wrote: We have a huge mess on our hands. As you know, Richland is hoping they will have a spot for a second hour a week with the jazz piano teacher, Brad Williams in the spring. Right now all they could do was to recommend a book and Russian volunteer a student to help her. The professors have noticed that she has been taught no jazz techniques and told her not to go back to your studio.

Jerry Cornish answered: Yikes! Lately we’ve been working on the Christmas music and the scales. She’s welcome to come in for more that if you would like.

Student wrote: The jazz band teacher had to pull me out of class on Monday and take me into a practice room to go over the pieces because I’m struggling so much. My private lesson teacher had instructed me to not go back to your studio. The jazz band teacher also doesn’t want you helping me. My instructors quizzed me and they didn’t feel I had any jazz instruction and they didn’t understand why you were pulling stuff up on YouTube and not just sight reading the music off the page. They also felt the church music was inappropriate and they asked me to stop.

Jerry Cornish answered: So excited for you! High school jazz is kind of dipping your toe in the water, but now it sounds like you’re going to jump all in! Where as we work piece by piece here so you would feel comfortable with your jazz band pieces, now you’re going to be a real hip jazz player.
    It’s standard to not have two teachers for one piece, and now that you’re in to the Jazz department, you should definitely stick with that program exclusively.
    You are in the big kid world now and I feel that you’re totally up to it!

I responded: Her high school performed at close to a professional level with the Dallas Jazz Orchestra and the like. These kids were competing for scholarships.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Music Minister, Jerry Cornish, is so gauche that he posted the choir's offering to God at a sacred service on Sunday on Youtube under comedy. Those dear singers are being led by someone who has no vocal, choral or sacred music background and due to his incompetence they sound awful, but to label their offering to God a comedy is beyond reprehensible:

Music that bad will cause members to continue to leave in droves. Offerings to God may be humble, but just plain bad and not well prepared is inexcusable.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess they believe in making a "Joyful Noise" literally.
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I guess they believe in making a "Joyful Noise" literally.
    Yeah, p-a-i-n-f-u-l, joyful!
    It seems like in this "industry" common sense is not all that common!

15. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:08 PM
    To: Heather Dobrott
    Subject: The new Wednesday ensemble

Heather,

I hope you will come sing with us in this new ensemble. You are an anchor in voice and with your knowledge and your helpful and encouraging spirit.

Jerry
    Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:13 PM
    Subject: Re: EPCC Music Ministry

Heather,

Thank you, thank you for these good comments. I have been coming to some of the same conclusions and find your insights right on target.

My family is rushing out the door and we have one car so I'd like to talk more with you about it.

In short, I always come out ahead when I take your advice and I plan to do that now. You see things clearly. I'm planning now how to make adjustments at the last minute when the plan isn't coming together. The songs are scheduled way ahead of time, usually, and I need to have some ways to evaluate and bail out when there are late changes such as players who are absent from rehearsals too much and singers who can't or don't show up for the performances.

You are my best counselor and feedback person. Please, please considering going through this thinking with me. And postponing the break if I can convince you to consider it. This could be my chance to change for the better for the benefit of the church, especially with your experience and reality thinking as input.

Jerry

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Heather Dobrott <hdobrott@gmail.com> wrote:
    Dear Jerry,

I wanted to let you know that I will be taking a break from the music ministry at EPCC. The bell choir playing on Sunday was just too much. I am not willing to perform, make an offering or share music with the congregation (call it what you will) when the group doing the piece is woefully unprepared. Much of the time that seems to be the case lately. We are doing music that we can barely get through. The comments in the hall revolve around talk of train wrecks, not knowing the pieces very well, and folks questioning if we are really ready to do the things we are doing.

The joy in making music is not there for me anymore. This is just very stressful and exhausting. I guess I just don’t understand why we are not doing music that will allow these groups to shine and really working the pieces until most of the group is secure in their parts and truly able to enjoy the music. In my many years of performing, I have never been in a choir like this. I am totally burned out. I feel like I am nothing but a huge detriment to the ministry at this point.

This was a choir filled with love and acceptance and I was thrilled to be there. But, things have just continued to go downhill since David R. left. I feel like we are not making joyful and humble offerings, but rather going from train wreck to train wreck. I tried to offer some help, but things are just not working and I can’t take the stress. I plan to keep in touch with the many wonderful people I have met in this ministry, but I am not sure that I will return except to turn in my music. It is so heartbreaking to consider leaving as so many have, but I give up.

Sincerely,

Heather Dobrott
    -----Original Message-----
    From: jerry@creekcrossingmusic.com [mailto:jerry@creekcrossingmusic.com]
    Sent: Friday, October 06, 2017 6:17 AM
    Subject: Come early and talk about the church choir

Heather,

Can you come over a little early today so we can talk about the church choir? There’s another student who comes in immediately after Ashley.

This would give me more time to hear all of your good ideas. And we can talk about the most reasonable ways to implement them. You are such a good adviser and I so much appreciate you and your advice.

Jerry

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 12:31 PM
    To:

Dear Unity Choir,

You may have received an e-mail, text or phone call from one or more persons yesterday regarding J's resignation that was inaccurate and misleading. I am sending this e-mail to give you the facts regarding J's resignation.

Pastor Scott, Brad Eames (Chair of the Board) and myself (Vice-chair of the board & chair of personnel) decided that we needed to meet with J due to some issues that had come to our attention and see if we could work them out. We met yesterday after church. Pastor Scott, Brad and I first met with Jerry Cornish to discuss the issues. Jerry, being the gracious and positive person that he is, was willing to try to continue working with J on these issues. He then left the meeting and J joined the meeting. To help you understand the situation, our leadership and elders have a plan to revitalize our church and get it back on track to a church that is growing in numbers and growing in the spirit of God. J was not on board with portions of this plan and chose to resign, rather than to compromise. We parted on good terms. Let me be clear that Jerry had nothing to do with her resignation.

I am asking that if you know of anyone that is spreading rumors or talking negatively about our church and church staff, please ask them to stop.

Please keep our music ministry and EPCC in your prayers as we progress through the revitalization of EPCC.

In Christ,

Edith Smith
    Dear Jerry,

I don't exactly know how to have this conversation with you, but I am going to give it my best effort. First of all, I want you to know that I have been pleased with the welcome that I have received from the staff and the congregation at Eastridge Park Christian Church. However, I have been much less pleased with the state of the music department. and how you perceive my role in it. So, let me explain.

I have spent many years directing church music departments, and have had leadership positions in many other groups, schools, and organizations. I have studied many aspects of church music with some of the best church musicians in the field. I have performed with some very professional choirs, and conducted choirs of various abilities. I am not a novice in this field, not on any level. And I will remind you that my Master's Degree is in Church Music and Organ.

From the very first time we worked together, I have repeatedly felt insulted by your approach to me. As a matter of fact, the first time that I played for you, I vowed that would never return.For the benefit of the music department, and, more importantly, for the benefit of the church as a whole, I have made a supreme effort to get along with you. But the time has come that I really have to draw the line. I am a professional organist. I do not do this as a hobby or a side job. The recent emails that I have received from you have been the most insulting communication I have yet gotten, and I am very distressed. Perhaps you are not familiar enough with church music to understand the role of the organ in church. I am not at this time going to explain it to you.......

As a professional musician, I will not consent to playing a lesser role than I am expected to play, just because a director does not know the order of things. Also, I am used to services which are well planned, well rehearsed, and well executed. Since I have been at Eastridge Park, the services have seemed more like going to a circus than a church service. I have not done all of these years of schooling to participate in services which operate on such a low level. Let's not make it any lower by having an ill-prepared, pop-type group perform in a part of the service which needs to be dignified and uplifting.. How a service begins can color the atmosphere and attitude of the entire service.

I always try to give to you the respect that you should have as the Director of Music, but you have crossed some boundaries that should not be crossed. I was hoping to stay at Eastridge Park to help the church regain some equilibrium, as it appears to me to be struggling. However, the current situation must change, because I am having no peace of mind, and I need tranquility in order to do my part of the job well, which I cannot do under the present circumstances.

Having said that, I intend to supply Debbie with a prelude when I turn in my music selections to her. I know that as the Director you may be upset with me, but I am not trying to fly-in-your-face. I am asking you to respect my territory, as I have so far respected yours. I do not expect to have this conversation again, or to have my role replaced, except in the event that I am not there to play a service. In that case, you may do as you choose.

Yours in Christ,

J
    Jerry Cornish as noted has no vocal, choral, sacred music or organ background. I do and I tried to help him, but it was hopeless. He ran off the organist of 25 years and every other qualified organist/musician that walked in the door including the one referenced above that absolutely resigned because of his abuse and dishonesty. I tried to be gracious and kind, but there are limits. Gay bashing remarks Jerry Cornish was making at this church and our former organist's church were totally out of line. Telling music ministry participants that I was crazy and causing trouble when I was desperately trying to save this dying ministry is also totally out of line. Participants have very right to say they are not comfortable with the music selections, are not willing to share music with the congregation that is not properly prepared and do not want to be publicly embarrassed. I am a degreed professional and do not want his pop crap with me performing up on Youtube as I could have difficulty getting hired with that garbage out there. Jerry Cornish is a liar and fraud and only gracious if it serves his purpose. He had no interest in hearing the constructive criticism that had to be given by the numerous people who have tried to reason with him about the imminent collapse of his music ministry.

He spent five years at his former church noodling and oodling on the piano with instrumentalist they had there. Dr. Brad Eames brought him in to Eastridge with a very beloved organist (of 22 years at that juncture) and a choir, neither of which he had any clue about. Cornish doesn't know the instrument, voice. I took college voice as a major for 9 years and have extensive performing experience. I wouldn't take over a string ensemble, for example, because even with my music degree, hours toward a music masters and extensive experience, I don't know the violin, viola, cello or bass and could not work with them effectively. How Cornish was hired in the first place and put over the very experienced and professional organist is beyond comprehension. To have retained him in the almost 3 years since as the choir implodes and the church continues to die defies all logic.

For Edith Smith, Pastor Scott and Jerry Cornish to continue to lie and to try and silence those that have very right to talk about this horrific mess isn't going to happen on my watch. The services are like a circus with bad karaoke and the videos prove that they are garnering no interest. Services that get 0 or 1 view on Vimeo after being linked on Twitter and the church website tell the story of this dying church with ineffective, dishonest and abusive leadership.

http://www.realscam.com/f14/eastridg...47/#post118154

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone with two working brain cells would be suspicious if an organist was willing to drive 120 miles (2 hours) each way to play in a small church in a suburb of Dallas that has only 1 service, 1 choir and pays starvation wages for only a handful of hours a week. Jerry Cornish nonetheless brings that buffoon, Dr Jeffrey Schleff, in to play for the church from out of state.

A very talented music major that wanted the job, was adored by the choir and had been trying to apply was publicly humiliated when he was asked to give up Sundays he was scheduled to play in front of everybody so that Jerry Cornish could hear this clown. We then lost that fine young man to another church. Jerry Cornish has run off so many talented organists.

I smelled a rat and checked the joker out. I have worked tirelessly to serve in that church and to protect the precious people there. Jerry Cornish should have been shown the door ages ago. His incompetence as a music director is only overshadowed by his total lack of common sense. Who would bring some guy like this in the door from 120 miles away when there are at least 3 universities much much closer with organ departments?

Please note that Dr Schleff's record explains how he got from Oklahoma to Mesquite, TX in 1 hour and 45 minutes as he bragged. And, I notified Jerry Cornish, Pastor Scott and Edith Smith of this guy's record and I was told that it must be kept secret as pretty much everything around there is. This is all free public records that I found. The congregation should know about this as they should be fully aware of the activities of their paid staff member Jerry Cornish. He tithes at another church and his family spends Sunday and Wednesday nights at their church. Cornish has no vested interest in this church and is obviously only there for a paycheck. That wonderful choir and congregation deserve so much better.

Meet the organ candidate:
    ROE candidate background gives committee pause | Northwest Herald

ROE candidate background gives committee pause

WOODSTOCK – A McHenry County Board committee balked Friday at recommending the hiring of a regional school superintendent who has an arrest record along with the required qualifications.

After a two-hour closed-session discussion, the Public Health and Human Services Committee voted, 4-1, to forward the resolution hiring Jeffrey Schleff on to the full County Board without a recommendation. Schleff, of Island Lake, meets the lengthy list of requirements for the elected office, but his background also includes a sentence for driving under the influence and charges, since dropped, for DUI and domestic battery.

Committee Chairwoman Virginia Peschke, R-Woodstock, said a "substantial" portion of the closed-door discussion revolved around the legal issues. The county office, responsible under state law for duties such as certifying teachers, truancy enforcement, administering GEDs, and school safety inspections, has been vacant since June.

"This was all new information for us," Peschke said, citing the Northwest Herald story on the charges in Friday's newspaper.

Schleff, principal of Lords Park Elementary School in Elgin, attended the meeting to answer questions, and went to an adjoining room as committee members discussed his appointment. He declined to comment after the committee voted in open session and adjourned.

The appointment is scheduled to go before the full County Board next Tuesday morning. The Finance and Audit Committee in charge of county government's purse plans to vote on the resolution at a special meeting 30 minutes prior.

County Board Chairman Ken Koehler, R-Crystal Lake, said after the meeting that it was not until Tuesday evening that he and County Administrator Peter Austin were informed by the State's Attorney's Office of past charges against Schleff. A Jan. 24 letter and certificate from the Illinois State Board of Education confirms that Schleff meets the qualifications for the job.

Koehler clarified Friday that he is not pushing for Schleff to get the job, but moving a candidate who meets the requirements through the process for the full County Board to decide.

"It's not my position, or the County Board's position, to pass judgment on him – that's for the court system to do," Koehler said. "We have to work with what the facts are."

Committee member Donna Kurtz, R-Crystal Lake, cited the process in her opposing vote – she said Schleff had "numerous opportunities to be forthcoming" as a candidate for the seat. He was the only one of 11 candidates who applied last summer when the position became open who met the qualifications.

"If someone wants to be appointed to a position of public trust, they have to show that they can be trusted in the interview process," Kurtz said Friday afternoon. "If you're not forthcoming about an arrest record, I think the outcome is very obvious that this person is not worthy to be appointed to such a position."...

According to McHenry County court records, Schleff was charged with DUI in 2006, but the charges were dropped. In 2008, he again was charged with DUI and sentenced to six months of supervision, DUI school, and attended a victim impact panel.

Authorities charged Schleff in 2009 with two counts of domestic battery related to an incident with his now ex-wife. An emergency order of protection was granted, but then voluntarily withdrawn.

Judge Gordon Graham in a bench trial found Schleff guilty on one count and not guilty on the other, but granted him a new bench trial after reviewing the case and determining that prosecutors didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Schleff wasn't acting in self-defense. Schleff had argued that his then-wife was the aggressor and was intoxicated....

Last edited by Soapboxmom; 12-24-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

School chief candidate backs out | Northwest Herald

School chief candidate backs out

By KEVIN P. CRAVER - kcraver@shawmedia.com
    The sole remaining candidate for the long-vacant office of McHenry County regional school superintendent has withdrawn after County Board scrutiny after his arrest record became public.

Jeffrey Schleff, of Island Lake, pulled his name from consideration Monday morning, the day before the full County Board was to vote on whether to appoint him to the position. Schleff’s withdrawal is yet another setback for a county government that has struggled since June to fill the elected office, which handles such duties as certifying teachers, truancy enforcement, administering GEDs, and school safety inspections.

While Schleff, 54, meets the numerous requirements under state law to hold the office, a past that included a sentence for driving under the influence and dropped DUI and domestic battery charges prompted the board’s Public Health and Human Services Committee to balk Friday at a recommendation after a two-hour closed session.

Schleff announced his withdrawal in a three-page letter to the County Board, much of it focused on his educational achievements. He wrote that he is the best candidate the county will find, but cited the committee’s lack of a recommendation in his decision and said he is “unwilling to consider a position where the confidence of those invested in making the decision to approve is insufficient.”

“Have I made mistakes in my professional and personal life? I am not perfect, and it appears to some not suited for the position or the political scrutiny of officials in McHenry County. If that is the case, so be it,” Schleff wrote...

Koehler said he and County Administrator Peter Austin learned of Schleff’s arrest record from the State’s Attorney’s Office on Jan. 31, days before his scheduled meeting before the committee.

“I appreciate the fact that he understands, with some of the issues that were brought to our attention, this is probably the right move to make,” Koehler said.

Schleff, principal of Lords Park Elementary School in Elgin District U-46, could not be reached for comment.
    According to McHenry County court records, Schleff was charged with DUI in 2006, but the charges were dropped. In 2008, he was again charged with DUI and sentenced to six months of supervision and DUI school.

Authorities charged Schleff in 2009 with two counts of domestic battery related to an incident with his now ex-wife. He was convicted on one count in a bench trial, but got a new trial after Judge Gordon Graham determined that prosecutors didn’t prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Schleff wasn’t acting in self-defense. Schleff had argued that his then-wife was the aggressor and was intoxicated.

McHenry County
    updated: 2/7/2012 5:14 PM
    Case Number Party Name Case Title Filed Date Case Type Case Sub Type Case Status
    <<<>>>
    14TR00055721 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2014-06-18 TRAFFIC SPEED OVER/UNDER CLOSED
    13TR00033230 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2013-04-03 TRAFFIC INSURANCE CLOSED
    13TR00033232 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2013-04-03 TRAFFIC SPEED OVER/UNDER CLOSED
    10TR00082581 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2010-07-06 TRAFFIC EQUIPMENT CLOSED
    09TR00119020 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2009-09-03 TRAFFIC INSURANCE CLOSED
    09TR00081742 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2009-06-15 TRAFFIC SPEED OVER/UNDER CLOSED
    08TR00044273 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2008-04-03 TRAFFIC EQUIPMENT CLOSED
    07TR00095175 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2007-07-02 TRAFFIC EQUIPMENT CLOSED
    06TR00157875 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2006-10-13 TRAFFIC SPEED OVER/UNDER CLOSED
    01TR00032287 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2001-03-06 TRAFFIC EQUIPMENT CLOSED
    00TR00082474 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2000-06-19 TRAFFIC SIGN, SIGNAL, LIGHT CLOSED
    00TR00082475 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 2000-06-19 TRAFFIC OTHER CLOSED
    94TR00019329 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S. 1994-03-02 TRAFFIC ACCIDENT CLOSED
    Bottom of Form

Court Case Details
    Case Number: 14TR00055721

Case Title: SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S.

Case Type: Traffic
    Case Status: CLOSED

Filed Date: 2014-06-18

Parties on Case Charges/Disposition/Sentences Court Events Documents Filed Financials
    Disposition Information Sentencing Information
    Offense Date Count Arresting Agency Nature of Offense Charge Date Disposition Date Sentence Length Unit
    2014-06-15 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 21-25 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2014-07-17 WITHHOLD JUDGM-COURT DIVERSION 2014-07-17 FINE
    2014-06-15 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 21-25 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2014-07-17 WITHHOLD JUDGM-COURT DIVERSION 2014-07-17 SUPERVISION 120 DA
    2014-06-15 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 21-25 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2014-07-17 WITHHOLD JUDGM-COURT DIVERSION 2014-07-17 TRAFFIC SCHOOL 4 HR
    2014-06-15 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 21-25 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2014-11-26 TERMINATED SATISFIED
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 13TR00033230

Filed Date: 2013-04-03

Parties on Case Charges/Disposition/Sentences Court Events Documents Filed Financials
    Offense Date Count Arresting Agency Nature of Offense Charge Date Disposition Date Sentence Length Unit
    2013-03-27 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE 2013-07-15 DISMISS
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 13TR00033232

Filed Date: 2013-04-03

2013-03-27 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2013-07-15 WITHHOLD JUDGMENT/SUPERVISION 2013-07-15 FINE
    2013-03-27 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2013-07-15 WITHHOLD JUDGMENT/SUPERVISION 2013-07-15 SUPERVISION 3 MO
    2013-03-27 1 LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2013-07-15 TERMINATED SATISFIED
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 10TR00082581

Filed Date: 2010-07-06

2010-07-04 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE SEAT BELT REQUIRED/DRIVER 2010-08-05 GUILTY 2010-08-05 FINE
    2010-07-04 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE SEAT BELT REQUIRED/DRIVER 2010-10-08 FP-PAID IN FULL-NOTICE SOS
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 09TR00119020

Filed Date: 2009-09-03

2009-09-02 1 WAUCONDA SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE 2009-09-09 ADMIN DISMISSAL
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 09TR00081742

Filed Date: 2009-06-15

2009-06-14 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 11-14 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2009-06-29 WITHHOLD JUDGM-COURT DIVERSION 2009-06-29 FINE
    2009-06-14 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 11-14 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2009-06-29 WITHHOLD JUDGM-COURT DIVERSION 2009-06-29 TRAFFIC SCHOOL 4 HR
    2009-06-14 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 11-14 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2009-06-29 WITHHOLD JUDGM-COURT DIVERSION 2009-06-29 SUPERVISION 4 MO
    2009-06-14 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE DRIVING 11-14 MPH ABOVE LIMIT 2009-10-07 TERMINATED SATISFIED

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Court Case Details
    Case Number: 08TR00044273

Filed Date: 2008-04-03

2008-03-25 1 STATE POLICE DIST 2 SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE SEAT BELT REQUIRED/DRIVER 2008-04-09 GUILTY 2008-04-09 FINE
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 07TR00095175

Filed Date: 2007-07-02

2007-07-01 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE SEAT BELT REQUIRED/DRIVER 2007-07-19 GUILTY 2007-07-19 FINE
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 06TR00157875

Filed Date: 2006-10-13

2006-10-07 1 BUFFALO GROVE-VILLAGE SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE FAIL TO REDUCE SPEED 2006-10-27 GUILTY 2006-10-27 FINE
    2006-10-07 1 BUFFALO GROVE-VILLAGE SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE FAIL TO REDUCE SPEED 2006-12-22 WITHHOLD JUDGMENT/SUPERVISION 2006-12-22 FINE
    2006-10-07 1 BUFFALO GROVE-VILLAGE SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE FAIL TO REDUCE SPEED 2006-12-22 WITHHOLD JUDGMENT/SUPERVISION 2006-12-22 TRAFFIC SCHOOL 4 HR
    2006-10-07 1 BUFFALO GROVE-VILLAGE SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE FAIL TO REDUCE SPEED 2006-12-22 WITHHOLD JUDGMENT/SUPERVISION 2006-12-22 SUPERVISION 6 MO
    2006-10-07 1 BUFFALO GROVE-VILLAGE SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE FAIL TO REDUCE SPEED 2007-08-24 TERMINATED SATISFIED
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 01TR00032287

Filed Date: 2001-03-06

2001-02-27 1 MUNDELEIN SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE SEAT BELT REQUIRED/DRIVER 2001-04-26 EXPARTE 2001-04-26 FINE
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 00TR00082474

Filed Date: 2000-06-19

2000-05-31 1 LIBERTYVILLE SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE IMPROPER TURN SIGNAL 2000-06-27 GUILTY 2000-06-27 FINE
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 00TR00082475

Filed Date: 2000-06-19

2000-05-31 1 LIBERTYVILLE SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE TRANSP/CARRY ALC LIQ/DRIVER (alcohol) 2000-06-27 GUILTY 2000-06-27 FINE
    Court Case Details
    Case Number: 94TR00019329

Filed Date: 1994-03-02

1994-02-22 1 DEERFIELD SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSE FAIL GIVE INFO/RENDER AID/PROP 1994-04-21 NONSUIT

CASE # PARTY TYPE PARTY NAME CASE TYPE FILING TYPE FILING DATE
    13TR039260 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION OAKWOOD HILLS COMPLAINT 09/16/2013
    13TR039261 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION OAKWOOD HILLS COMPLAINT 09/16/2013
    10TR032685 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION CRYSTAL LAKE COMPLAINT 06/23/2010
    09TR067533 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION ISLAND LAKE COMPLAINT 12/28/2009
    09TR054838 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION ISLAND LAKE COMPLAINT 10/14/2009
    09DV000899 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S DIVORCE DISSOLUTION 09/14/2009
    09OP000462 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S ORDER OF PROTECTION ORDER OF PROTECTION 09/02/2009
    09CM002316 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S CRIMINAL MISDEMEANOR ISLAND LAKE COMPLAINT 09/01/2009
    09CM002316 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S CRIMINAL MISDEMEANOR ISLAND LAKE COMPLAINT 09/01/2009
    08DT001464 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE SHERIFF COMPLAINT-ALGONQUIN TWP 11/18/2008
    08TR069557 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION SHERIFF COMPLAINT-ALGONQUIN TWP 11/18/2008
    08TR069558 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION SHERIFF SUMMARY SUSP-ALGONQUIN TWP 11/18/2008
    07TR049913 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION ALGONQUIN COMPLAINT 08/08/2007
    06TR067573 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION CARY COMPLAINT 11/27/2006
    06DT000553 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE CARY COMPLAINT 05/10/2006
    06DT000553 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE CARY COMPLAINT 05/10/2006
    06TR025140 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION CARY COMPLAINT 05/10/2006
    06TR025140 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION CARY COMPLAINT 05/10/2006
    06TR025150 DEFENDANT SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S TRAFFIC VIOLATION CARY SUMMARY SUSPENSION 05/10/2006

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CASE ID 13TR039260
    TITLE OAKWOOD HILLS VS. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    CASE TYPE TRAFFIC VIOLATION
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 01/16/2014
    FILING TYPE OAKWOOD HILLS COMPLAINT
    FILING DATE 09/16/2013
    Charges / Sentences Parties On Case Documents Financial Summary Court Events Summons Judgments
    CHARGE TYPE CHARGE DATE STATUTE DESCRIPTION CLASS DISPOSITION DISP DATE TICKET #
    LOCAL-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 09/08/2013 625-5/11-601(B) DRIVING 11-14 MPH ABOVE LIMIT PETTY OFFENSE WITHHOLD - JUDGMENT - SUPERVISION 10/17/2013 459202231
    SENTENCE(S)
    DATE TYPE AMOUNT UNIT STATUS
    10/17/2013 FINE, COSTS, FEES $255.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    10/17/2013 SUPERVISION 100.00 DAY(S) IN FORCE
    CASE ID 13TR039261
    TITLE OAKWOOD HILLS VS. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 01/16/2014
    FILING TYPE OAKWOOD HILLS COMPLAINT
    FILING DATE 09/16/2013
    Charges / Sentences Parties On Case Documents Financial Summary Court Events Summons Judgments
    CHARGE TYPE CHARGE DATE STATUTE DESCRIPTION CLASS DISPOSITION DISP DATE TICKET #
    LOCAL-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 09/08/2013 625-5/11-1204(B) DISREGARD STOP SIGN PETTY OFFENSE WITHHOLD - JUDGMENT - SUPERVISION 10/17/2013 459202232
    SENTENCE(S)
    10/17/2013 FINE, COSTS, FEES $305.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    10/17/2013 SUPERVISION 100.00 DAY(S) IN FORCE
    CASE ID 10TR032685
    TITLE PEOPLE VS. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 07/13/2010
    FILING TYPE CRYSTAL LAKE COMPLAINT
    FILING DATE 06/23/2010
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 06/19/2010 625-5/3-707 OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE BUSINESS OFFENSE NOLLE PROSSED 07/13/2010 055106862
    CASE ID 09TR067533
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 06/16/2010
    FILING TYPE ISLAND LAKE COMPLAINT
    FILING DATE 12/28/2009
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 12/22/2009 625-5/6-101 UNLICENSED PETTY OFFENSE WITHHOLD - JUDGMENT - SUPERVISION 03/17/2010 12528342
    SENTENCE(S)
    03/17/2010 FINE, COSTS, FEES $182.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    03/17/2010 SUPERVISION 100.00 DAY(S) IN FORCE
    CASE ID 09TR054838
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 11/25/2009
    FILING DATE 10/14/2009
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 10/09/2009 625-5/3-707 OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE BUSINESS OFFENSE NOLLE PROSSED 11/25/2009 12528610
    CASE ID 09DV000899
    TITLE SCHLEFF, ROXANNE VS SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    CASE TYPE DIVORCE
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 12/13/2010
    FILING TYPE DISSOLUTION
    FILING DATE 09/14/2009
    CASE ID 09OP000462
    TITLE SCHLEFF, ROZANNE M VS SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    CASE TYPE ORDER OF PROTECTION
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 09/03/2009
    FILING TYPE ORDER OF PROTECTION
    FILING DATE 09/02/2009
    CASE ID 09DV000899
    TITLE SCHLEFF, ROXANNE VS SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    CASE TYPE DIVORCE
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 12/13/2010
    FILING TYPE DISSOLUTION
    FILING DATE 09/14/2009
    DATE PARTY PARTY TYPE JUDGMENT AMOUNT STATUS DATE STATUS
    12/13/2010 SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S DEFENDANT ATTORNEY FEES $3,221.75 12/13/2010 UNSATISFIED
    CASE ID 09CM002316
    CASE TYPE CRIMINAL MISDEMEANOR
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 08/26/2011
    FILING DATE 09/01/2009
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 08/31/2009 720-5/12-3.2(A)(1) DOMESTIC BATTERY/BODILY HARM CLASS A MISDEMEANOR NOLLE PROSSED 11/09/2010
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 08/31/2009 720-5/12-3.2(A)(1) DOMESTIC BATTERY/BODILY HARM CLASS A MISDEMEANOR DISMISSED - SUPERCEDED BY IND/INF 11/18/2009
    STATE-ACTUAL-ADDED CHARGE 08/31/2009 720-5/12-3.2(A)(2) DOMESTIC BTRY/PHYSICAL CONTACT CLASS A MISDEMEANOR NOLLE PROSSED 08/26/2011
    CASE ID 09CM002316
    CASE TYPE CRIMINAL MISDEMEANOR
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 08/26/2011
    FILING DATE 09/01/2009
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 08/31/2009 720-5/12-3.2(A)(1) DOMESTIC BATTERY/BODILY HARM CLASS A MISDEMEANOR NOLLE PROSSED 11/09/2010
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 08/31/2009 720-5/12-3.2(A)(1) DOMESTIC BATTERY/BODILY HARM CLASS A MISDEMEANOR DISMISSED - SUPERCEDED BY IND/INF 11/18/2009
    STATE-ACTUAL-ADDED CHARGE 08/31/2009 720-5/12-3.2(A)(2) DOMESTIC BTRY/PHYSICAL CONTACT CLASS A MISDEMEANOR NOLLE PROSSED 08/26/2011
    CASE ID 08DT001464
    CASE TYPE DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 08/04/2011
    FILING TYPE SHERIFF COMPLAINT-ALGONQUIN TWP
    FILING DATE 11/18/2008
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 11/14/2008 625-5/11-501(A)(2) DRVG UNDER INFLU OF ALCOHOL CLASS A MISDEMEANOR WITHHOLD - JUDGMENT - SUPERVISION 01/06/2009 05031349
    SENTENCE(S)
    01/06/2009 FINE, COSTS, FEES $2,881.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    01/06/2009 SUPERVISION-REAPR-COURT MONITORING 1.00 YEAR(S) IN FORCE
    01/06/2009 DUI SCHOOL IN FORCE
    01/06/2009 VICTIM IMPACT PANEL IN FORCE
    02/10/2011 SUPERVISION 6.00 MONTH(S) IN FORCE
    02/10/2011 ADDITIONAL FINE, COSTS, FEES $348.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    CASE ID 08TR069557
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 01/06/2009
    FILING TYPE SHERIFF COMPLAINT-ALGONQUIN TWP
    FILING DATE 11/18/2008
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 11/14/2008 625-5/12-603.1 SEAT BELT REQUIRED/DRIVER PETTY OFFENSE NOLLE PROSSED 01/06/2009 05031348
    CASE ID 08TR069558
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 01/06/2009
    FILING TYPE SHERIFF SUMMARY SUSP-ALGONQUIN TWP
    FILING DATE 11/18/2008
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 11/14/2008 625-5/2-118.1(B)3 SUMMARY SUSPENSION/REFUSAL OTHER OFFENSE RESCIND - SUMMARY SUSPENSION 01/06/2009 914511
    CASE ID 07TR049913
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 09/24/2007
    FILING TYPE ALGONQUIN COMPLAINT
    FILING DATE 08/08/2007
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 08/04/2007 625-5/12-603.1 SEAT BELT REQUIRED/DRIVER PETTY OFFENSE JUDGMENT - CONVICTION 09/24/2007 01014986
    SENTENCE(S)
    09/24/2007 FINE, COSTS, FEES $55.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    CASE ID 06TR067573
    TITLE CARY VS. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 06/12/2007
    FILING TYPE CARY COMPLAINT
    FILING DATE 11/27/2006

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOCAL-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 11/22/2006 625-5/11-505 SQUEALING/SCREECHING TIRES PETTY OFFENSE WITHHOLD - JUDGMENT - SUPERVISION 02/22/2007 03546940
    SENTENCE(S)
    02/22/2007 FINE, COSTS, FEES $243.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    02/22/2007 SUPERVISION 120.00 DAY(S) IN FORCE
    02/22/2007 TRAFFIC SAFETY SCHOOL 8.00 HOUR(S) IN FORCE
    CASE ID 06DT000553
    CASE TYPE DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 07/05/2006
    FILING DATE 05/10/2006
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 05/04/2006 625-5/11-501(A)(2) DRVG UNDER INFLU OF ALCOHOL CLASS A MISDEMEANOR NOLLE PROSSED 07/05/2006 03543674
    LOCAL-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 05/04/2006 625-5/11-501(A)(1) DRVG UNDER INFLU/BAC 0.08 CLASS A MISDEMEANOR NOLLE PROSSED 07/05/2006 03543675
    CASE ID 06TR025140
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 07/05/2006
    FILING DATE 05/10/2006
    LOCAL-ACTUAL-AMENDED 05/04/2006 625-5/11-402(A) LEAVING THE SCENE CLASS A MISDEMEANOR WITHHOLD - JUDGMENT - SUPERVISION 07/05/2006 03544301
    SENTENCE(S)
    07/05/2006 FINE, COSTS, FEES $2,945.00 AMOUNT IN FORCE
    07/05/2006 SUPERVISION-REAPR-COURT MONITORING 1.00 YEAR(S) IN FORCE
    07/05/2006 DUI SCHOOL IN FORCE
    07/05/2006 VICTIM IMPACT PANEL IN FORCE
    LOCAL-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 05/04/2006 625-5/11-601(B) DRIVING 11-14 MPH ABOVE LIMIT PETTY OFFENSE AMENDED 07/05/2006 03544301
    CASE ID 06TR025150
    STATUS CLOSED
    STATUS DATE 07/05/2006
    FILING TYPE CARY SUMMARY SUSPENSION
    FILING DATE 05/10/2006
    STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 05/04/2006 625-5/2-118.1(B)5 SUMMARY SUSPENSION/BAC 0.08+ OTHER OFFENSE RESCIND - SUMMARY SUSPENSION 07/05/2006 751072

Thomas M Hartwell Circuit Clerk 16th Judicial Circuit

Smart Search

Search Results

Details

Case Information

08-TR-104547 | People of Illinois v. SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    Case Number
    08-TR-104547
    Court
    Circuit Court
    File Date
    12/12/2008
    Case Type
    TR - Traffic
    Case Status
    Closed
    Party

Plaintiff
    People of Illinois

Defendant
    SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    DOB
    XX/XX/1955
    Height
    5' 10"
    Weight
    180 lbs

Arresting Officer (Participant)
    WEBB, ALAN

Charge

Charges
    SCHLEFF, JEFFREY S
    Description Citation Statute Level Date
    1 OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE 150346 625 ILCS 5/3-707 Business Offense 12/09/2008
    Disposition Events

01/06/2009 Plea
    1 OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE No Plea Entered

01/06/2009 Disposition
    Judicial Officer
    Noverini, John A
    1 OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE Nolle Prosequi

Events and Hearings

• 12/12/2008 Complaint

Comment
    01 COUNT 001 OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE Statute 625 5/3-707 Class U Orig. Agency: CARPENTERSVILLE POLICE DEPT Ticket#: 150346 [FC6001 12/09/2008] [ 01/08/2009 9:00AM Rm:EBC]

• 12/12/2008 No Bond

Comment
    [EV1ST 01/08/2009 9:00AM Rm:EBC]

• 12/12/2008 Plea Setting

Comment
    EV1ST 01/08/2009 9:00AM Rm:EBC

• 12/17/2008 Mandatory Insurance Notice Sent

Comment
    Document TR10 Was Printed

• 01/06/2009 Disposition #

Judicial Officer
    Noverini, John A
    Comment
    DISPOSITION 01/00 COUNT 001 NO FINE & COST Signed ADisposition: Nolle Prosequi OPERATE UNINSURED MTR VEHICLE Disposition Type: Court Action Defendant Plea: No Plea Entered Statute 625 5/3-707 Class U Orig. Sentence: 01/06/2009

• 07/16/2013 Images of Entire File Prior to This Date

© 2017 Tyler Technologies, Inc. | All Rights Reserved
    Version: 3.3.2.7

Winnebago County 17th Judicial Circuit Court

PAU : Case Page· Party Case Search· 2013-TR-0036043· Charge Summary
    CASE
    Case Status
    Criminal Case
    Hearings
    Judges
    Prosecutors

DEFENDANT
    Attorneys
    Charge Summary
    ROA
    Top of Form
    Charge Summary 2013-TR-0036043People of the State of Illinois vs. Jeffrey S Schleff
    Case StatusClosed pending clerk action - Oct 11, 2013
    Defendant Jeffrey S Schleff

Sel Charge Count Statute Number Statute Description Plea Description Plea Date Finding Charging Document Disposition Date License Alerts
    1 1 625 5/11-601(b) : P DRIVING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT Guilty 10/11/2013 Guilty-OTC 10/11/2013

Bottom of Form
    *Date 10/11/2013 Code FF FFOR *Judge Assigned
    *Text Fine/Fees ordered in the amount of $120.00 on charge of DRIVING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT.
    Sealed

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have another episode of the GROUP HALLUCINATION FILES. Nothing like a good scrap at church on Sunday morning!
    Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2017 2:47 PM
    To: hdobrott

Joy is our new organist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edith E. Smith
    Certified Public Accountant
    Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2017 3:47 PM
    To: hdobrott
    Subject: Re: J

And............she is going to play in the handbell choir!!

Edith E. Smith
    Certified Public Accountant
    Edith Smith was the head of personnel committee and very excited to hire the incredibly overqualified organist, J. Yet, even though J told her and the committee at the interview that she had issues with Jerry Cornish and I am told that the committee members were not surprised, Edith is now lying and claiming that Jerry Cornish had nothing to do with J's resignation.

The resignation letter refutes that:
    http://www.realscam.com/f14/eastridge-park-christian-church-abusive-church-music-minister-jerry-cornish-pastor-scott-wooddell-5047/#post118154

There is also the Dear Jerry letter posted right after Smith's lie-filled e-mail saying that Jerry Cornish had nothing to do with her resignation:
    http://www.realscam.com/f14/eastridg...47/#post118463

We also have the group hallucination incident. In church that Sunday right before the 9:00 a.m. bible study classes met a group of us were out in the hall enjoying coffee and donuts when a fight broke out. J, the incredibly overqualified organist, had to throw Jerry Cornish out of her office as he was abusive and out of line with her. Let me restate that. The organist had to throw Cornish out of her office because he was being so incredibly obnoxious and the fight was heard and reported all over the church with lightening fast speed. Everyone was talking. So many of us were thrilled that we had such a wonderful organist and hoped that she would lead the music ministry and that Jerry Cornish would be replaced with a competent choir director. Instead, Jerry Cornish kept up his antics and Pastor Scott and Edith Smith circled the wagons around him. I walked out with the organist when she was forced to resign. Others have left or are considering leaving as well due to the dishonest, abusive and manipulative leadership. The secrecy and lies are tearing the church apart.
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 12-23-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spiritual abuse | Apologetics Index

ABUSIVE RELIGION

Ken Blue lists seven symptoms of abusive religion, based on the words of Jesus in Matthew 23:

1. Abusive leaders base their spiritual authority on their position or office rather than on their service to the group. Their style of leadership is authoritarian.
    2. Leaders in abusive churches often say one thing but do another. Their words and deeds to not match.
    3. They manipulate people by making them feel guilty for not measuring up spiritually...
    4. Abusive leaders are preoccupied with looking good. They labor to keep up appearance. They stifle any criticism that puts them in a bad light.....

7. They major on minor issues to the neglect of the truly important ones. They are conscientious about religious details but neglect God’s larger agendas.

WHY DO PEOPLE PUT UP WITH SPIRITUAL ABUSE?

Why do otherwise sensible and intelligent people put up with abusive churches?
      Blue points out that many people feel perfectly comfortable being led.
      [W]e have the tendency to let authority figures make the rules and then apply them to us. When they administer the rules in an abusive manner we will (at first) tend to submit.Combined with our tendency to want a leader is our incurably religious nature. Our longing for God is essential to use. It is the most significant aspect of our being....Christ calls us to spiritual maturity. And that sometimes means resisting spiritual authorities just as he did.”

Many of the people we counsel regarding spiritual abuse indicate that they long submitted to their leaders because they were afraid to lose their community — their history in the local church and the relationships they have built up with people over time.

Many in that church have let me know that they are unhappy with things, but they stay as they have been there for many years and their friends are there. They are also afraid to speak out for fear of being viciously attacked by the Pastor and/or Music Minister as I was. That church is so abusive and totally mismanaged.

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like

After watching the videos of the choir in action, I'm guessing protesting by deliberately singing off key won't work as a form of protest.

One more voice out of key wouldn't be noticed.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

25. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wayback Machine

Unspoken Rules

These are rules which govern unhealthy churches or families but
    are not formally stated or written.
    Since they are not spoken
    verbally, you do not find out that the rule(s) exist until you
    have broken one.

The unspoken rule may come across like this: Do not disagree with
    the church authorities � especially the pastor or your loyalty
    will be suspect. Silence becomes the fortress wall of protection,
    shielding the pastor's power position from scrutiny or challenge.

Of the unspoken rules, the can't talk rule is probably the most
    powerful.
    The thinking of this rule is: The real problem can not
    be exposed because then it would have to be dealt with and things
    would have to change, so it must be protected behind walls or
    silence (neglect or by assault � legalistic attack). If you speak
    about the problem out loud, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. In some way you
    must be silenced or eliminated.....

Speaking up or against spiritual abuse is not the problem. The
    real problem is if a Christian who feels violated stops talking,
    then the perpetrator will never be held accountable for his
    behavior.....

Paranoia

When the church or family is spiritually abusive, there will be a
    sense (spoken or unspoken) that "others will not understand what
    we're about so let's not let them know � that way they won't be
    able to ridicule or persecute us."

Jackson and VanVonderen make the point that in such a system
    persecution sensitivity builds a case for keeping everything
    within the system. The reason is that the evil, dangerous or
    unspiritual people outside the system are trying to weaken or
    destroy "us."
    They go on to say, "This mentality builds a strong
    wall or bunker around the abusive system, isolates the abusers
    from scrutiny and accountability,
    making it more difficult for
    people to leave � because they will then be outside too."...

A self contained spiritual system can be a very harmful thing
    because it keeps people wounded.

Secretive

There is no reason to hide what is appropriate, only what is
    inappropriate.
    When you see people in a religious system being
    secretive � WATCH OUT!

Perhaps one reason spiritually abusive families and churches are
    secretive is because they are so image conscious. People in these
    systems cannot even live up to their own performance standards so
    they have to hide what is real.

When these characteristics exist in a church or Christian group,
    the result will be abuse. The answer is in the right use of God's
    Word.
    Pastor Scott lying about my giving, involvement with the church and more is his desperate attempt to hide that the church is imploding and he is not capable of leading it. His protection of an incompetent, dishonest and gay bashing music minister, Jerry Cornish, also speaks volumes about his true character. The leadership is the mutual admiration society, but tragically, reality in no way influences what is going on in the secretive little group at the top of this sad little church.

Some think as I and the droves of others leave that they are getting rid of the divisive and Satan possessed and that the good people left are going to magically rebuild and revitalize the church. The fact that those leaving were simply honest people that saw the serious problems and walked away or spoke out in a desperate attempt to save that dying church is lost on these folks. The numbers will continue to plummet with no end in sight. Pastor Scott Wooddell, Jerry Cornish, Edith Smith and more are well aware that they are lying, but they will do anything to maintain their illusions of power and control. They are desperate to be the center of attention and admired. They are happy to ignore that the congregation has dwindled from 2200 to far less than 200 and that the church physically and spiritually is literally disintegrating.

WELCOME TO EASTRIDGE PARK

Thank you in your interest in Eastridge Park Christian Church!

At Eastridge Park Christian Church, we take seriously the Bible’s teaching that Christians are the family of God and therefore brothers and sisters in Christ. As a “family of faith” we seek to worship and serve God, share the good news of the gospel message, and provide the spiritual environment necessary for the believer’s spiritual growth. We believe spiritual growth flows out of three basic commitments: studying the word of God, significant christian relationships, and opportunities of service.

We invite you and your family to experience the joy and excitement of the EPCC family. Our church has gained a reputation as a friendly and caring fellowship, and we would welcome the opportunity to show you why. We would be honored to have you in our worship service or other activities.

If you are looking for a church home, Eastridge Park Christian Church just may be the place for you!

Rejoicing in his grace,

Scott Wooddell
    Senior Pastor
    Famous last words from the top dog in the abusive and exclusive clique!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A member of the church who shall forever remain nameless commented on how the music seemed to be headed in that direction. Yikes!!!

Love some Bunny! I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For those who wish to avoid foul language please don't watch this version:

Love some Bunny! I do!