LMAO LMAO:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Ignorant Ignorant:  0
Moron Moron:  0
Page 56 of 327 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 8169

Thread: Is My Advertising Pays / The Advert Platform A Scam or Ponzi?

Post Thanks / Like

re: Is My Advertising Pays / The Advert Platform A Scam or Ponzi?

Quote Originally Posted by nerd View Post
    Maybe I should explain myself.

I joined MAPS about 6 months ago on the advice of someone i trusted. Prior to this I had never heard of affiliate marketing, rev-share, ponzi scams etc. I went in with about $3500.
    Oopsy......

Post Thanks / Like

3. There are literally 100s if not 1000s of unique banners etc being advertised on the site daily. My sponsor has purchased guaranteed visitors and they increased his blogs alexa rankings. I find it hard to believe that they would all be fake. If even half the banners on the site are being paid for then couldn't it be possible that MAPS could make its payments without using money from new investors?
    That's all well and good Nerd, and no one is suggesting that a blogs Alex rankings won't increase as a result.

But think about it...

the 'guaranteed visitors' are maps members, waiting 10 to 30 seconds staring at the screen and then moving on.

QUALITY is the key here, Not QUANTITY.

Give me any website and I'll get it to the top of the Alexa ranking using robots. The people causing the apparent traffice increase may as well be robots because they are visiting a given site not because they are intrested in the site itself, but because they have to or the won't receive their share of the p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶t̶s̶ fraudulently obtained funds.

3. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Forget about the story that went with it.

They took your $3500 and gave you back $1500 of it.

Net result: they have $2000 more than they started with and you have $2000 less than you started with

They could "give" you another $1500 along with a story and you'd STILL be $500 out of pocket and they would have made $500 for doing nothing, other than giving you your own money.

And yet, you think you have actually made money and are preparing to involve your family and friends

You send me $100 and I send you back a dollar a day and tell you I'm paying you 1% a day interest for "looking at ads"

After 30 days, you think "WOW" 1% a day interest, and you can prove it - you have the $30 in your hot little hand you think to yourself I've got to get my family and friends involved.

You have $30 and MAP still has $70 of your original $100 - you're in the hole for $70

They each send in $100

1 mother, 1 father and two friends @$100 each = $400

Now MAP has your $70 and $400 extra = $470

It pays all of you $1.00 a day

After 30 days: you and your friends and family have $30 each = $150

You have $60 in total, so MAP still has $40 of your original $100 - but you think you've been earning $1.00 a day "interest"

MAP now has $320

rinse, repeat
    where do I sign up?

Post Thanks / Like

@Nerd

Would you give a man in an orange jumpsuit a bag of your money to make a deposit for you?

For a moment forget about the ROI, clicks, and comp plan, and focus on the people you are trusting your money with. That alone is enough for you to run and not introduce your friends.

The scammers want you to analyze the numbers and possibilities; it plays into one's ego and is a distraction. This makes people forget they are rubbing elbows with a bunch of known crooks.

I like to make this point because it is often overlooked in discussion by people who think that "this actually might be real".

6. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, can Septic Simon Stepsys talk,

Ever find yourself wondering what Septic Simon does for a job when he's not being Mr MAP ??

No, neither do I,

Anyway, Here he is being Septic Simon Stepsys, "Net Guru" talking....and talking.......and talking............and talking some more

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This "review" was given to me on Facebook from a MAPS affiliate. People peddle garbage and spin stories that doesn't preclude the necessity of doing real due diligence. So far as I can tell, Mr. DS Domination will tell you everything he sells or is paid to sell is legit. Anything he doesn't make a buck on, betting those are the scams. Be on the look out for the ole bait"n"switch...

My Advertising Pays Review - Legit Business or SCAM?

is hotmlmcompanies.com a scam or legit | hotmlmcompanies.com trust reviews |check hotmlmcompanies.com for fraud and risk | is hotmlmcompanies.com safe or fake

https://www.facebook.com/DSDominationJesseSingh

https://plus.google.com/104014519711495324843/posts

Compared to the way someone like OZ reviews opps, clever readers should be able to spot the ruse.

MyAdvertisingPays Review: $49.99 Ponzi investment scheme

Using the familiar advertising credit + Ponzi scheme business model, MyAdvertisingPays simple shuffle new affiliate money around to pay off existing investors.

Four Corners Alliance Group Compensation Plan v2.0

I think the notion that anyone who is not a Four Corners Alliance Affiliate is going to purchase their ebooks or newsletter is a bit of a stretch. Or at the very least not in any significant number.

What you’re then left with is a simple affiliate recruitment scheme, where, under the guise of purchasing a newsletter, Four Corners Alliance Group affiliates simply recruit new affiliates and as long as everyone pays their $29.95 monthly fee, everyone (except those at the bottom) gets paid

A few similar reviews done at RealScam by people who aren't peddling opps.

http://www.realscam.com/f9/numis-net...d-rainbow-110/

http://www.realscam.com/f8/beeoptions-2063/

http://www.realscam.com/f9/acn-scam-...d-scheme-3873/

http://www.acnpyramidscheme.com/

http://www.realscam.com/f8/karatbars...bars-com-3278/
    Last edited by ribshaw; 03-13-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Forget about the story that went with it.

They took your $3500 and gave you back $1500 of it.

Net result: they have $2000 more than they started with and you have $2000 less than you started with

They could "give" you another $1500 along with a story and you'd STILL be $500 out of pocket and they would have made $500 for doing nothing, other than giving you your own money.

And yet, you think you have actually made money and are preparing to involve your family and friends

You send me $100 and I send you back a dollar a day and tell you I'm paying you 1% a day interest for "looking at ads"

After 30 days, you think "WOW" 1% a day interest, and you can prove it - you have the $30 in your hot little hand you think to yourself I've got to get my family and friends involved.

You have $30 and MAP still has $70 of your original $100 - you're in the hole for $70

They each send in $100

1 mother, 1 father and two friends @$100 each = $400

Now MAP has your $70 and $400 extra = $470

It pays all of you $1.00 a day

After 30 days: you and your friends and family have $30 each = $150

You have $60 in total, so MAP still has $40 of your original $100 - but you think you've been earning $1.00 a day "interest"

MAP now has $320

rinse, repeat
    This is it really. You put in lots of money, they allow you to withdraw a fraction of this amount so unconsciously you tell yourself "Hey, this is legit I got my money back!" but since it's been a couple weeks or months, you don't put any real value on that money. Let me try to give you an example. When I buy a new $1000 computer, I cherish it for the first couple weeks, make sure i don't scratch it and all. But after a while, the good has lost most of its monetary value in my eyes. I don't see what I hold in my hands as $1000. What I'm trying to say here is that let's say you put in $2000 and after a while get $1000 back. You're happy because you got money back, period. No matter the amount (people are stoked over winning pennies at the lottery wheel, so clearly the amount doesn't matter) you will withdraw, inside you will feel this whole thing is legit and that's what the owners want. Because now they have half of your $2000 that you don't care about anymore. (Well you do care but it'll hype you to put in more money and like it was said in the quote above, they just rinse and repeat for everyone and make a **** load of money without you ever doubting their legitimacy.

Add on top of that the recruiting you're bound to do and these guys are just laughing to the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

How has Simon Stepsys got away without getting caught for so long is what id like to know?. Id never heard of him till i came here, and tbh if id been looking to join MAPS , and done my research on this guy i wouldnt have touched it anyways, just going on his past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    @Nerd

Would you give a man in an orange jumpsuit a bag of your money to make a deposit for you?

For a moment forget about the ROI, clicks, and comp plan, and focus on the people you are trusting your money with. That alone is enough for you to run and not introduce your friends.

The scammers want you to analyze the numbers and possibilities; it plays into one's ego and is a distraction. This makes people forget they are rubbing elbows with a bunch of known crooks.

I like to make this point because it is often overlooked in discussion by people who think that "this actually might be real".
    Nerd - this is exactly right.

Other people here can go into the technicalities far better than I can. What I always look at is who is involved with these things?

Three or four years ago I was like you - never heard of MLM, or affiliate marketing. I knew that there was advertising on the internet - could hardly miss it - but I knew nothing about it. Then some friends told me that they were going to put some money into "an online money making venture". They were very excited about it because it seemed like easy money. Trouble was, from the first time I heard about it, it sounded dodgy. Even more dodgy was the fact that they didn't really understand it and could not explain it to me. I asked them not to do anything until I had investigated further. Not because I am some sort of guru, I am not; but I am much better than they are at researching things, especially things on the old internet.

That scheme was Banners Broker. The first thing I came across was an excellent revew by Finch (of "Finch Sells"), the second was this site, RealScam. What I read convinced me that BB was nothing but a scam to trap the unwary. And what really clinched it was the involvement of some of the people; people who had, as we say, form. People who had been in other scams and schemes. Some of those people are now prominent or at least active in MAPs. They have simply moved from one dodgy scheme to another.

Take Simon Stepsys as a prime example. He is pushing MAPs HARD. What no-one mentions was that he was pushing Banners Broker equally hard. He was named as the BB "Top Affiliate of the Year" and posed, grinning, with a tacky ring and tacky trophy. And between BB and now, he was pushing something called Empower Network, wher he was also a top affiliate, and posed, grinning, with a large cardboard cheque. In both cases he claimed to have made millions of pounds. Before all this, he was on the internet with other schemes, with websites claiming he could make you rich. And before that, he was placing adverts in Uk newspapers for "homeworking" - addressing envelopes at home for example. So notorious was he that he was named in a debate in the Uk Parliament, in about 1999, where reference was made to "one of the many scams of Simon Stepsys". Just google him and look at what comes up! Then there is his chum, Shaun Smith. He and Stepsys worked together at one point - there is a video of them "revealing their secrets" knocking about. Smith was a promoter of Zeek rewards, and is now being pursued, apparently, to repay the money he made as a promoter so it can be repaid to those who lost out on Zeek. He has also been in jail in the Uk for fraud - and yes, more homeworking schemes! He is also in MAPs.

You have to ask yourself what the involvement of people like this means. They are certainly not doing what they do for the benefit of others, despite claims that they (and Mike Deese, and Chris Smith of BB before them) want to "give the little guy a chance". There are people who just go from one thing to the next, make what THEY can out of it, then move on. They don't look back, they don't mention their past schemes. What they are promotong NOW is pushed as "the next big thing". But do you think they are ever likely to change? Perhaps they have been in 49 different things in the past, all dodgy, all failed, all collapsed leaving people out of pocket. Is is likely that the 50th scheme is going to be real, genuine and good? I suggest you look at the past pattern and draw your conclusions from that.

You sound like a decent person and you sound as if you have a decent job and reasonable income. I think you should listen to your own common sense, which, you say, tells you that MAPs should be avoided. Just ask yourself, when thinking it might be "real", is this likely? Is it logical? I'm afraid that the answer as far as I'm concerned, is "no".

Of my friends, a few years ago, only 1 put money into BB (telling me I was wrong, that it was a "real business") and predictably, he lost the lot. (BB as you may know, crashed and burned in spectacular fashion. It also lost a lot of people a lot of money. There are now official receivers looking into it, and, as far as I can recall, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are involved because of suspicion of criminal activitylike fraud and money laundering.) My friend now knows better and avoids ALL schemes.

I honestly think you should try to get out whatever money you have put into MAPs and call it a day.

14. Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting article here by Patrick Pretty:-

‘MyAdvertisingPays’ And A Bromide Thrice Vomited

Thanks to the MAPs Scam FB page where it was first posted by Tom Shamblin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennyp123 View Post
    Oopsy......
    Oopsy is right...

I hate to go all 8th grade gym teacher, using early withdrawal as due diligence does not prevent Ponzi. I don't care if friends are doing it, in nine months some of you are going to get a lesson that lasts a lifetime.

MAPS WITHDRAWAL.JPG

withdrawals as due diligence.JPG
    "It's virtually impossible to violate rules ... but it's impossible for a violation to go undetected, certainly not for a considerable period of time." Bernie Madoff
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scam-...98399986981403

Post Thanks / Like

nerd: I want to thank you for coming here and asking your questions about MAPS and the dilemma you are facing between what your gut is telling you and that little voice in the back of your head that is asking "but what if it is real?"

I want you to stop and consider this: You have had numerous people respond to your questions and not one of them received a dime for providing you all the information that they have given you. If MAPS was real, why wouldn't they be involved? But more importantly many of the ones giving you advice have been exposing these Ponzi's and Scams for more than ten years. Some have been involved for a lot less time, but it does not diminish their information or knowledge. Get the idea that they just might know what they are talking about?

But the one subject you have not brought up that I think is making this so hard for you is this: You have been told not to pay attention to anyone who is saying bad things about MAPS. MAPS has told you that detractors of MAPS don't understand MAPS, they are jealous, they are negative people, they don't want to see others succeed, they are afraid to take risks, they have an agenda, they are haters, and the list goes on and on. So when you see all the replies of how and why MAPS is a Ponzi, you are struggling with who do you believe? One way for you to make this determination is what I have said above....none of the people here make a dime from their telling you about MAPS. There is no financial gain for them to trash MAPS. But those in MAPS have a financial interest in keeping you in MAPS. So who has the most to gain and lose? It sure isn't the people who have been giving you their free advice about MAPS.

We have assisted numerous people in getting their money back from a Ponzi, but a few of them turn right around and put it all into the next Ponzi. Not once, but sometimes 2 and 3 times. Then they get upset when the program collapsed and they can't get any of their money back and blame us. Yet we weren't the ones taking their money nor did they listen to our advice from their first Ponzi. The reason they didn't listen was because they got addicted to what they thought was easy money, and became part of the cult mentality that is present in every Ponzi/Scam.

Only you can determine if you will accept the free information you have been given about MAPS. Likewise you have no-one to blame but yourself if you ignore this information and refer others into this Ponzi, and yes it is a Ponzi. As Ponzi's go, this one has lasted a little longer than most, but it isn't going to be much longer before all the new signups stop at the pace they are joining now, and then all the "Problems and Excuses" will begin: Server issues, payment processor issues, system was hacked, website is under DDOS attack, having to move to a bigger server, database issues, moving to new server taking longer than expected, payment issues and the list continues from there. Mark my words, this day is not that far off.

But I would offer you to do this test: Get all your money you put into MAPS out, then wait six months. At the end of six months if everything is still working great, then get back in. After all MAPS is going to be around forever and be the next Google. Well that's what the major pimps claim. You see I am betting that MAPS doesn't last more than six more months. We are already seeing signs this is in trouble, but it is just not visible to the members because the pimps keep you focused on recruiting. What you also don't realize is they have gotten their money out a long time ago and all they have at risk is their referral commissions. So if it goes belly-up, they don't lose that much.

Hope this helped.
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

18. Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

News just in about the wheel.....

Maps 281 Mar 15.jpg Maps 282 Mar 15.jpg

With all these genuine ads flying about, and hoards of people just waiting to join and advertise, wouldn't you think they'd have a bigger and better server??

Post Thanks / Like

More fighting talk from Andrew the Taxi.....

Maps 280 Mar 15.jpg

I don't think it is us who will "look stupid" when this thing goes belly up.

How did Banners Broker work out for you, eh Andrew? Given that you are describing yourself as a "broke taxi driver" I'm guessing the answer to that question is "not very well"?

21. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you didn't Simon!

That is never YOUR arm!

Maps 283 Mar 15.jpg

And if it is, you're a bigger wally than I thought!
    Last edited by Della Cate; 03-13-2015 at 04:50 PM.

23. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nerd: Now we have Simon Stepsys lying about his new tattoo. Does it make you wonder what else he is lying about? I would also be asking Simon if he such a millionaire, why does every picture of him has him wearing the same shirt and suit? Why is his wife still working in the pub? You know, little things like that kind of debunks all he has to say don't you think?
    Last edited by EagleOne; 03-14-2015 at 12:52 AM.
    EagleOne
    Author: "Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It" available in soft cover and eBook at Amazon.com

25. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Della Cate View Post
    No, you didn't Simon!

That is never YOUR arm!

Maps 283 Mar 15.jpg

And if it is, you're a bigger wally than I thought!
    Of course it's not..
    http://photofunia.com/categories/all...s/heart_tattoo

27. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah. they love that website.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the responses and to those who havent been rude or talked to me like im an idiot. Im not here to troll Im just trying to get the truth. I will get my sponsor to read the responses here and see what he says as well. I will take some time to think things over and I may have some more questions, but their a few things I want to say now

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post

You see I am betting that MAPS doesn't last more than six more months. We are already seeing signs this is in trouble, but it is just not visible to the members because the pimps keep you focused on recruiting.
    Eagleone, can you elaborate on the signs that its in trouble?

I am aware that if I withdraw $1500 MAPs still has $2000 of my money. I can do basic math. What i am trying to point out is that a lot of you are saying that the money in your available account balance is just numbers on a screen. But if I have withdrawn then its not numbers on a screen. Its real. If i want I can save up another $1500 and withdraw, or I can withdraw everything and end up with everything I put in plus 15% plus $7 for every credit pack I have repurchased with earnings in the last 6 months. Are you saying that if i try to withdraw more than what I put in they will not let me?

I have been told that BB failed because the people running it decided to take off with all the money. Is this true? If so this doesnt prove that BB was a fraudulent business. It proves that the people who were is charge were dishonest. If im wrong about why BB collapsed please set me straight.

If MAPS is a scam, then eventually it will be shut down or collapse, the people running it will be charged and prosecuted, those that have made lots of money in referral commissions will have to pay it back, and anyone who has lost money can just do a charge back and get their money back the same way people have with BB and achieve community. So what is to be gained by even running a scam like this if all that you are going to get out of it is jail time?

This is something im not sure about so hopefully someone can clear it up. I have heard that MAPS is a registered business based in the UK. If this is the case I assume they will be required to pay tax. Once they file a tax return I have heard that some of the information will be become public and made available for a small fee from the companies office or what ever the UK equivalent is. Is this true? And if so wouldnt it just be a matter of time before we have the proof in the form of the MAPS accounts?

Post Thanks / Like

Im not here to troll
    you just proved you are with that ridiculous response. People aren't 'rude' just because you don't like the answers of reality.

I have been told that BB failed because the people running it decided to take off with all the money. Is this true?
    why are you wasting your time here? There's a 671 page thread on it plus 2 bonus threads on where some of the scammers are now. And yet you ask this? that's a troll.
    I'll tell you what..........if anyone took off with money, it was the same simon septic that's spearheading this scam and he's going to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not followed this thread very diligently so please forgive me if I am bringing you old news. I came accross a site today which stated that MAPS blog was suspended by wordpress for violations.

Wordpress suspends myadvertisingpays.com

"myadvertisingpays.wordpress.com is no longer available.

This site has been archived or suspended for a violation of our Terms of Service.
    For more information and to contact us please read this support document."

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

33. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    you just proved you are with that ridiculous response. People aren't 'rude' just because you don't like the answers of reality.

why are you wasting your time here? There's a 671 page thread on it plus 2 bonus threads on where some of the scammers are now. And yet you ask this? that's a troll.
    I'll tell you what..........if anyone took off with money, it was the same simon septic that's spearheading this scam and he's going to do it again.
    You are being rude right now. Just forget i said it, this isnt helpful. Once again I am not here to troll. I just want the truth.

I was hoping maybe some one could answer my BB question without me having to read through a 671 page thread

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't even begun to be rude. Why haven't you answered any of the legitimate questions people asked? That's rude. But you aren't a troll. lol

Dump all your cash and that of all your friends in dude. Don't let anyone here stop ya.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have the answers whip, like I said their are many aspects of MAPs that are highly suspicious and im trying to get to the bottom of things. I apologise for calling you or anyone else rude. Im not here to get into petty arguements. I now see it was a mistake to post that and I would edit the post if I could. If anyone still wants to help me with the questions I asked in the last real post I made Im still listening