Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0

Thread: Working with Motor club of America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Working with Motor club of America

Quote Originally Posted by MissFloridaSunshine View Post
    Hello everyone. I just want to say I'm so glad I found this page. It helped me tremendously in understanding the truth about MCA. I first heard about MCA through Facebook. I thought something was amiss as the only thing associates seem to promote more than anything is how much money they make. Admittedly, it was this approach that made me consider joining MCA, but something in my gut kept saying something just wasn't right. The more research I did, the LESS I could get a straight up answer regarding MCA. The biggest red flags for me was on the majority of the You Tube videos posted by associates, it would have very misleading titles like, "MCA is a SCAM!!!" and once you go to their video, they are actually trying to get you to join MCA. I've found that a lot of the associates are either very defensive or try to come across as sympathetic (i.e. "I'm sorry you may have been treated poorly by another associate. Please contact me if you have any questions about MCA.") The biggest red flag is that NONE of the associates give direct answers to questions about MCA other than "People make money" or "I'm getting paid". I couldn't put my finger on why, specifically, MCA didn't sound right, other than it just didn't sound right. This site has helped me to identify the specific reason why MCA is a scam. Thank God, because I was seriously considering joining.
    I happened upon MCA while researching different opportunities to work from home. Having always worked in the legal field as a paralegal, I wanted more information about the company's background. All the associates all state the same "script" and that is an indicator to me that before giving any money, I needed to see if I would be able to find out more information. After a few different types of searches, I finally happened upon a recent November 23, 2012, commentary by a guy named Steve Rhode. He titled his commentary "Motor Club of America (MCA) Looks Like a Biz Op to Avoid. Not What It Appears to Be." Mr. Rhode's article saved me a lot of time and effort as it contains exactly the information I was seeking while researching online. I try to always research the background of any employer or business I am hoping to form a relationship with, it is always a wise practice to do so. There is a lot of public information which is easily accessible through clerk of court websites, secretary of state websites, department of corporations, etc. When in doubt or you got a gut feeling, listen to your gut, and do your research. :)

2. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Working with Motor club of America

@justice786 Just read the article. Very helpful. I wish more people spoke out about MCA.